Please help me!!! Dreamer is having a pelvic nerve lock

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been keeping up with the thread for a couple of days now. Haven't been able to post till now. Will keep Dreamer and her humans in my prayers for a safe trip tomorrow and more good news. Can't wait to read on here that everything is going to be fine.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

We've been watching this post since it started and been praying for your little Dreamer! It's wonderful news that her legs not broken!
default_aktion033.gif
We'll keep all of you in our thought's and prayers!
default_yes.gif

Bill, Wanalynn, & The "Brat Pack"

I wasnt able to get to this thread until tonight and am so thankful that so far prayers are working continued prayers for successful trip skilled surgeons if needed and remarkable recovery. Also prayers for Art and Theresa for continued strength through the next phase of Dreamer's recovery. Dreamer has lots of angels watching over her both from heaven and here on earth. Please God contnue to hold Dreamer and her humans in your loving hands and give them a miracle.

I am so glad that everything is working out for your family and Dreamer. Here is to a safe trip and a good outcome from the operation
default_biggrin.png
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Theresa,

I loved your story about Dreamer - (Dad was so proud our 1st mini together!!!! He told me that night he liked the name Dreamer, and why. That one day he hoped I would come back home and his dream was for us to have horses again. So there you have it as to why she is called Dreamer.)

It sounds like you had a beautiful relationship with your Dad, I know Dreamer is so special to you but that connection makes her even more special.

My Dad passed away in November-he was one of the most wonderful fathers anyone could possibly have had - not really a horse person but he always backed me in everything that I did - hence the name QtrRae for our minis - my Dad's name was Ray.

I feel in my heart that your precious Dreamer will be just fine!

Lots of HUGS and continued prayers - many of us will be with you and Dreamer throughout this entire ordeal

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

The best news I've heard in days! So glad Dreamer will be Ok.

$$$ on the way, I want to help in even the smallest way. I don't have the webcam but with the picture and updates I feel so attached to this horse. I hope I would have the endurance you have shown in taking care of your lovely girl. I have seen people give up because they don't have the money to cover the expense. I admire you Theresa and I am so glad to help you through this terrible ordeal.

XXXXXXXXXX

Mary

I was wondering if you have a picture of dreamer you would post. If to much trouble that is Ok.

Right now I am setting here with happy tears coming down, I am so glad the xrays showed what they did, she is a tough little horse and has a long road ahead of her, I will be praying for her tomorrow and hope she recovers fully. Prayers for the 3 of you.

Right now I am setting here with happy tears coming down, I am so happy that Dreamers leg wasn't broken, I know she has a long road ahead of her and she is a tough little horse and will pull through this, Prayers being sent to the 3 of you and I will be thinking of her tomorrow.

Here's what I posted on the other thread
default_biggrin.png

A few people are snail mailing funds also!

We just got home from driving over to their house and I handed Theresa $400 IN CASH.

I wanted them to have it in time for their trip.
default_yes.gif

I will give them more from my PayPal once it clears.

We took a big quilt for Dreamer in case she needs it. And I went in and gave Dreamer (and Theresa) a hug from you ALL! Just as I said I would. If you saw, The big gal in blue sweater was me LOL

Theresa is still always there, her cot is right outside the stall.

They are leaving very early in the morning so they can drive really slow to the hospital.

She says to thank you all for everything. She has no words!

I told Dreamer to be a good girl and we all loved her. Her eyes are BRIGHT and she's full of spirit! She has Eagles in her eyes!

Robin

Hi Theresa, Art, and Dreamer, Our family has never posted to a forum before accidentally coming across Dreamer! And we've been following since the first day. Shed many tears for you all...Fortunately, we were on spring vacation so we could check frequently. I admit, I took a quick peak at work this morning on my work computer to see how the x-rays went! I did a little victory dance at my desk for you! We appreciated the personal note about your father and Dreamer. I imagine he's pulling for her too! Best wishes and safe travels tomorrow! Our thoughts and prayers are with you... Becky, Pasco, Washington

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

The best news I've heard in days! So glad Dreamer will be Ok.

$$$ on the way, I want to help in even the smallest way. I don't have the webcam but with the picture and updates I feel so attached to this horse. I hope I would have the endurance you have shown in taking care of your lovely girl. I have seen people give up because they don't have the money to cover the expense. I admire you Theresa and I am so glad to help you through this terrible ordeal.

XXXXXXXXXX

Mary

I was wondering if you have a picture of dreamer you would post. If to much trouble that is Ok.
I would be glad to! I have a minute before I get back to the barn, Art is with her now. The trailer is hitched, her hay and feed are loaded. I am happy and soooooooo very nervous for her...She knows something is up, we are going to sit and talk with her when I get back to the barn and explain to her that she is going to see someone to fix her and make her well, that she should not be afriad.. That we will never give up till she is at all she can do. I am not good with long road trips with the horses. We saw a trailer carrying 8 horses come off the hitch in Fla. Went across a 4 lane highway at 60 mph went off the road and hit a guide wire from a telephone pole. The horses only had minor cuts and bruises. Scared the heck out of me! The truck did not even know he had lost the trailer......:{ So, I am going to be up all night so I will sleep most of the way there, and Art will come home and sleep in bed so he can be rested to drive. We are going to be going thru OKC at rush hour and we have no clue how to get there except for map quest! It is a normal 2 1/2 hour drive but with Dreamer having her out as bad as it is, it will take about 3 1/2-4 hours...Thank you to everyone who loves this little horse as much as we do....I will post on how things went at the surgeons when we get home. It will be strange coming home to an empty stall. A Mare and Her Humans... Art and Theresa
Dayjaoneyearold07-21-07089.jpg

With Donte~

IMG_1124.jpg

With Dayja

Picture024.jpg

With Donte~

jul1484.jpg

I am, like the others, thrilled that it wasn't a break....still painful and serious but, at least probably mendable.

When I had to transport my stallion to the orthopedic surgeon with a broken leg -- I used bags of shavings to support him in the trailer. Used my mini trailer but, stacked those complressed bags on both sides and tied him (which I rarely do in a small, stalled trailer!) but, I know that horses get a great deal of support and balance from their head/neck. Since he couldn't shift more than a couple of inches until he was leaning on softened but firm sides, three legs and his neck to pull kept him well balanced and in control. He was in no way able to get hung up or fall. Took the trip very, very well both ways.

If using a large horse trailer, consider a sling and close, padded sides. We put a sling under him at the vet while he was given anesthesia, to hold him until we could lay him down. A twin sized heavy cotten bedspread, under his belly, up and across the shoulders of myself and another vet tech did the trick, with someone to hold his head as he went under the meds. AMAZING what can be done with these small ones.

The vet was a long time race track orthopedic surgeon and had structured down to dogs/cats but, took this horse due to his small size. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been equipped for handling him.

PRAYING FOR THE VERY BEST OUTCOME
default_wub.png

default_saludando.gif
I justed wanted to say that it was such a relief to read your post. So glad nothing is broke. She is a fighter and I pray for a quick recovery from surgery. Bless you to for being such wonderful caring horse owners.. And I just wanted to say also she is a very pretty mare. Oh, also I have been over to the Barrel Horse forum and they all wanted you know that they are all still sending prayers for Dreamer's recovery.. Good luck tomorrow and have a safe trip..
default_yes.gif

Oh what a beautiful little girl! Those pictures sent shivers up my spine and tears to my eyes. Such spirit shone out from that first picture, I can see why she is still fighting. This is not a lady to give up easily and you two are matching her all the way. Such devotion is beautiful to see, and makes one feel so very humble.

You may already be on your way to the hospital. I wish you all the very best for a safe journey, and my hopes and prayers for Dreamer's stay at the centre and for a successful outcome to the surgery.

I am just hoping that the folk at the hospital will let you return to stay with Dreamer after her surgery. I feel that she may need you there right beside her to help her through this. It is so very obvious that you are her strength, and she will need your love and words of encouragement in the weeks to come.

To two wonderful people I offer my thanks for letting us all share this difficult time for you, and my continued prayers for you and your fantastic little mare.

Hugs - Anna

[SIZE=10pt]Dreamer and her humans-[/SIZE]

Wishing you a safe trip to the hospital, a quick successful stay and then good recuperation time at home. You are really super threesome.

I'll be thinking about you today and sending my prayers and best wishes.

Take care and am looking forward to the next update.

Barbie

I just took a peek at Dreamer and it looks like she is resting comfortably. Praying that everything goes well today.

Dreamer and Her Humans,

I am overjoyed to hear that Dreamer's hip is only just dislocated and there are no breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasn't able to get to a computer at all yesterday but had you all in my thoughts and prayers.

It has made my morning to hear this news.

Godspeed on your trip to the next hospital...and thru the surgery

So many are praying for you and your mare......

You are truly blessed..

Latest posts

Back