Please a young man needs your prayers desperately

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danielle, didn't you say that Devon was the passenger on a ski-doo? What about the driver? Is he/she okay?

Still praying for Devon and anxiously waiting for more (good) news on him.

:new_shocked: Purely terrifying. No one with this much love and talent deserves to go through this. Actually, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE DOES. But these horses need him, and so does this world. I'm praying my little head off + will add him to the prayer list at school for a little extra.

Though, thats the kind of news I was hoping for. Just keep on fighting and I'll keep on asking God!

Last edited by a moderator:
Judy, Devon was the passenger, not the driver on the skidoo, you read that right and no they didn't hit anything, the driver is just fine, it's Devon that fell off and they were travelling approximately 50 km an hour which is 30 mph or so? not sure would have to do the conversion. The reason for the extent of the injuries is because Devon wasn't wearing a helmet and fell off. The way the helmets are made now for snowmobilers, well he wouldn't have suffered anywhere near the injuries. Oh he might have had a concussion but he certainly wouldn't have broken his nose or messed up his face the way he did because the visor would have prevented that from happening. I also believe it would have saved the head fracture and subsequent cranial bleeding and of course the swelling of the brain which when that happens chokes off the oxygen supply to the brain cells and can cause permanent brain damage.

For any young adults out there who ride snowmobiles, ATVs(four wheelers), motorcycle - PLEASE PLEASE ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET!!! It's not worth taking the chance, as you see what happened here.

Thanks Kim, I will take a look at my emails. I am a firm believer that "horse people" are WONDERFUL people, the BEST!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My husband and I go skidooing. He has a 2005 Bombardier, not sure what make though. We always wear helmets with visors, skidoo suits, skidoo boots, mittens, you name it. I am the passenger and have my own seat. I am sure had Devon been wearing a helmet he would not had as bad of injuries like Danielle said. I hope he gets better soon as he was nice to answer my questions when I e-mailed him about Shetlands as I had a modern mare at the time, since been sold. Praying he gets better soon.
default_pray.gif
: I am sure the driver feels really bad.

Received an update on Devon this morning. He IS talking now, still tires easily BUT he can also move his hands, arms, legs, THANK YOU GOD. He remembers people, names, he remembers his ponies, etc. The doctors still won't say he will be 100% because they just don't know at this point as far as any permanent brain damage. It will be a long road ahead for this young man BUT I know Devon, he is like Don and can be stubborn as heck, aren't most men
default_rolleyes.gif
: and thank goodness they are, lol. So, all the news so far is EXTREMELY good. He is still in iCU, not sure when they will be able to move him. He is still not on food, they are giving him ice-chips and a couple of teaspoon of liquid so far but he is being fed intravenously still. His mom told him why he was in the hospital, the accident but that is not registering at this point. He thinks he is in the hospital for a sex change
default_unsure.png
: ???? Not sure if the catheter that has him thinking that????? He is still groggy from having been on those strong meds to induce the coma. Will keep you all posted as I get more news and the days ahead develop

Well, this is unbelievably good news!!! :risa8: :aktion033: :cheeky-smiley-006: :488: :new_multi:
default_cheers.gif
:
default_firstprize.gif
: THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our prayers will continue to be with Devon and his family for as long as it takes! Thank you so much for keeping us updated, Danielle.

And for those of you who might have missed it, Kim gave us the address for the hospital so that we can send him cards and good wishes. Let's get Canada Post hopping again like we did for Goose a couple of Christmases ago!

Write to: Devon Morrow

c/o CHEO (that's the children's hospital)

401 Smythe Rd.

Ottawa, ON

Canada K1H 8L1

Latest posts

Back