Please a young man needs your prayers desperately

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you again for the update!

I will keep thinking of him and hoping for him to get back to all that he loves best.

He's young, strong, and surrounded by love. We need him here!

Liz M.

Sorry, got home about an hour ago and have been on the phone most of the time and scrambling to get the horses totally tucked in for the night as we are expecting that storm they are talking about in this area, 40 cm of snow, oh joy oh bliss with -29 degree and blowing wind.

Okay, spent a few hours at the hospital this afternoon with Don and Cathy (parents). As mentioned yesterday was a very bad day for Devon, today much better but with a few "hiccups". They are trying to adjust his meds and again when they try this his vitals are all over the place which upsets everyone because basically I was told the machines he is hooked to stop registering numbers. I did find out that Devon has an added complication now, that of pneumonia and that is due to being in a drug induced coma. It's a bad for basically a good, so he is also on some very strong antibotics to try and stem that issue. They have ordered more cat-scans for tomorrow and hopefully they can get that done to see if the brain swelling has come down at all. So basically at this point it's still a "wait and see" which can be so very difficult on his parents. They are surrounded by many friends and family members and Don was laughing today at least.

He told us that last night he decided to not sleep in the room they provided for him but told the nurses he was going to sleep in the waiting room. This room has shutters over all the windowed area and a couple of vending machines.... The nurses told him they would wake him up if there were any problems. Well apparently in the middle of the night a nurse walked in to use the vending machines and she didn't realize he was in there, it was pitch black in there. Don woke up and his initial reaction was to scream "WHAT'S WRONG???" and the poor nurse was scared out of her wits and ran out of the room, she never came back. It was nice to see Don lauhging today and Cathy too.

There is a young man next to Devon who Don grew up with that child's parents, small world. That boy was in a ski accident, he went over a cliff and fell in a gully. Then as Don and I were going outisde for a cigarette someone nudged me on my arm and I turned around and it was Mrs. Hunt who I had not seen since we moved from Russell. I had forgot that she work at the Children's Hospital. She asked me what I was doing there and I told her I was with Don and that his son was in ICU and she looked at Don and said, my daughter is in your son's class....... talk about a small world. It truly is a small world we live in.

Will update tomorrow.

P.S. I printed out this thread for Don and Cathy and please know that your words were of great comfort to them, thank you so very much!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Prayers coming from me too. Devon has been in my thoughts since this happened I jsut have not had a chance to write. Prayers for the whole family too!

Thanks for updates Kim and Danielle.

Devon and his family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Please tell Devon that I'd like to see him at my clinic in Chesterville on June 2!!!

I sure will tell him Judy (Sunny) :bgrin , that he has a date with an older woman :new_shocked:
default_wink.png
:

Hang in there Devon, we're all praying for you. Stay strong young man! (((((HUGS))))) to mom and dad too!

Thanks for the updates Danielle.
default_smile.png

Thank you both for the updates. A candle was lit for Devon today, and prayers are being said. Just wish there was something we could say or do for his family. I cant begin to imagine what they are going thru. :no: Corinne

Prayers for Devon from TN. I too also believe in the power of prayer.

YOUR PRAYERS ARE WORKING, YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :aktion033: :bgrin
default_smile.png

Devon had a good day today, bleeding in the brain had stopped and the swelling of the brain is coming down nicely. They are going to start weaning him off the meds that are inducing the drug induced coma and see how it goes. Oh, there is such a lifting of my spirit tonight for Don and Cathy and Devon, THANK YOU GOD, THANK YOU MEMBERS OF LILBEGINNINGS FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT TO THE FAMILY. So glad that there is finally "hope". Going to sleep much better tonight and I know Don and Cathy will as well.

Hey Kim, I see you are online and reading the message, left you a message earlier at home. Isn't this WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Sorry tried to get a pic to upload here and for some reason it won't. Pic of "papa" don with our stallion Midnight Moondancer, oh well. I rember the day that Devon, must have been, lets see, about 10 at the time., and my mare Abby's first show. It's something I will never forget because it was quite comical. Devon just adored Abby and he was so thrilled to show her for us. He was trying to set her up and was quite intense in his job and took his hat off and put it infront of Abby to get her attention and she went straight up in the air, lol, but he held on, bless his soul, and he did it a second time and here was Don next to me just outside the ring saying "if it didn't work the first time, do ya really think it will work the second time Devon??". Too funny, something I will never forget! :bgrin

Prayers to Devon and his family, KEEP FIGHTING!!

THANK GOD for this good news! I pray that his recovery continues to go well, and that he and his family continue to be strong.

(Thanks for the message, Danielle. I was so sorry I missed your call.)

YOUR PRAYERS ARE WORKING, YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :aktion033: :bgrin
default_smile.png

Devon had a good day today, bleeding in the brain had stopped and the swelling of the brain is coming down nicely. They are going to start weaning him off the meds that are inducing the drug induced coma and see how it goes. Oh, there is such a lifting of my spirit tonight for Don and Cathy and Devon, THANK YOU GOD, THANK YOU MEMBERS OF LILBEGINNINGS FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT TO THE FAMILY. So glad that there is finally "hope". Going to sleep much better tonight and I know Don and Cathy will as well.

PRAISE GOD! Holding in continued love and prayers.

Keeping Devon in my prayers and sending healing thoughts his way.

I am so glad to read this positive news!

I feel so much better, now, and I will hope for continued improvement.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Liz M.

Danielle...

I remember when Devon showed Abby...she was a little stinker!!

WOOHOOOOOOO....come on buddy...YOU CAN DO IT...WE ARE ALL PRAYING SO HARD !!!!

Thank you for the update...what encouraging news. Prayers will keep coming ~

Danielle..

Hear anything?? I sent you an email about Devon being in the Saddle Horse Report as well. The power of prayer comes from the Saddlebred world as well. What a popular young man!

Kim

Latest posts

Back