Please keep Best Friend in your prayers today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
Bev Gray is in surgery for her heart as I type this.

She has been my best friend (consider her my older sister that I don't have)for over 30 years, our children grew up together. Bev comes on here but I don't think she is an actual member and she shows with us down in Ada.

When Bev was very young she had a hole in her heart that was repaired with a patch but now that she is shall we say more mature, has worn out. She discovered this when she went in for pre-op tests last year when she had her knee replaced but they were able to control it with medication. He doctor decided it was time to deal with the replacement of the patch before there was any heart damage and when they started doing test to be sure that was all they found she has a leaking valve as well. She told her doctor that since he was in the area he might as well fix it too.

She went into surgery about an hour ago and it is expected to take approximately 5 hours. Her husband and grown daughter, quite a few of her church family and her two sisters are waiting at the hospital so decided I would just be in the way. Her son is deployed right now so can not be here.

Going to be hard to wait 5 hours to hear how she is doing. She will be in the hospital for 5-6 days and off work for about 6 weeks. Will be going over every other day or so to see how the horses are doing. They are on pasture and have round bales to munch on but they do need to be seen and looked over as husband is not a horse person so would not know if something was "off" with them.

Please say a prayer that Bev comes through this surgery without a problem. Thanks

UPDATE: Heard from Bev's husband about 15 minutes ago. She is out of surgery and in recovery. Repaired the hole and only 1 valve--thought there might have been two but only one. They did something else to help with the arimethia but will be 3 months before they will be able to tell if that worked.

Please continue to keep her in your prayers as she starts her recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Davie,,,,

I hope it is all right and fixed as soon as possible. I work with a lady with almost exactly the same thing, hole in her heart. And had it repaired a couple hears ago. She had a LONG road to recovery, but she is just fine now. The worst part is waiting for the good news when they come out of surgery! Keeping you both in my thoughts!!!

Praying for Bev.

Sending prayers for Bev and her family......

Davie, please tell Bev I send my wishes for a total and fast recovery!

I was glad to meet her when you brought her down years ago. She's a very nice lady!

Back