PlayTime Minis 2015 Foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! I think he is pretty special. I have always been a huge fan of Paradigm. I will try to find some pics and see if I can post them.

Paradigm day 314. Doesn't look like anything is happening. I can tell the baby has dropped though from the way she's carrying it. I don't know if I should be concerned or if nature is just taking a while. She's acting fine and happy.

2015february6thparadigm 001.JPG

2015february6thparadigm 002.JPG

2015february6thparadigm 003.JPG

2015february6thparadigm 006.JPG

Giver her a couple days, maybe she is enjoying her free time
default_smile.png
. But if you really do feel concerned, then calling the vet won't hurt. Her belly deffinatly looks as though it has dropped. But she still needs some baggage. She also needs to relax her lady parts a bit more. Does her tail seem loose at all? Sorry if you put the answer in a previous post.

Hi Rebecca, no her tail isn't loose and she seems a long way out from foaling to me at the moment. Just doesn't seem at all ready even though the baby has dropped. I can feel he or she has dropped in the past couple of days. I always worry. She's not acting strange or as if anything is wrong and is eating well and drinking enough and her usual happy self.

Thanks for posting. I'm a worrier and you helped.

Good to know I helped. If I were in your shoes due to the baby dropping and lack of her tail being soft/and no vulva relaxation I would call my vet. Just to ask what there opinion is. Not to spend money on an appointment unless recommended by my vet. Just for my sanity lol. Also calling her previous owner to see what they think. But honestly I'm a worrier too.

Other more experienced members probably have some idea as of what to do. Hopefully one of them will see this soon and give you better suggestions. Who knows maybe Diane will be on soon. I think the magic words are its raining appys
default_smile.png

Sorry, on Friday's I have a standing dinner with a friend, so it takes me a while to get on here. But, no worries, she looks very good and is progressing nicely by the looks of things. She's elongating more, and looks perfectly normal and doing fine.

Last edited:
Hope you had a great dinner Diane. I've got a wonderful vet out here and he told me if I need him any time at any hour all I have to do is call and one of them will be out.

I think perhaps I'm just totally impatient and then the baby dropped and I thought it would happen.

Thank you.

Taking a Paradigm break and getting started with the grand senior mare ASA Wish Upon A Star - her final foal this year bred to LM Idols Hawks Burton. Wish will be at 300 days on February 16th so here's her first photos. When she foaled for me last time, she had no bag at all prior to foaling so that won't be an indicator unless everything is different this year.

I don't know if this picture shows it because her head is down but that is one big baby in there. She looks so heavily pregnant.

2015february7thwish 001.JPG

2015february7thwish 002.JPG

2015february7thwish 003.JPG

Woo you can say heavily pregnant again lol. How tall is she\ old? She's very pretty, id love to see her shaved.

She's looking great! Is she a little momma? The little ones can look so "full" so early, but she's lovely!!

Last edited:
Wish is a giant for me at 34", she's 20 years old and this is her final foal. She's a grand old lady in the miniature world as the dam to many champions. Early in her career she won Mare and Foal class at Worlds and my fondest hope would be for her to finish her career this way with this coming foal. Then she'll be retired on my farm and stay with me forever.

Here's some photos of my Wish. When she was out being bred to Burton last spring, I thought she deserved a professional photo shoot so had pro pics done too.

Wishwin.jpg

wish dht-54 fin.jpg

wish dht-56 fin.jpg

She is so pretty. You have given her an awesome time! Love the way she gets to retire. The professional pics are great.

Looks like you have a beautiful line up. My guess with Wish would be with her being older things are stretched out...then again it very well may be a bigger foal. Got to love mother nature.

It's really hard to tell with Wish for sure as she gets absolutely no bag before she foals. I think she has quite a bit of rolling to do to line the baby up or it could be a giant baby
default_yes.gif
Here's her foal (filly) she had for me in 2013 at a few days old.

2013october11thfoal 004.JPG

2013october15thhorses 003.JPG

Latest posts

Back