Our 288 day baby!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh THANK YOU for the update,been going crazy here. Hang in there little guy,we're all praying for you. Wish I was closer i'd love to help. So glad he's hangin in there!

oh YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy he is still hanging in there! Continuing to send prayers. Come on, lil' guy!

Stac,

Thanks SO much for the update! I've been going crazy with worry but didn't want to bother Shauna with all she's got on her mind right now. I'll keep praying for the little guy! And hugs to Shauna and hubby for all they're doing.
default_wub.png

Stacy,

Thank you for the update. The fact that he was up this AM and took a bottle is a really good sign. Still praying for him.

thank you for updating Stacy. I've been checking several times per day.

Hang in there little furbaby! and his poor humans too.

Charlotte

I am glad to hear that he is still hanging in there. Of course, it was working hard with the mare to hold her off that gave him this chance to begin with, so he has some fighters on his side. Lets hope that tomorrow brings even better news!

Barb

I am so glad to hear that he is hanging in there. It sounds like a good sign that he was able to get up, if only for a little while. Thank you so much for the update. Keep holding on little guy!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Stacy-

Thank you so much for the update - I have been checking for an update really often today and so scared when there wasn't one. Shauna - you and your husband are certainly special people - hope your little guy turns the corner soon.

Hugs to you both and the little one - and his mom too. This has to be so hard for her. Lots of prayers coming your way.

Barbie

Thank you Stacy for keeping everyone updated and all your help. Yesterday was very difficult, my husband and I were both trying to keep up with appointments, surgeries etc while trying to keep him going... As Stacy said he did not do well yesterday, he was unresponsive and his body started shutting down. His bloodwork shows his liver is/was failing along with a host of other issues. He stopped breathing and we had to intubate him. Thank goodness he decided to do all that when we were at work with him! Had he not already been at the hospital where we had supplies for a respiratory emergency we would have lost him right then.

He is breathing on his own now and is on supplemental oxygen. He has a feeding tube and IV fluids. We didn't think he would come out of his coma or make it through the day yesterday but this morning he woke up and STOOD UP ON HIS OWN!!!! We could not believe it!!!!!!! He even took a bottle. That wore him out and he's been back in his unresponsive state ever since but seeing him wake up and stand and WALK gave me new hope. He's not looking so good right now but we aren't giving up on him just yet.

Thank you so much for all your support
default_wub.png
As long as he isn't suffering (we are giving him pain meds, just in case) then we will keep trying. I am SOOOOOO tired, I was working on a paper for school last night and wrote the same thing twice over
default_wacko.png

What a beautiful sight this morning!!!!!!!!

Whitney_colt_playpen_2_27_09.jpg

His usual state since yesterday morning (except for the surprise!), this was taken at 4:30pm PST.

Whitney_colt_downPM_2_27_09.jpg

Oh, Shauna, I really feel for you and I do know what you are going through. The situation is either going to get a lot better quickly or go downhill. Hang in there........

Thank you for the update! I've been so worried!!

Bless his heart! And yours!
default_wub.png

You're all fighting very hard and he has the best care!

{{{hugs}}}

I can't believe I missed this thread. I had been following your previous thread for days, and then to read the ups and downs in this one... I just want to say how touched I am with you and your family's commitment to this little foal. Whatever the outcome, he is surely well loved.

Thanks for keeping in touch. Wow those last pictures are defiantly tearjerkers. I am just praying that your guy will pull through with all that you guys have been doing to keep him alive is amazing. May God Bless you for all your hard work!

~Jessica

What a sweet little man. I wish you and your family all the best in getting him through this. You are doing an amazing job!

Hope your mare is doing ok aswell
default_wub.png

Wow! Your commitment to him is awesome!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Seeing him on his feet(if only for a short time) was great.
default_wub.png
Continuing to send prayers and hugs your way.

Latest posts

Back