On Target Miniatures - foal updates December 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The names are just perfect Mary.
default_yes.gif

Hope you have been able to catch up on some sleep now and that Hubby is feeling better - look after yourself!

He has that stunning appearance that Max had. He's gorgeous Mary!!! A keeper for SURE!!! And I'm sure we'll be "hearing his name" winning at the shows for sure!

Just beautiful!!! I really think you're going to have to go after a "repeat" of him, though. He really is STUNNING !! And he will keep that gorgeous color!

Last edited:
haha oh I totally agree Diane! a repeat is sooo necessary ;)
mary already knows that I plan on stealing Luna
default_smile.png
but Jake is soooo handsome! absoloutley perfect! I'm sure the 4H'ers love your new little babies!

He is just soooooooooooooooooooo stunning!!

Can we have an updated pic of Luna too please.

OK, a few Luna pics, mostly taken by Stephanie. A rear view showing legs, letting me play with her ears, and a side view,.

P1090338.JPG

Toffee_filly_5_2_sr_3.jpg

P1090340.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
There she is! She is something special too Mary, so beautifully marked. In fact I might have to hijack that transport that Cassie has ordered and divert it to the UK instead - sorry Cassie!!

I agree Diane, he does have that stunning stance that Max had
default_smile.png
Mary didn't you decide that last year was your last year too
default_smile.png
your babies are just way to stunning to stop but if you keep up you will need to build a bigger barn for all the keepers. Lol

That filly is just gorgeous, too!! How beautiful both are! Your stallion is a perfect cross with your girls -- so hard to find!

Thank you all for the compliments! We will not breed for next year, but we aren't gelding Buckshot yet either! And yes, Jake reminds us a bit of Max - that same "look".

I think this shows that bloodlines DO matter and it pays to do your homework. Yes, we selected for pinto (and no app blood), but we were also very particular about bloodlines and conformation. We spent a lot of money and tried very hard to buy from honest, reputable breeders. We really took our time. You mention Buckshot, and although he doesn't have a World or National titles, his siblings and "cousins" have way too many to count. SRF Nobility (sire of a multitude of World Champions and World Grand and Reserve Champions) is a paternal half brother. Buckons Hot Gossip - herself a National Champion - has also produced World Champions and is a maternal half sister. Buckshot's dam is herself a Reserve National Champion. Our mares were selected just as carefully. Dancer's dam is, I believe an AMHR Superior Dam and has produced National Champion driving horses. The temperaments of Buckshot's foals are also incredible as you may be able to tell a bit from the photos, but much more in real life. As these foals get more used to those long legs, expect some videos to show their movement!!!

Your foals show that you are right on target with your program. Those are some stunning foals. Even if Buckshot doesn't have titles to his name doesn't mean he isn't champion material...he sure is producing that and what I love most is that they are all around horses.

is a super stressful time with one of my clients as we try to get a paper published next week and they are asking a ton of questions/having us make lots of changes.
Remember this comment I made the day Dancer foaled? Well the paper came out today and Brian Williams just mentioned our results on NBC news while I was eating dinner! Wow, I didn't think we could top our foaling season but, just.... WOW!!! We figured it was important, but actually hearing it discussed by Brian Williams was pretty exciting. The other authors seemed to have missed it but are pretty excited too. Here is a link to the article: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6218a1.htm?s_cid=mm6218a1_e Hope I don't get in trouble for that! BTW, lack of sleep can also affect memory and increase confusion!!!!

I took more photos today and can post soon. Need to pick favorites.

Mary, both of your babies are beautiful!! You certainly have a great program going there!

Remember this comment I made the day Dancer foaled? Well the paper came out today and Brian Williams just mentioned our results on NBC news while I was eating dinner! Wow, I didn't think we could top our foaling season but, just.... WOW!!! We figured it was important, but actually hearing it discussed by Brian Williams was pretty exciting. The other authors seemed to have missed it but are pretty excited too. Here is a link to the article: http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6218a1.htm?s_cid=mm6218a1_e Hope I don't get in trouble for that! BTW, lack of sleep can also affect memory and increase confusion!!!!

I took more photos today and can post soon. Need to pick favorites.
No problem here!!! How wonderful Mary -- and congratulations on the article!

Reported byMary L. Adams, MS, MPH, On Target Health Data LLC, West Suffield, Connecticut. Angela J. Deokar, MPH, Lynda A. Anderson, PhD, Valerie J. Edwards, PhD, Div of Population Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, CDC. Corresponding contributor: Angela J. Deokar, [email protected], 770-488-5327.

Can't wait for the new pictures!!!

There are 3 of these that are almost identical (burst mode does that) but here is an example. If we didn't already have Max on our farm logo, I might go for this!

And the foals getting to know each other - moms are letting us know they aren't ready to be in the same pasture quite yet.

Luna_Gary_5_9_1.jpg

P1090654.JPG

That beautiful tell tail, arched neck that you are always able to capture is stunning...but horses have to Naturally have it in order to capture it, you've done both Mary!! Congratulations.

Latest posts

Back