On Target Miniatures - foal updates December 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics attached. We think we may need to help with the nursing because I think Dancer's udder is full to bursting. But she is being such a good Mom so far. We are just smitten with this boy; he is a keeper. Aren't sure of his color or eye color and wonder if he is homozygous for pinto??

And a pic of the wax on her teats just before she foaled.

P1090373.JPG

P1090375.JPG

P1090382.JPG

P1090345.JPG

Beautiful pictures Mary.
default_yes.gif

Was watching them a few minutes ago, he's seems to have found his feet and sorted his legs out - was enjoying a few canters round his Mom! Dancer was very interested in his back end, was he trying for his first poo? I'm sure he will start searching properly for the milk bar soon, but Dancer may be a little tender if her udder is so full. Time will tell, but she seems very happy with her new son!

Oh congratulations Mary, I am so happy for you I am sitting here crying (silly emotional woman)

Another successful foaling year for you. Way to go girl (high five)

Really tight hugs for you.

That boy is gorgeous and I'll place money on homozygous -- look at those paw prints on him!!!

CONGRATULATIONS MARY -- AND GOOD JOB DANCER!!!!!

I just love coming home from work and seeing such a beautiful miracle!! ANOTHER GREAT YEAR FOR YOU!!! CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!

default_cheekkiss.gif

Another one that didn't seem to need help - found the milk bar on his own and has pooped too, But we will be keeping an eye on him... how could you not??? Dancer seems a bit uncomfortable despite the Banamine we gave right after she passed the placenta, but it WAS a tight fit. I had a bit of trouble finding the head but realize now that is because his legs are so long! Toffee saved me that worry by having baby out as far as the head by the time I found her!

Congratulations Mary!!! Yay dancer! He is gorgeous so happy that your two beautiful girls have had their gorgeous babies!! Well done to you
default_smile.png
now you can sleep
default_smile.png

Congratulations Mary! What a beautiful colt! I love his coloring! So happy that everything went well too!

Don't know what is wrong with cam but luckily it started doing this AFTER both foals were born. It will go dark and then come back, sometimes while your are watching. We will try a new connector in the wires and see if that helps. I love watching them and seeing the different sizes on the cam so will try to leave cams up for at least a few days.

We have given up on the cams although they are still on. We are learning it takes more than one night (at least at our ages) to catch up on lost sleep. Gary has been sick in bed all day and instead of cancelling the 4-H meeting, it just shot the stress levels off the charts, so I will likely be next. More IRS letters, which are always bad news. But on the bright side, here are some photos of Dancer's colt who we think will go by "Jake".

Jake_5_4_13_1.jpg

Jake_5_4_13_2.jpg

Jake_5_4_13_3.jpg

Jake_head_5_4_13_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary, I love both names. What would you use for a call name for the filly? Jack for the colt is just too perfect.

I think the names are just perfect for them! Wonderful....and to the point!!!

The video is sensational! Such a pretty girl and "Over The Moon" fits her just fine -- and we KNOW that "Hit The Jackpot" is certainly perfect for that awesome boy!!

What a wonderful year for you! Two GORGEOUS babies!!

Congratulations on another gorgeous foal
default_smile.png
I cannot wait to see more pictures!!

Have loved seeing the pics and the video of your gorgeous little foals on Facebook! you better look out or I'm going to come steal Luna! I love her! I showed my best friends mum, and she loves her too!

Jake is soooo handsome! love both of them! congratulations Mary
default_smile.png

p.s sorry to hear that hubby is unwell hope you don't get sick also...

Latest posts

Back