On Target Miniatures - foal updates December 2014

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, LittleRibbie, the neck is what everyone seems to notice, but it comes from the SHOULDER angle. That leads to them being "up-headed", which you can also see in the photos. In both foals in these pics their noses are naturally held higher than their backs.

Well, it does help to have a fairly long neck too, but I think the key is the shoulder angle.

They are both looking absolutely stunning Mary - another successful year for your very special girls, I'm so very pleased for you.
default_yes.gif

I can't believe how stunning they are. Little Luna is just gorgeous with those white stockings! She'll be an eye-catcher for sure!!

/monthly_05_2013/post-3664-0-22994400-1368196251_thumb.jpg LOVE THIS!!!!!!

Mary, Love, Love, Love the video!!! Your 2 foals are so precious and sweet!! You must be on cloud nine and having such a great time with them!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif

OMG!!! Tooooooo cute!! We know who will be the leader of those two! Little Luna has it together for sure! So inquisitive, and poor baby Jake just following up the rear!

I wonder who will be the leader when they are both together all the time? Just beautiful Mary!

Oh tank you for that Mary - they are both just stunning! Luna does look like a little madam, but I expect Jake will 'catch up' in a few more days.
default_yes.gif

default_new_rofl.gif
Just watched the video, typical boy
default_yes.gif
he is a total chicken whilst Luna was politley welcoming him to the new block
default_new_rofl.gif
Thanks for sharing Mary, they both look fab.

Congratulations on you article
default_firstprize.gif

Color tests just in - also posted on main forum. Jake is silver bay and homozygous for tobiano and guess what? Luna is ALSO homozygous for tobiano!!!! So only pinto babies for these two - a pinto breeders dream.

Yay Mary!! That is so very exciting! And wow I didn't realise jake would be silver bay!! That's so cool!
default_smile.png

Yay Mary!! That is so very exciting! And wow I didn't realise jake would be silver bay!! That's so cool!
default_smile.png

default_smile.png

default_smile.png

default_smile.png

Loved the video!! I am just drooling over Luna. Hooooooray on the test results!!!

Great test results Mary - suprised about Luna, there are obviously hidden depths to this special little lady.
default_yes.gif

I just had Luna tested on a whim, not thinking there was much chance of her being H/Z, so when I saw BOTH results were TT, then yes, I was over the moon. I am also thrilled that Jake is silver bay (and heterozygous for agouti, silver and red/black) so the color possibilities that he could throw are pretty exciting. I am also pretty sure he carries splash along with the Tobiano. Unless he changes drastically as he matures I think we will plan to leave him as a stallion.

Boy, I couldn't agree more with that decision! And if he's anything like his father -- your program will continue to improve and improve! Just so happy for you!!

Latest posts

Back