my husband is nearing the end of his long fight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping that you would have gotten a decent nights sleep. It will come in time. The next week is going to be a long one for you and I hope you will take a bit of time for yourself and eat, rest, and find just a bit of time to let down and relax.

Just a suggestion but maybe you could take something to encourage a restful sleep? Sometimes taking a little benadryl at night will help. Perhaps put a call into your doctor, they usually will help in cases like this with some sort of sleep aid. Or take your dogs to bed with you. I am sure they could use a cuddle too.

I am so sad that 2 of our forum family are going through this. Your family and Lisa's family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for keeping us posted now after the fact.....we all want to know how things are going with you, your family, Gary's family, and of course the fur kids!!!!

I have kept them in my thoughts through all of this too....I know they react to these situations the same as people....but soo many times they are forgotten about in our grief. They too will come around...but it is sad to see them depressed and not know how to help them....

((((hugs))))

~kathryn

My thoughts continue to be with you. I can only imagine how hard that would have been spending your 1st night in the bed alone.
default_no.gif

Hang on to those memories, they will warm your heart.
default_wub.png

Give those animals a big hug, they are a good shoulder to cry on.

xox Leonie xox

Your journey has so touched us all. The treasures you will keep in your heart are priceless. God Bless you and the blessings you had with that special man.

Peace be with you and all your family and friends.

Connie

default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
praying for you and your family. Our hearts goes out to you and your family. It sounds like you were a match made from Heaven. Your husband is looking over you now and always.

take care,

Charlene,

I just got caught up on reading your posts, I'm SO sorry to hear what you and the family is going through! I'm praying for you and your family! Its good to know that Gary is now in Heaven, he's in a much better place. And remember that God has a perfect plan and that you may not be able to see the good that has come from all of this but God knows, all you have to do is trust Him. And I know its a lot easier said than done, don't ever forget that we are all here for you and most importantly God is. I pray that God will bring you peace and that you will find joy in remembering all of the good times that you and Gary have shared together.
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
GOD BLESS!!!!

"Don't worry about the past...because our Redeemer has already taken care of it. Don't worry about today...because today will soon be over. And, don't worry about tomorrow... because the Lord is already there."

Charlene, I am so sorry for your loss...I hope you will find peace in knowing he is no longer in pain, but his love for you remains forever. ((((HUGs))))

i have been gathering up a few small things to send with gary. one of his nephew's daughters, just 12 years old, wrote the most beautiful tribute to gary when he was in the hospital and i think it's only fitting that he should take this treasure with him. little sami has not been to see us since gary's death. she just can't bring herself to visit. i feel so bad for this child...remember when i told you gary "saw joey"? (joey is gary's deceased nephew and the father of this little girl). sami was only 3 when joey died, she is such a sensitive little girl and gary's death has hit her very hard.

i'm getting ready to snuggle with a couple of corgis on the couch. i'm sooo tired and i know there will be lots of people out to see us tomorrow. we still have a few things to get ready for tuesday's services so tomorrow will be a busy day.

to all who have left messages in gary's memory book, i thank you so much! the funeral director is e-mailing them to me, i am printing them as they come in and will put them in a binder to be displayed with gary's pictures. i am also printing the lovely collages you have so graciously made for me and i will include them also.

so much love going around here!
default_smile.png

i can't help but wonder how lisa and robert are doing tonight. i think of them so many times during the day.

Oh no, Charlene, I am so very sorry. I am just now getting "caught up" on your thread, and I am so sorry. Gary sounds like a very wonderful, thoughtful man, and you two were both very fortunate to have shared the past 11 years of your lives together. Sending thoughts and prayers of comfort. You are a very strong woman. (((((HUGS)))))

Just wanted to let you know I'm out here and thinking of you all the time.

I know this is so hard. I'm sorry sorry sorry.

Charlene, I am heading to bed, & asking God to be with you tonight and
default_pray.gif
you get some rest. Remember those Corgis are feeling what you are feeling. They know you are hurting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlene ,

Thinking of you and praying that you can get some rest tonight I know it is an exhausting process ..I hope you ,nana and all family are doing okay ...We are still here when you need to talk and give those fur babies all Xtra love from us ............Hugs ...

thanks all! marty, knowing how hard the holiday season has to be for you, i am so touched that you are thinking of us. i think about you and michael often. did michael like to do stuff with his hands? did he like to build? i know he's been in heaven for a while but if he likes that sort of thing, he now has the BEST teacher he could possibly have. gary loved kids. he loved nothing better than to take a young person and show them how to build something. i wonder what sort of project he has michael doing.
default_wink.png

i put fresh flannel sheets on our bed yesterday. i sprayed gary's pillow with a little of his stetson cologne and when i went to bed last night, it felt almost as if he was there for real.

so much to do today to get ready for gary's services tomorrow. i'll probably be scarce but will check in when i can. i need to get our "Christmas story" leg lamp out today. for several years, we haven't put up a tree. we bought one of those silly leg lamps and that's what we put in our living room instead of the usual Christmas tree. we SO loved watching and laughing hysterically at that silly movie!

thank you again for your kind thoughts and prayers. charlene xoxoxo
default_smile.png

Charlene - you and your family continue to be in our prayers. Big Hugs to you. I'm sure you will have the most beautiful service for Gary and he will be looking down so proud. The physical Gary may be gone, but the spiritual Gary will live on in your heart forever.

Please know that we are all out here still holding you close during this most difficult time.

Bless you.

Charlene, you and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Even during the night, I wake up thinking of you.

We're all here for you during this very sad and busy time, but I have no doubt we'll all still be here for you when other people's lives get back to normal. You've touched us, your Forum family, in a way no one else has, and we'll continue to offer our support for as long as you'll need it.

Charlene, Praise GOD for Gary's passing, know that he is at peace now and watching over you. Peace and comfort to you dear Forum Friend as you go through the next days, weeks, and time without your soul mate. You have given us all inspiration and insight into the love you and Gary shared. Prayers and peace coming your way.

Friday evening I was feeling uneasy and thinking of the days events and of you and Gary. I stepped out the door and stood on the porch looking into the heavens over the pasture and just gave a big sigh and talked with GOD for a few moments asking him to continue to watch over you. As I looked up a shooting star went across the early evening sky so bright with a beautiful tail streaming behind and such peace came over me. I do believe that bright shooting star was your beloved Gary on his way to his heavenly home.

Here is a little poem for you

To Those I Love And Those Who Loved Me

When I am gone, release me let me go...

I have so many things to see and do.

You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears;

Be happy that we had these precious years.

I gave to you my love, you can only guess

How much you have gave to me in happiness.

I thank you for the love you each have shown,

But now its time I traveled alone.

So grieve a while for me if grieve you must,

Then let your grief be comforted by trust.

It's only for a while that we must part,

So bless the memories within your heart.

I won't be far away, for life goes on'

So if you need me, call me and I will come.

Though you can't see me or touch me, we'll be near

And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear,

All of my love around you soft and clear.

And then, when you must come this way alone,

I'll greet you with a smile and say "Welcome Home".

~Unknow~

Last edited by a moderator:
oh davie, what a BEAUTIFUL poem!!!

your shooting star just HAD to be my gary winging his way to heaven! the visual i get from your description...there are no words to describe it. it brings me such comfort, thank you for sharing that with me!

i am heading to the city for last minute things. i have run out of marshmallows and my horses are not a bit happy about that! thank you all again for your words of comfort, i wish you could know how truly blessed i feel having my forum family at my side. i will be thinking of you all tomorrow as i know you will be thinking of me.

xoxo charlene
default_smile.png

Charlene, my heart is breaking for you. Sending hugs and love from Finch Meadow Farm.

I'm sooo very sorry-saying prayers for you and your family, and sending big hugs.

Latest posts

Back