my husband is nearing the end of his long fight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=14pt]Charlene,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Again, I want to say that you are a woman of strength. I thought the sentiments of what you sent with Gary were perfect and very thoughtful.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Huge hugs and prayers are coming your way...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon
default_smile.png
[/SIZE]

Charlene, So sorry to hear of your loss. The love you and Gary shared was very special, it was an inspiration to all of us. Thank you for sharing this journey with us. May God Bless you and all the family.

<<<HUGS>>> Yvonne

FOR CHARLENE AND GARY

GARY'S DASH

I read of a woman who stood to speak

at the funeral of her husband,

she referred to the dates on the tombstone

from the beginning ...to the end

She noted that first came his date of birth

and spoke of that sate with tears

but she said what mattered most of all

was the dash between the years.

For that dash represents all the time

that he spent alive on this earth

And now only those who loved him

know what that little line is worth

For it matters not, how much we own,

the car, the house...the cash,

what matters is how we lived and loved

and how we spent our dash!

I didnt write this , someone else did but I read it at my mama's funeral..

Maxine[/b]

Just could not stop thinking of you Charlene
default_wub.png

I ask the Lord to bless you, as I pray for you today,

to guide you and protect you, as you go along your way.

God's love is always with you, God's promises are true.

And when you give God all your cares, you know God will see you through.

Charlene,

I am so very sorry for your loss of Gary. He is at peace now and free of physical pain. You are a woman of great strength and I admire your courage throughout this journey. Big Hugs to you and your family.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family during this time. God bless you- he has you know- it sounds like you and Gary shared a special love.

Angie

Charlene and family,

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I'm so very sorry for your loss, but we all know that now he's in the very presence of God without all the pain and suffering. You are such an inspiration to all of us and we love you. We're all here for you when you need to talk. We appreciate you sharing so much of your lives and love for each other with us. I think we've all learned something. Please let us know if we can help you in any way.

God bless,

Joan

Dear Charlene,

What you and Gary shared is the most beautiful love story.

I'm so sorry it had to end.

I have no words of wisdom to share with you except that I hope you can find peace as Gary has found his.

Much Love

Marty

Oh Charlene,,,

I am glad he is not longer uncomfortable. He is probably just as worried about you as you are him. Love cannot stop, just because our bodies can't keep up with it. You did all the right things. I am sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry Charlene, it sounds like you and your husband had a very special bond. I'm so sorry it had to end like this, bless you and your family in this time of sorrow.

This is a favorite of mine, was my great grandmothers favorite and I still have the copy I recieved as a very young girl at her memorial.

"Crossing the Bar"

Sunset and evening star

And one clear call for me!

And may there be no moaning of the bar,

When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,

Too full for sound and foam,

When that which drew from out the boundless deep

Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,

And after that the dark!

And may there be no sadness of farewell,

When I embark;

For though from out our bourne of Time and Place

The flood may bear me far,

I hope to see my Pilot face to face

When I have crossed the bar.

runamuk, that's beautiful! there are so many verses i have had sent to me, each of them is special. they all bring me comfort and make me cry, at the same time.

i spent my first night at home in just over 3 weeks last night. i avoided going to bed until after midnight. i kept walking by that big empty bed wondering what it would feel like not to have gary lying next to me. sleep did not come easy but eventually, i couldn't keep my eyes open. i woke at 4:30 a.m. with so much on my mind but my first thoughts were of gary and how much i miss him.

we have lots to do today, gary sis-in-law and i will get together and create a big picture board for his services. the DVD was delivered to me last night. cheri and i will view it today. i can't wait to see it, i am prepared with 3 boxes of kleenex on our coffee table. i know this will be painful but also uplifting.

while making final arrangements yesterday, the funeral director asked if i wanted to see gary before the coffin is closed. cheri, gary's sis-in-law has told me that his brothers do not want to view him. i can understand that. gary had lost so much weight and looked so sick and gaunt but i cannot remember when he looked any other way. i said yes, i want to be able to kiss him one more time and tell him how much i love him. i asked nana last night and she did not hesitate. she, too, wants to say her final goodbye to him. we will go at 8:30 tuesday morning and have our private time with him prior to services.

something very strange and powerful happened yesterday. our 2 corgis did not wander up to nana's house. not one single time yesterday or last night did they come up the lane to lay on her deck just outside the kitchen door. they have, every single night for 2 weeks, kept a vigil there. they just seem to know that gary is no longer here with us, physically. maggie, especially, is depressed. she was gary's dog, through and through. i have been so worried about her and how she will react to all of this. i do so hope she will bounce back. i would be so happy to see her play again.

coffee...i need coffee! xoxoxo charlene
default_smile.png

Charlene I'm sure that empty bed was a difficult thing to face but I'm glad to hear you're getting some "alone" time right now. Having people near when you're going through a tragedy is priceless but I find that my alone time is when I actually come to grips with reality. It's also the time when you no longer have to be strong for others and can do whatever it takes to get you through it. I'm sure Maggie knows what's happened and just needs her time to grieve too. Please take care of you now. There are more hard days ahead. My prayers continue for you and those who love him.

Charlene --

Your posts always bring tears but also so much admiration for your strength and your insight. Your dogs, I am sure they know. Dogs have the ability to "know" things without hearing the words.

Jill

Charlene,

I'm so sorry, you and the family are in my thoughts. The cemetery sounds beautiful.

When I read about the hersey bar I cried.

We put a Butterfinger bar in with my Dad, he always had one hidden from my mom so he could eat the whole thing and a picture my 5 year old (at that time) had drawn for his Pop-Pop.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Kathy

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlene,

It's so good to hear from you. All our hearts and prayers are with you. I can't imagine the pain you're going through. You and Gary are definitely joined at the heart. Thank God, you will be together again. Gary is no longer prisoner in a painful body. He's up there rejoicing and most likely telling folks in Heaven about his wonderful wife. You are an incredible lady and all of us have been touched by you.

It's amazing how animals just know what's going on. They, too, grieve over loss. Ms Bonnie Fogg is fantastic with animal communication if you need help. We are all so blessed by this dear lady.

Always remember that you have a forum family that loves you!
default_yes.gif

God bless,

Joan

You're never alone, he lingers near yet just to be sure you'll be ok. He'll go along and get busy in heaven soon and even then he'll leave that wee bit of his heart inside of yours so you'll never feel all alone until you walk into each others arms again.

I've been thinking of your fur-kids, too, Charlene, and worrying for them. You all have each other. Just take it one hour at a time.

Thinking of you.

Latest posts

Back