my husband is nearing the end of his long fight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Charlene

Though most of us are strangers here your story and that of Garys courageous battle have touched us all in ways we may not always tell you. It has made such a difference for so many of us as I have said before when it is my time to face this I would only hope I can do it with the grace and wisdom that you have shown through your posts. Gary's work is done now and he is finally getting the rewards he has earned in heaven. Your work is just beginning but this experience has given you the tools to be able to move on with Gary's memories in your heart and his watchful eye making sure you are doing it right.

My prayers are for you now to find the strength to travel this physical world until you meet again and what a wonderful reunion it will be when your work is also done. I too was one of those hoping for a miracle but it was not to be and for that I am sooo sorry.

You have made such a difference to all of us who have followed your story and Gary's story has also helped so many who are just starting on this journey. Peace be with you and for Gary may everything be level in heaven.

Nita

Charlene,

I think we all knew it was just a matter of time and when God was ready to take Gary home. I don't know if I am relived now that Gary is with God, or sad for the great loss!!

Now you and Nana are going to be busy arranging the endless (seems like) task of flowers, pictures and ALL that goes with burying a love one. I know my mind was so occupied with making sure I had done everything I needed to do for Joshua. Then, after it was all over, I could feel the sadness creep in. The shock became realility.

I just want you to know, that we all here for you, this is when I think you will need your forum family the most. I sure did.

I even felt some anger set in, everyone returned to "business as usual" and I felt abandoned. I know you have alot of folks here for you. But if you ever need to talk please don't hesitate.

We will be thinking of you and your family.

Lara and David

Charlene and family,

It is so very difficult to part with those we love under any circumstances.

For Gary, he is now free of his pain and can rest easy.

You and the family now need to start your journey without him.

You'll find ways to get through periods of time always hoping the coming times will be easier.

Somehow, we do manage to fill the void left by the one we loved so much.

Time does ease... but always there are those times when that isn't enough.

There seems to be so little that others can say or do at times like this.

Knowing that we care, hopefully, will make it somewhat easier.

default_sad.png
There's nothing more I can say, I have no wisdom, just my love and heartfelt condolences for you. I know this time in the next few days will be busy followed by the reality..I"m so so sorry for you both.

Just remember we are all still here and not going anywhere.

Maxine

Charlene, I am saddened to hear of this but glad to know he is free from pain. Thank you for including us in your journey, I can't say I know what it is like to be there going through it, but feel as though we have travelled this road with you these last weeks.

((hugs))

Charlene, I am so terribly sorry for your loss and deeply saddened to hear of Gary's passing. I have read your posts often and kept Gary, you and your family in my prayers. My heart breaks for you, I wish there was something that I could say to ease your pain at this time. God bless you and your family.

i am just at a loss for words, i can't find the words to express my deepest gratitude to all of you. this has been and will continue to be a journey i never wanted to take but, take it i must and i only wish you could all know how much your thoughts and prayers have meant to me. i find such comfort just coming here and reading.

there is lots of sadness, yes, but absolutely no regrets as to how gary and i lived our 11 years together.
default_smile.png

if things weren't level in heaven before gary got there, there are now!!!
default_wink.png

i will post the link to the funeral home and if anyone would like to leave a message, i will make sure all of gary's family sees every single one...

http://www.airsman-hires.com/coonrod/

i am finally alone with my thoughts and my grief for a little while. my son just left to go back to the city, he will return later this evening with his lovely girlfriend. nana is with family up at her house, i am home in the quiet, just me and the dogs for now. i feel like i need this time alone, i have been so overwhelmed the past few weeks.

i must say, gary's family was so very understanding last night, leaving me alone with him so i could say my goodbye in private. if i were to pick a perfect scenario for him to slip his earthly bonds, last night was it. i am so comforted to know he "left" me on his terms but i am also sure he wanted me to be there with him when God called him home. it was all perfect.

i am so tired today, i think i'll see if i can nap for a bit before i am called to the funeral home. thanks again to my forum family and i consider you all just that...FAMILY!!! charlene
default_smile.png

Charlene,

Bless your heart, please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and Nana right now.

Heaven has gotten another special Angel and I am so happy that Gary is at peace.

Charlene,

my deepest, deepest sympathies for you. Words just can't suffice. Please know we all think of you and are here when you need us. may Gary be in peace

Lisa B

Charlene,

I am heart broken with the news that Gary lost his battle. I agree, he left this world in the perfect way, with you by his side.

When my mother was in the hospital for the last time, the nurses said she would pass when she knew the time was right. She was never alone for 5 days, and the first time she was, she passed.

I pray that you find the strenghth to carry on, but please allow yourself time to grieve. Your forum family will be here for you, always. At a time like this, there is not much that people can actually do for you except to give you a shoulder to lean on. Please allow us to do that for you now, and in the coming months, probably when you will need it the most.

You have touched so many us in your journey, thank you for allowing us the privledge of being part of your family, and in your heart.

God Bless you in the path that now awaits you.

Kelly

PS. Gary will know when he meets my Italian family, they will be the ones shoving food at him all the time!!! So, he will be heavier in weight when you see him again.

Oh Charlene,

I am so very sorry!
default_sad.png
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

{{{HUGS}}}

i hope you all know just how much this all means to me. it's so hard to put it into words! i can't help but cry when i read responses to this thread but they are tears of relief and tears of thanks, if that makes any sense.

services will be on tuesday. from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., we will have visitation. immediately following visitation, we will proceed to the cemetery for graveside services.

picture in your mind our 20 acres out in the middle of nowhere. there is a winding, little traveled, country road that passes right by our place. just past our farm is a little tiny country church. the church is the only building in the little tiny village of bloomfield. bloomfield is so small, it has no zip code. turn right at the church and you go up a steep hill. at the top of the hill, to the right, is the little cemetery where gary will be laid to rest. this cemetery is so tiny, it survives on the donations of the families who have loved ones buried there. we just recently got a new sign at the entrance to replace the old rickety wooden one that never got painted. the new one is even lit at night and is lovely.

we will pass by our farm on our way to the cemetery. there are other, probably easier ways to get there but i want gary to be able to pass by his beloved farm one more time. he so loved this place and his love is apparent. everywhere i look, there are things he built, things he improved upon. so many times, i came home from work to a delighted "hey babe, can you see what i did today??" i would look around and most times, i could spot it right away. he always told me "i'm beautifying the company area!"

i have chosen gary's favorite pair of flannel lounge pants for him along with a matching shirt and his house slippers. that's what he lived in for the past almost-two years. i have a little stuffed pinto pony i will send with him. a couple of years ago, a friend sent me an adorable stuffed corgi. i will send the little guy with gary. he SO loved the lollipop kids and i think he would like something "corgi" to snuggle with as he always did with maggie and simon.

gary had been saving a gold dollar coin. i'm not sure why but it's been in a little tray on his dresser for years. i will put that in his pocket along with a few photographs of us together. last but not least (if you knew gary, you would see the understatement there!), i will include a hershey bar tucked beneath his hands. that man so loved his chocolate! along with the hershey bar, he will hold a single red rose, a testament to my deep love for him.

God, i miss him so much.

[SIZE=12pt]Charlene-[/SIZE]

You have me crying lots of tears for you and Gary. What a beautiful way you have with words - it is very apparent the great love you and Gary shared. The coming days will be difficult to say the least, but you will get through them. Wish I lived closer as I'd certainly be there to give you a big hug. His final resting place sounds really nice and I'm sure that last trip past your farm will mean a lot.

Stay strong and God Bless!!!!

Barbie

Oh Charlene, I am struggling to find the words to express my sorrow for all of you.

We are all her for you and we all care for you deeply.
default_wub.png

xox Leonie xox

Yep....tears are flowing here too...just spilled my coffee in my lap because my eyes were all misty :DOH!

That sounds just wonderful Charlene!!!

You will continue to be in my thoughts, and I will be thinking of you on Tuesday.....take care

~kathryn

Oh my, your tribute to him, your preparations for him are all so perfect...so personal...so full of love and life. When you meet again...oh what a wonderful time you will have dancing in heaven together.

Oh gosh Charlene, now I am in tears again, everything you say and do for Gary reflects all the love you two shared. I am so sure he is looking down and smiling upon you as his shining star on earth ...as he is your shining star when you look up to the heavens. (((hugs))) The cemetery you describe sounds so much like where both my parents are, just a tiny little county cemetery, but with beauty surrounding it everywhere. Corinne

Latest posts

Back