my husband is nearing the end of his long fight

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlene,

I will be thinking of you tomorrow as you face your journey. Please allow yourself to grieve, you don't always have to be strong. I know facing your deep inner feelings is scary, but allow yourself to do it. May God bless you and Gary's family. They and Gary are blessed to have you.

Love on the furry kids, they can bring you comfort.

Kelly

Sorry, I can not be there tomorrow for you, but thinking of you (((((((HUGS)))))))
default_cheekkiss.gif
default_pray.gif

i'm just popping in to say thank you again for all of your prayers, thoughts and good wishes. i'm as ready as i'll ever be for tomorrow. a few short years ago, i could never have imagined that i would be saying a final goodbye to the man who, for 11 years, has meant more to me than life itself. i can't help but think about lisa and what she is feeling right now as robert seems to be failing. there will be no miracles for my gary but i will continue to pray for one for robert.

to all of you who have left messages in gary's memory book, from the bottom of my heart, i thank you. each and every one has been wonderfully sweet. the funeral director has been e-mailing them all to me, i have printed each one out and will pass them all around tomorrow for gary's family to read. between my LB family and my family at the aquarium forum, there have been well over 50 messages.

my biggest regret is that you could not have known gary personally. never have i met a more caring, compassionate, lovable person. i was so blessed to be loved by him. i will treasure my memories till the day i join him in heaven.

xoxo charlene
default_smile.png

You have been so in my thoughts and prayers. Know we are all there for you.

Thank you again for sharing your story.

Charlene please try to get some rest tonight....tomorrow will be a long and difficult day. My thoughts will be with you all. ((((((HUGS))))))

Its taken me this long to find the right words, and they still have not come to me.

I am so sorry for your loss and my thoughts will continue to be with you.

I am sure Gary will be missed
default_no.gif

{{{LOVE}}}

Thinking of you and your day tomorrow before I head off to bed for the night. You will be in my prayers.

God Bless.

Charlene I am so sorry for your loss.

God needed a special Angel and he knew Gary was that one.

my biggest regret is that you could not have known gary personally. never have i met a more caring, compassionate, lovable person.
Charlene -

We didn't need to see him physically to know what kind of person Gary was. From many, many miles away I could tell that he was a genuine person who loved life, loved his family, loved you and was happy with just those things in life - the rest was frosting on his cake.

I've never met you personally, but thank you for taking me along on this journey with you - it's amazing how precious life is when you realize how quickly it can change. You have inspired many people and are probably one of the strongest woman I have ever had the privelege of hearing.

My thoughts and prayers with you as you continue this "different" chapter in your life. Please know that ANY of us are no more than a midnight posting away (yes, some of us do post at 253 in the morning....lol).

Adam

[SIZE=12pt]Charlene-[/SIZE]

Just wanted you to know I'll be thinking about you today as Gary takes his final trip past your farm. I know it is going to be a difficult day for you, Nana and the rest of the family and friends. Take care - it will be hard, but try to remember the good times. It sure seems like you and Gary had a lot of those.

Barbie

[SIZE=12pt]Charlene-[/SIZE]

Just wanted you to know I'll be thinking about you today as Gary takes his final trip past your farm. I know it is going to be a difficult day for you, Nana and the rest of the family and friends. Take care - it will be hard, but try to remember the good times. It sure seems like you and Gary had a lot of those.

Barbie
oh barbie, we had 11 years of good times! i'm not even sure "good" describes my life with gary. it was more like GREAT. we never so much as looked cross eyed at each other and in all that time, there was not a single argument or a hurt feeling. i know i have to be content with only my memories now and i wonder if i will ever be able to come to grips with this loss.

i drove up to the cemetery last night and shined my headlights at gary's final resting spot. his brothers chose a place on the hillside and he will be nestled among the pine trees and not far from the pasture where cows peacefully graze. there are a couple of bluebird nest boxes not far from gary's spot. they need some work and i will busy myself next spring getting them ready for nesting season. gary will love having his beloved bluebirds near!

I know exactly the kind of cemetery you're talking about. When I was in grade school I used to walk past one exactly like it (except for the bluebird boxes). It was also on a country hillside with cattle grazing near by and a lovely view. I remember walking through it often, paying my respects and enjoying the peace and tranquility. I always thought that when my time came that's where I wanted my final resting place to be.

My thoughts are with you this morning and will be throughout the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlene, I woke up this morning thinking about you, Nana, and Garys family. I know this is going to be a very hard day for all of you, but please remember Gary is watching down on you and will help all of you through it. (((HUGS))) my friend, and take care. Corinne

Charlene, you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, today especially. I'm sure you'll feel all of us holding you up in prayer and offering whatever strength and support we can.

Like Davie, I do believe that shooting star was Gary on his way Home. My mother passed away six years ago on Nov. 3, and two days later her body was cremated. Later that evening, there was a display of the Northern Lights here in southern Ontario unlike anything that had been seen in many years this far south. My brother phoned me to tell me to go outside and look, and we shared several minutes in total awe of God's wonderful work, and truly believing that our Mom (ever the drama queen
default_wub.png
) was okay in her new Home.

Bless your heart, Charlene.

Back