Let's see your 2008 purchases!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DRK, WOW!!!!! I want that in miniature ;)
I agree, well if I keep him a stallion and start breeding DOWN I should have a sample mini by the year 2525....
default_new_shocked.gif

DRK, wow, I'm not much of a spots fan but that colt has a beautiful pattern! Solid boy too, looks like he will be great to ride all day
default_smile.png
I love the marking on his front legs, I see them on another foal in those pics too - what are those called? Are they an appy trait?

h2t99- Harry is a 3 year old this year

I would love to see a picture of his dam, I've never seen her!

DRK, wow, I'm not much of a spots fan but that colt has a beautiful pattern! Solid boy too, looks like he will be great to ride all day
default_smile.png
I love the marking on his front legs, I see them on another foal in those pics too - what are those called? Are they an appy trait?
They call them lightning marks on Few Spots but I'm not actually sure if that is what they refer them to on a leopard. This farm breeds Beautiful Appaloosas. http://ctranchappaloosas.com/

Diane

Heavy Drool is running down my chin !!

Everyones purchase or home breds are just Stunning!!

I just WISH I had bought ANY in 2008- 2007 was my year as I bought 2 horses.

I am so dreaming of getting some more mini babies! My friend has a few mares almost ready to foal, so my plan is to take my husband and hopefully he will fall in LOVE!! He is such an animal lover, he does love our 2 horses and 1 dog. If I can just get aliitle one near him I think he will fall helplessly in love!!

He has told me when my Biggee Suman is gone then I can get another mini, but Suman is 15, so God willing has lots of life left.. I want another mini now!!

I have so much love to give and so does he- so send good thoughts my way...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Missy
default_yes.gif
Maybe you'll get a baby for Christmas??

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't going to post mine, just because the photos I have aren't too polished, but I guess that's okay--I'll post them after all.

Our first purchase of the year was also our first ASPC pony, Fox's Sweet Jewell, a 2 year old granddaughter of both Michigan's Hart Breaker and Captain's Showman:

Jewell_1sm.JPG

Then there are two new Mini boys, who just arrived here a week ago Friday

JEM Wind Spirit (name pending--if Wind Spirit doesn't work then he will be JEM Bold Spirit), to be known as Spirit:

IMG_1783.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

and JEM Sudden Temptation (aka Tempo)

IMG_1946.JPG

Both are sons of Lucky Hart's Be Bob N Baby, HOF and National Champion Pleasure Driving Stallion who is himself sired by BOB. Both colts are Buckeroo/Rowdy bred on their dams' side as well. We're now looking forward to spring when we can see them clipped out and growed up a little!
default_laugh.png

And, there might be one (or possibly two) more to come a little later this fall...we haven't decided for sure yet.
default_wink.png

Well, I had one purchase this year, my very first mini. We just love him and are having so much fun with him.
Goodone-1.jpg

nicelegs-1.jpg

HJM- You can see his dam on my website

www.dry-creek-ranch.com

I saw your boy as a yearling. When we went to Applewood to buy several mares!! Is your boy going to stay black??

What a fun thread and boy - BEAUTIFUL HORSES!
default_smile.png
:)

We bought several horses this year.

The first three I am going to list are horses that I have owned previously and have been blessed to bring back to the farm.

Bear Branch Painted Red Snow

DSCN1305.JPG

Scott Creek Whirlwind

DSCN1552.JPG

Magic Mans All Izon Me

izon2adult.JPG

And these are the horses that were also purchased in the year 2008

Scott Creek Black Satin

Black-Satin.JPG

LMAS Katies A Keeper

Katies-A-Keeper.JPG

Oakcrest OT Desert Rose

DSCN3153.JPG

Although we purchased this colt at the end of 07 - he didn't get to the farm until January 08 so thought we'd share him also.

Redrock Flash Point

DSCN3274.JPG

We have also fostered three horses for CMHR this year!

HJM- You can see his dam on my website www.dry-creek-ranch.com

I saw your boy as a yearling. When we went to Applewood to buy several mares!! Is your boy going to stay black??
She is pretty!

I don't have any experience with horses going grey, but he is progressively getting more and more white hairs scattered all over his body but when clipped he still looks pretty black. I honestly don't know what's going to happen with him!

Wow, Holly, that pony is pretty loudly marked for you, isn't he?
default_laugh.png

I see many horses that would be welcome at my farm, that's for sure!

I purchased two this year.

WeeOkies Cool Dudes Parisienne, a blue eyed palomino pinto mare that can MOVE!!!! OMG I want to drive her and show her in Liberty sooooooo much... Here's Pari:

PariHeadJuly08websmall.jpg

Reflections Star Time, a homozygous black filly that is also a nice mover. Timer is our second daughter of Star Skipper--I just love that stallion and what he produces. Timer will be in training with Reflections for next year, then she'll take a year off and then I'll probably show her as a three year old in driving.

7-08Startime.jpg

Yes, Stephanie, Jewell does kind of stand out in our herd--our one and only pinto, and such a loud one. We figured if we were going to finally have a pinto, we may as well do it up right!
default_laugh.png

Sadly this summer she had problems with sunburn on her face--a problem we never considered because it's not a problem we've ever had before.
default_unsure.png
But, a fly mask fixed that.

Your two new ones look lovely--Pari looks very pretty...will look forward to seeing harness photos of her! How old is she?

Holly, Pari is 32.5" and 4 years old. Thanks for the compliments!

LOL about Jewell. Not all pintos do that, I promise!

I made 3 purchases this year. A mare I've been eyeing for over a year and my first shetland and my first appy.
default_wub.png

STC's Debutante, 37" AMHR silver bay dapple mare. She'll be my main B show horse next year.

Mayshow.jpg

Summer's Chasin Rainbows, 34" AMHA/AMHR appaloosa gelding. He's my main A show horse with tons of wins under his belt this year.

chase016.jpg

NJ's Fudge Swirl, 46" ASPC gelding. What fun he is!!!!
default_laugh.png

RJ001.jpg

Oh my gosh! There are some REALLY nice horses being purchased by forum members!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I purchased 3 horses this year (I think that's all!
default_laugh.png
) with possibly one or two more in the works before the year is out.

Of course my main acquisition was Spirit.
default_wub.png
Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow, DNA tested perlino homozygous for black and agouti. He was one of Seahorse Farm's main men and I still can't believe he's now living here in MO in our barn!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Somebody pinch me!

spirittrot5.jpg

spiritleftside5.jpg

And then there was Butter. Shoo Fly Acres Buttercup, 33" palomino mare bred by Lowell Boone. She's a granddaughter of Gold Melody Boy II. She's taller than we normally prefer, but when the horse looks like this, who cares how tall it is?
default_wub.png
This pic is of her at age 16 and pregnant.
default_new_shocked.gif

buttercupleftside2.jpg

And we also purchased Junior. Star Ridge Acres Bout Buck N Time is an 08 colt that was initially purchased to be a future stallion prospect, but with Spirit here now I'm sure everyone would understand my decision to now make Junior my show gelding for next year. Junior's not feeling to well these days, but hopefully it will turn around and he will be out with me next year.

juniorfront2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back