Let's see your 2008 purchases!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
I know several of us added a few new additions to our herds...

We made three purchases this year

First was Carriage Hills Copper, a silver bay roan AMHA/AMHR mare, sired by Little Kings Cisco Supreme (son of Komokos Little King Supreme and out of a daughter of Fishers Master Mickey) and is out of Little Kings Miss Mouse

103_3300.jpg

At the same time I also purchased the above mare's current year AMHA/AMHR colt, sired by Little Kings Buckeroo Merlin, black son of Boones Little Buckeroo.. He's now registered as LCA's More Bang For Your Buck
default_biggrin.png

Royal1.png

And our most recent of course is our new herd sire, Oak Parks Oh Im Awesome, AMHA/AMHR stallion, sired by YP Branch Destinys Doctrine (sired by Alvadar's Double Destiny!) and out of Reh's Oh Oh (Bond Rollback daughter)

skydoc.png

DOCcollage.gif

Caldwells Fashion Paige From 'From The Heart Farm" In foal to ASPC Stallion Grahams Little Joe;

00MFP.jpg

00Fahsioon.jpg

FashionTwo.jpg

She Foaled Our "Fashions Exquisite n Exotic Chanel" In April; Now Owned By Janice Zijlstra Still at same Farm
default_smile.png
Love her! ;

prettygirl.jpg

Chanel4mo2.jpg

Neat post! Everyone's new horses are beautiful!
default_wub.png

We've added 4 new horses this year.

Wauk-A-Way Kansas Twister (Twister), a black visual frame overo ASPC/AMHR gelding. He is my over show gelding.

DSCN1149-2.jpg

Country Star Buddy Jewel (Buddy), a black visual frame overo ASPC/AMHR stallion. He is my new herd sire and over show stallion. Buddy is a son of the above gelding, Twister.

DSC_0011-2.jpg

SCF Diddley Squat (Lilly), a black tovero ASPC/AMHR filly with blue eyes. She will be one of my jr show mares. If she ends up testing negative for LWO, she will also be one of Buddy's future mares.

DSC_0172-2.jpg

SHF Uno's Golden Phoenix (Phoenix), a palomino AMHR filly. She is 50% Arenosa. Phoenix will be one of my jr show mares as well. She will also be one of Buddy's future mares.

DSC_0335-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This year I bought Country Lanes Foxs Freedom Fighter!!! My new herd sire!! Gah I just love this boy, and to add to it we (well he) took grand champion stallion at his first show!! Cant wait to drive him next year!!
default_wub.png

33.5" AMHA/AMHR Pinto Stallion

a Tibbs Silver Fox son

fighterpro1.jpg

fightershow4.jpg

fighterpro4.jpg

fighterpro3.jpg

As A Foal

Picture014.jpg

May be making one more buy before the end of the year ;), after all Fighter will need a girlfriend.
default_laugh.png
default_rolleyes.gif

I brought 5 home this year.

The first girl was actually born here. Last Chance Lil Jubilee 4 Me was sold as a yearling, and when the buyer was selling out, I bought her back, along with her daughter Evangeline. Jubilee is a 6 year old silver bay (homozygous) pinto mare.

jubilee2.jpg

Evangeline was a silver buckskin (homozygous) pinto yearling. I sold Evangeline shortly after getting her home here.

evangeline.jpg

Next, I bought a BTU son, I Am BT Waterford Too. The owner contacted me to see if I might be interested as she was deperate to sell for personal reasons, so I said yes.

wf1.jpg

Not long after I made that purchase, another BTU son came up for sale....one that was smaller, and one that I liked much more, so I bought him. MLF Buckeroos Cerulean Supreme is the one I'll be keeping as my breeding stallion instead of Waterford.
default_wub.png

rockymain.jpg

Finally, even though I actually paid the money out last year, this summer I picked up my replacement filly, Triple K Destinys Golden Essence, a palomino weanling filly.

essence2.jpg

Well, added more this year than I have in a long time and THEY ARE ALL BOYS!!!!

Sam,,,,,,,son of Tiny Tymes For Sure Man, 30 inch yearling, and has been gelded! He is already a Star in our town, doing promotions at several different locations. He does awesome and I just grin when I hear customers, the public talking,,,,,,,,there's a horse in the store.

sam2.jpg

Phantom,,,,,,,weanling, also a gelding,,,,,,,,did I mention I like my geldings???
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
Was shown at Nationals and came away with a Reserve placing. This little guy has just about the coolest attitude, he is Fonzie in a horse body.
default_wink.png
And by far is the smartest little colt you will ever meet.

phantom3.jpg

Both of the above came from Getitias at Buckeye WCF in Ohio and I will never be able to thank her enough for allowing me to bring these two home. They make me smile each and every day,,,,,,not so bad to look at either.

Zipit is a kick butt little stallion and he will tell you he is. Yet when no girls are looking, all he wants is to be loved on. He has become the sweetest guy and has claimed Phantom as his best buddy. Hope to breed him to a few girls beginning of 09.

Cyndi has entrusted me with this special guy and just can't say thank you enough.

zipit2.jpg

Thanks for allowing me to share my new guys,,,,,maybe next year it will be girls.

We had 3 new, very exciting for us, additions this year. First is our new herdsire: Marystowns Explosive Echo who is sired by Buck Echo and out of a Boone's Little Andy daughter.
echo07.jpg

100_5513.jpg
default_wub.png

We also added the sweetest, most wonderful mare: Huffman's Lite my Fire, sired by Little Kings Santana Supreme and also out of a Boones Little Andy daughter.
100_5157.jpg
She is pictured here with her 08 colt Toys Sensational Iceman, our 3rd addition. Iceman is sired by Stiehls Sensational Alladdin.

We couldn't be happier!!!

Neat post! Everyone's new horses are beautiful!
default_wub.png

We've added 4 new horses this year.

Wauk-A-Way Kansas Twister (Twister), a black visual frame overo ASPC/AMHR gelding. He is my over show gelding.

DSCN1149-2.jpg

Country Star Buddy Jewel (Buddy), a black visual frame overo ASPC/AMHR stallion. He is my new herd sire and over show stallion. Buddy is a son of the above gelding, Twister.

DSC_0011-2.jpg

SCF Diddley Squat (Lilly), a black tovero ASPC/AMHR filly with blue eyes. She will be one of my jr show mares. If she ends up testing negative for LWO, she will also be one of Buddy's future mares.

DSC_0172-2.jpg

SHF Uno's Golden Phoenix (Phoenix), a palomino AMHR filly. She is 50% Arenosa. Phoenix will be one of my jr show mares as well. She will also be one of Buddy's future mares.

DSC_0335-2.jpg

Would love to know about your "Phoenix's" pedigree..........

You have some beauties!!!!

Ma---

We had 4 new additions this year:

Erica's Big City Live Wire: 2007 AMHA/AMHR Silver Bay Gelding - a Big City son out of Mountain Meadows Dancing in Diamonds. We sat on him this year to let him grow up a little, he will be our Junior under gelding in 2009!

We don't have any recent pictures of him, here are some pics of him as a weanling courtesy of Erica:

IMAG015.JPG

IMAG004.JPG

TYF Grey Cloud Out Loud (aka Westwind Farms Grey Cloud Out Loud) AMHA/AMHR 2003 Dapple Grey Gelding sired by Fallen Ash Farms Scout Out Loud and out of Graceland's Lil Payday. Cloudy is an AMHA World Champion Halter horse and received Grand Champion Sr. Gelding at his very first AMHR show, exactly one week after he joined us.

Our under Sr. Gelding for 2009.

IMAG006.JPG

IMAG003.JPG

IMAG004.JPG

J&S Estates Super Sonic - ASPC/AMHR Colt out of D&S Pocket Watch and Michigan's Cookie Chip.

He is our future herd sire! Gizmo will never see 34" and we plan to hardship him into AMHA in 2012.

We are pretty excited about this little guy! On our show string for 2009.

IMAG014.JPG

IMAG004.JPG

IMAG006.JPG

And last but CERTAINLY not least,

Lil Darlings Ciscos Balls To Wall - 2002 AMHR Black Gelding sired by Lil Darlings Cisco Kid HOF.

Wally was 2X National Grand Champion Pleasure Driving 30 & Under. Jeanne McClanahan

was so kind as to allow us to purchase him for our 7 year old son. Wally is the perfect first driving

horse for Tyler - (and me too!), giving Ty the confidence to drive all by himself. He is just the coolest little guy!

Tyler will be driving Wally again in 2009.

IMAG014.JPG

Shelley

Congrats on all your new ones! Nice!!

I'm SO CLOSE! I have not bought a new mini this year, for the first time in 15 years! I have bought one or more every year. Can I finish out the year without buying one? Oooohhh!!!! Wish me luck! My will power is weak!

WOW everyone has such BEAUTIFUL new horses!

Candice - I especially love that mare you got. I have a super soft spot for buckskin pintos.
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
And even more so for... is that I see... a blue eye!?! Absolutely love her.

Speaking of my blue eye obsession, this is my new 2008 addition: CCMF Frankie Blue Eyes.

He's my new blue eyed pintaloosa stallion. He's a son of LTD's Color Broker (full brother to Magic Man) and out of a buckskin appaloosa mare. He's got the most amazing personality I've ever seen in a horse. Next year we'll start breeding him to my mares for some colorful lookin foals!

FreedomPretty003editWEB.jpg

FreedomPretty014smallWEB.jpg

Freeeeebath-jump037crop.jpg

FreedomNekkid012crop.jpg

Wow! GORGEOUS horses everyone! But Devon, I must say Fashion is my absolute favorite.
default_wub.png

Frankie- Your Phantom is adorable and has the nicest color.

And Freedom's coloring is just awesome too!

QUICK! Somebody buy some of mine so that I can buy one this year!!!!

I got 2 new horses in 2008
default_smile.png

In June, I got Fantasy Corrals Secret Treasure from Jill(Whinny 4 Me Farm). She's Buckeroo and Egytian King bred. She came here with the intention of being my Over driving horse in 2009, since I retired my current Over driving horse after this show season. She's quite smart and picking up on things easily and will be ready to hook very soon
default_smile.png

rightgood-254x195.jpg

treasure.jpg

My other 2008 purchase was in late August. I had an open stall(which is a crime
default_rolleyes.gif
) and decided that I had enough mares to show, but wanted either an Under gelding or stallion. I came across this guy and knew he'd fit in perfect. His name is Owsley Fork Secret Rendezvous. Whether or not he shows as a yearling gelding or colt next year is in his hands right now
default_wink.png

newbaby.jpg

My stalls are full and thats it for me for awhile!

~Jen~

I have actually only two horses I purchased in 2008. BUT, I have quite a few that came home for the first time in 2008, and some foals from 2008 that I kept to love on and to show next year. These are the new faces around here this year.

[SIZE=12pt]Ericas Echos of My Destiny (HOF), a/k/a “Destiny”[/SIZE]2004 32” AMHR / AMHA smoky silver black stallion – co-owned with Erica Killion

National Champion (ammy halter) / Reserve National Grand Champion (driving) / Halter Hall of Fame /

Grandson of both Alvadars Double Destiny and Little Kings Buck Echo

(comes home in about 2 weeks for a year, then will go back to Erica for a year, etc. -- Erica and I have co-owned him since 2005)

Destiny%201.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Cross Countrys Brass Monkey, a/k/a “Monkey"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated

Blaze Faced, Blue Eyed, Buckskin Show Colt -- Expected To Mature @ 31”

Sired By Cross Country Rowdys Reflection, Sire of National Grand Champions

Reflection is a Son of Lazy “N” Redboy and Grandson of Rowdy

(comes home in about 2 weeks)

monkey2%20092208.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's Passionately Dun, a/k/a "Passion"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Grey-Grulla Filly -- Expected To Mature @ 31”

By Erica's Gone and DunIT (AMHR Nat'l Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll / Multi Champion) and Out of Edgewood Skip To My Lou (Halter Champion)

Bloodlines include: Buckeroo, BTU, Yellow Diamond Little Feather, and Egyptian King

(one of our 2008 fillies -- a keeper)

Passion%201.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Wee Equine Acres Dun Sweet, a/k/a “Maddie”[/SIZE]

2003 33.5" AMHA / AMHR Silver Buckskin Mare w/ Dun Factor

Bred to DunIT (National Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll) for a 2009 Foal

(comes to me from "normajeanbaker" above)

Maddie%201.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me’s Big City Cover Girl, a/k/a "Cover Girl"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Buckskin Filly – Expected To Mature @ 31”

By Little Kings Big City Buck (Sire of National Champions, Son of Buckeroo)

Out of Erica’s Double Dipped (a sibling to many National Champions and Sired by Little Kings B T Buck Bandito, Son of BTU)

(another 2008 keeper filly)

Cover%20Girl%201.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Ericas Double Dipped, a/k/a “Double”[/SIZE]

2004 32” AMHA / AMHR Perlino Pinto Mare – Bandito Daughter / BTU Granddaughter - Sibling to Many National Champions

In foal for April 2009 to Erica's Echos of My Destiny (Halter HOF / National Champion -- Grandson of both Double Destiny and Buck Echo)

(bought some time ago, stayed with Erica to foal out Cover Girl and be bred to Destiny before coming home this past summer)

Double%201.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Ericas Sweet as Sugar, a/k/a “Sweetie”[/SIZE]

2004 30.5” AMHA / AMHR Perlino Pinto Mare – Bandito Daughter / BTU Granddaughter - Sibling to Many National Champions

In foal for February 2009 to Erica's Echos of My Destiny (Halter HOF / National Champion -- Grandson of both Double Destiny and Buck Echo)

(bought last year, but stayed at Erica's to be bred to Destiny before coming home this past summer)

Sweetie%202.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's Dun Buckin Around, a/k/a "Ducky"[/SIZE]

2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Show Colt – Greying or Black Sabino Roan -- Expected To Mature @ 33”

By Erica's Gone and DunIT (AMHR Nat'l Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll / Multi Champion), out of Harrells Rowdys Reflection of Hope (Halter Gr Champion)

Bloodlines include: Buckeroo, Rowdy, BTU, Yellow Diamond Little Feather, and Egyptian King

(2008 keeper colt, to be show gelding!)

Ducky%201.jpg

Wauk A Way Feature Attraction ASPC Foundation Black Frame Overo (new pics soon i hope)

feature-359x261.jpg

WAWFeatureAttrationTrot.jpg

And his daughter Wauk A Way Tiny Dancer ASPC mare bred to Grahams Little King Lee

Black frame overo

tinydancer08-426x396.jpg

We purchased 2 mares this past spring.

DSB Calamati Jane (Cami) who is in foal to Rolling Ridge Rum Runner (Fred). She is my mare as will be her foal. I cannot wait for her and Fred's baby next year!

RSCN0203-1.jpg

Owsley Fork Sundancer (Belle) is Makayla's pride and joy. This is her very special forever horse.

Belletrotting1.jpg

Sue

My purchases were of a little differant type this year, things are tough economically in Michigan and it is showing!

S4300133.jpg

S4300131.jpg

Just two of 7 I have purchased from desperate people who have lost jobs/homes this year.

Gee, where do I start?

Little Kings B T Buck Bandito -

dito.jpg

Martins Sky Captain's Part "E" Girl

P1.jpg

Cross Country Wild Heart

pintomarefilly3.jpg

Wall Street Rock "E" Livingston

bayconglb.jpg

Seahorse Spirits Gift Of Love

loves.jpg

Buckeye WCF Classical Imagination.

Image2.jpg

Wall Street Illusions Jazz Singer

jazznice0523.jpg

Erica's Caramel Macchiato - going overseas

carasm.jpg

JMS Irish Hills Big City Promises

miley.jpg

her dam, Cross Country Penny Lane

pennymidland5a.jpg

Modern Hershey's Karamello
default_wub.png

Image1-3.jpg

Martins Mardi Gras Sunset

3yr.jpg

Hum.........now that I think about it I have way more then I thought!

We got our two big horses this year.......

Soxy and Lokey.

This is LOkey

lokey.jpg

And Soxy

Soxy.jpg

Then I have 3 others that I dont have pics of.

I have a mini mare that I got, who happens to be Treasures grandma. I also have a mini mare on lease to buy if I wish. And a pony gelding that was given to me.

Latest posts

Back