Let's see your 2008 purchases!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been a good girl this year!!! I have been selling and am down to one broodmare, I am gelding my stud, So I think I need to start rebuilding!!
default_smile.png
I still have one yearling I would like to sell but its not a priority!! I did rescue a jenny and her baby jack. So I think maybe the end of the year may be my time!! (I hope)
default_wink.png
default_wink.png

Congrats to everyone - lots of very nice horses but I have to admit - DRAT this thread - this is not helping my 'buy bug' that I currently have.... its a very very tough 'illness' to overcome ya know!!!

I am trying to sell but I keep wanting to buy others in the process
default_wacko.png

Who knows maybe I'll be posting on here before the end of 08 - he he
default_whistling.gif
one of the perks of having no one to answer to but myself can also be a down fall of sorts...

Congrats again on everyones new children!

OMG! I love this horse! Nice purchase. Actually I like lots of your horses!
Thank you Leonie! Dusty's color makes her hard to photograph well; I bet you'd like her even better in person (I know I do). And as you know, I think your two are pretty special too.

Here is mine! He isn't a mini, but he isn't much taller than my 38" gelding. He is a Welsh Mountain Pony, about 40" and when he came home I thought he was the biggest mistake I ever made HAHA NOW he is one of the sweetest easy going boys there is, catches easily, lets children ride him bareback, and loooooves to snuggle! His only really downfall right now is that although he was bought as a pasture buddy for my little gelding, they aren't overly friendly to each other. The share their space and don't really fight or bully each other, but Billie would prefer to walk away when Hero approaches. *sigh* Maybe over the winter they will snuggle together for warmth and get down to being friends.

Here is "Comic Book Hero" Aka Hero

(he is the first I've bought in over 12 years, and there isn't likely to be another for another 5 or 10 years, so I have a few pics to share haha) I don't have any recent pictures to share, he lost a TON of weight after his Cryptorchid surgery and is just starting to fill in now- He paced all summer and wouldn't gain no matter how much we fed him, but now that fall is here his hormones have calmed down... I think he will be a whole new guy next spring!

lb11-1.jpg

lb13.jpg

lb9.jpg

handsomedude.jpg

We got 2 new horses this year

Art got a Show / Trail Driving gelding

"GG's Little Prince Zippo"

Zippo has his AMHR hall of fame in Halter and alot of driving Championships

zippo2.jpg

Zippo77-1.jpg

artsmallemail.jpg

and we bought a new mare in foal at the Reece sale

"Iona Farm’s Miss Beehavin' "

2005 -30" daughter of Sami’s JuJu Bee Banana (son of Shadow Oaks Top Banana)and FAF Silk Stockings. She has Orion, Bond Dynamo, Blue Boy and Top Banana in her pedigree.

She is in foal to a cremello stallion, "Samis Lil Moon Man" a World Top ten winner and producer.

missbeehavin.jpg

My new gelding who I absolutely adore, AWF Aristocrats Inheritance.
default_wub.png

This was his first year showing and he received a top 5 Futurity win in halter at nationals.

Can't wait to see how he does next year.

harry040.jpg

harry065.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well here is my one and only for the year.

[SIZE=18pt]Foxfire's Sunfire[/SIZE]

horse031.jpg

horse028.jpg

Alisha

Fancy Lace Trim - Emerald Glenn Farm ~

CoCoRIGHTWEB9-18-08036.jpg

ASPC filly that should remain small enough to hardship AMHR in 2009. She has Bar G Rock "E" that is HOF in her pedigree

Michigan's Sox Appeal ~

MichigansSoxAppeal08.png

ASPC 2008 Futurity Modern Shetland colt that his sire Michigan's Wildhorse is HOF as well as Michigan's Hart Breaker, Bar G Rock "O", and Bar G Rosa "D"

Snowberry Farm's Jet Set ~

2008OhioWorldShow088.jpg

2007 ASPC/AMHR yearling colt in the AMHR Futurity, that his sire is "Michigan's Sharp as a Tack" multiple HOF's that is owned by Jim & Becky McKeith and has other HOF's in his pedigree including Michigan's Silver Penny and Michigan's Instant Replay

Michigan's Bonnie McBride ~

Bonnieweb.jpg

ASPC/AMHR mare that has HOF's including Michigan's Instant Replay, Michigan's Midget Mike, Michigan's Silver Momma

McCarthy's Silver Dawn ~

silverdawn5.jpg

2008 AMHR Futurity filly that is 3/4 shetland, sire is Michigan's Silver Desperado that is in the HOF along with Michigan's T.V. Image, Michigan's Midget Mike, Michigan's Perky Penny, Michigan's Silver Momma, Michigan's Little April

Michigan's Walmart to Tiffani ~

Michigans_Walmart_to_Tiffani_39.jpg

2008 ASPC Futurity colt that will stay small enough to hardship AMHR. His sire is Michigan's Man of Steel that is HOF and Michigan's One to Remember

Buckeye WCF Paposa Black Magic ~

maggies07filly01_smallWEB.jpg

ASPC/AMHR 2007 Filly that is in the AMHR Futurity and has many HOF's as well in her pedigree being Michigan's Mother Margaret, Michigan's Silver Penny

Kickapoo's Apache Primadonna ~

primadonnasales3.jpg

2008 AMHA/AMHR filly that sire is Kickapoo's Apache Moon, and LTD's Moonstruck, 4G's Little Kings Alfalfa Pleasure in her pedigree

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is mine! He isn't a mini, but he isn't much taller than my 38" gelding. He is a Welsh Mountain Pony, about 40" and when he came home I thought he was the biggest mistake I ever made HAHA NOW he is one of the sweetest easy going boys there is, catches easily, lets children ride him bareback, and loooooves to snuggle! His only really downfall right now is that although he was bought as a pasture buddy for my little gelding, they aren't overly friendly to each other. The share their space and don't really fight or bully each other, but Billie would prefer to walk away when Hero approaches. *sigh* Maybe over the winter they will snuggle together for warmth and get down to being friends.
Here is "Comic Book Hero" Aka Hero

(he is the first I've bought in over 12 years, and there isn't likely to be another for another 5 or 10 years, so I have a few pics to share haha) I don't have any recent pictures to share, he lost a TON of weight after his Cryptorchid surgery and is just starting to fill in now- He paced all summer and wouldn't gain no matter how much we fed him, but now that fall is here his hormones have calmed down... I think he will be a whole new guy next spring!

lb11-1.jpg

lb13.jpg

lb9.jpg

handsomedude.jpg

default_new_shocked.gif
Wow! I love him! Welsh ponies are my absolute favourite ponies. If you ever think of selling him...Think of me please
default_saludando.gif

Sheryl, I hope you don't mind me re-posting this picture! I wanted to share my 2008 purchase, but wanted to use a picture that did justice to my beautiful boy! Here is Irish Hills Toys in the Attic who came to live with us in Ohio after a very successful trip to Nationals!

toynatlb.jpg

Coming in pretty late to this thread LOL I love seeing everyone's new additions, keep 'em coming!

We added several this year but our luck has not been so good, hoping next year is a better year for us
default_sad.png

MeMeNatlsproof.jpg

Erica's Big City No Denying Me, a Buckeroo and Nighthawk granddaughter. I just LOVE this girl, she is so refined and dainty and a complete sweetie. MeMe made the cuts and came in 11th out of over 50 fillies at Nationals! Thanks Erica!

Rubi_headneck_7_22_08.jpg

Hunterberry Hill Showys Gold N Rubies

Jedi_trot2_8_17_08.jpg

Seahorse Buckeroo Spirits Attitude

Jedi has been lame on and off since we got him and x-rays showed a growth plate injury and tibial fracture. He is on 6 months stall rest and we are praying that he will heal. If so he will be my show stallion or gelding.

I also bought another filly who was my dream filly but unfortunately she passed away 2 weeks ago
default_sad.png

However, I am really looking forward to next year's show season!

Congrats to everyone on their new additions!

I, myself, didn't neccessarilly bought anything, but I did do a couple of trading here and there and got myself a good stallion for adoption by Star Ridge, thanks Parmella.

Darmond Storm Survivor

Secret-327x242.jpg

A palomino partial blue eyed stallion thats AMHA/AMHR 33" tall thats out of Lucky Four Skippa Snow Storm. Found out that Stormy just may throw us some color it looks like. He has 13 crosses to Gold Melody Boy. He is showing next year and is training up real nicely for Western. Thanks Parmela for this wonderful boy.

Darmond Gold Plated

35-250x205.jpg

A chestnut blue eyed pinto stallion thats AMHA/AMHR 33.75" tall thats out of the late Johnstons' Gold Boy so that would make him a Gold Melody Boy grandson. He is getting trained to drive for country pleasure. Not sure if he will be shown this year or not, may have someone else on our show string that will also be showing in country so not sure. But he is an awesome boy. Tinsely Miniatures got our boy Flying A's Baroque who they love and they like the shetlands and we got our mini so worked out for the both of us. Already a AMHR National Top Ten in halter as a yearling.

Irish Hills Miss Michigan

erica0620-360x311.jpg

A perlino filly thats AMHA/AMHR out of Little Kings BT Buck Bandito and Little Kings Heir To Glory. Always wanted a Bandito daughter but at the time I never have the $$$ but when opportunity knocks I take it. Thanks to Sheryl at Irish Hill we did a trade on Penny and Miley and was able to get her. Pinky is just awesome and can't wait to show her in years to come, and I see great things in her future.

This is it on my 08 purchases. I wasn't going to be breeding but like I said when opportunity knocks on your door. I am going to do my own thing, what I think is best, and look for some mares that I want to see in my program, and let me tell you these paticular mares are not the easiest ones to find. So no breeding for a while just having fun showing.

I forgot one. :DOH! Poor Playgirl.

I purchased a yearling ASPC/AMHR filly from Jim Curry, Curry's Playgirl, a Royal Splish Splash daughter.

Playgirl fits right in, having to be at your side and/or in your pocket at all times.
default_wub.png

Not the best pictures but they are all I have right now.

playgirllb.jpg

pg0920-1.jpg

My new gelding who I absolutely adore, AWF Aristocrats Inheritance.

This was his first year showing and he received a top 5 Futurity win in halter at nationals.

Can't wait to see how he does next year.

Reduced: 64% of original size [ 800 x 693 ] - Click to view full image

Reduced: 85% of original size [ 600 x 800 ] - Click to view full image

Love him!!

I own his dam, how old is he now?
default_smile.png

You forgot one pretty lil' lady if I'm not mistaken lol
default_rolleyes.gif
Technically you did "buy" her
default_biggrin.png

On another note I am very sorry about the loss of your filly
default_sad.png

Coming in pretty late to this thread LOL I love seeing everyone's new additions, keep 'em coming! We added several this year but our luck has not been so good, hoping next year is a better year for us
default_sad.png

MeMeNatlsproof.jpg

Erica's Big City No Denying Me, a Buckeroo and Nighthawk granddaughter. I just LOVE this girl, she is so refined and dainty and a complete sweetie. MeMe made the cuts and came in 11th out of over 50 fillies at Nationals! Thanks Erica!

Rubi_headneck_7_22_08.jpg

Hunterberry Hill Showys Gold N Rubies

Jedi_trot2_8_17_08.jpg

Seahorse Buckeroo Spirits Attitude

Jedi has been lame on and off since we got him and x-rays showed a growth plate injury and tibial fracture. He is on 6 months stall rest and we are praying that he will heal. If so he will be my show stallion or gelding.

I also bought another filly who was my dream filly but unfortunately she passed away 2 weeks ago
default_sad.png

However, I am really looking forward to next year's show season!

Congrats to everyone on their new additions!

LOL I guess I did Brandi, I just think of her as coming home but I suppose she should have a place here :)

Melody_trot_6_08.jpg

My favorite picture of Melody (A & R Minis Bugatties Evening Star), photo credit to Brandi :) Melody is at the local equestrian center with her mama and one of my other yearlings right now, being loved on and spoiled by the little 4H girls who think she's just the best thing ever
default_wub.png
She's in horsey heaven
default_laugh.png

Well, I didn't purchase a mini but did buy this Leopard Appaloosa colt for my future riding pleasure....

index%20page.jpg

eagle%20foals%20june%207th%202008.jpg

candelero%20and%20horses.jpg

I'm hooked on spots
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back