Let's see your 2008 purchases!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are getting a mini tomorrow. He is blind in one eye ,good with kids and also trained to pull a cart. I can't wait to get him.

We have another new addition for 2008. Thank you to Belinda Bagby / Cross Country Farm!!!

[SIZE=12pt]Cross Country Start Me Up, a/k/a “Starter"[/SIZE]2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated

Blaze Faced, Blue Eyed, Buckskin Show Colt -- Expected To Mature @ 33”

Sired by Cross Country Rowdys Reflection, Sire of Nat’l Grand Champions / Out of a Nat’l Champion Producing Mare

Reflection is a Son of Lazy “N” Redboy and Grandson of Rowdy

Starter-Stallions-1.jpg
Starter-Stallions-2.jpg

We have another new addition for 2008. Thank you to Belinda Bagby / Cross Country Farm!!!

[SIZE=12pt]Cross Country Start Me Up, a/k/a “Starter"[/SIZE]2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated

Sired by Cross Country Rowdys Reflection, Sire of Nat’l Grand Champions / Out of a Nat’l Champion Producing Mare

Starter-Stallions-1.jpg
Starter-Stallions-2.jpg
Wow Jill! I really REALLY like him! And I see he's got those tippy ears you're so fond of too.

Starter-Stallions-1.jpg
Starter-Stallions-2.jpg
I'm so glad he's coming to Virginia.
default_wub.png

I bought "Almost Heavens Frosty Chip" from Robin Good of Romandaros Miniatures in January, and Frosty Chip foaled in May!
default_wub.png

31.5" Brown appaloosa, many greats in her pedigree, see more on my website!

AlmostHeavensFrostyChip.jpg

Her Foal "Crayonbox Don't Worry Be Happy" aka Happy
default_wub.png
I just love him!

Happy.6-7-08.sm.jpg

Beautiful new beasties everyone. Most know of my new guy, Ravenwood Medalions Royalty

DSCF0019-1.jpg

DSCF0032.jpg

a-4.jpg

Thanks again Mona for my sweet little guy!

I bought back Redrock Keota in March who I had sold as a weanling. I'm really glad I did! As a 3 yr old this year, Keota has been named:

* PtHA Reserve World Champion Miniature Mare 34" and Under

* PtHA World Top 10 Color Mare

* AMHA World Champion Adult Special Needs Showmanship (with Cammie Vloedman)

* AMHA World Top 10 Youth 7 & Under Showmanship (with Ambria Sooter)

Keota will enter my broodmane band in the spring.

Keota1-08.jpg

Our purchase- Little Red Treasure "Red" Driving gelding and kid tested mother approved!

I have been wanting a driving gelding that I could drive, but also a horse my small children could be around without having to worry. Red has been an absolute dream. Nothing seems to faze him. He's just so level headed.

DSC_7208web.jpg

DSC_7250editweb.jpg

DSC_7140web.jpg

Oh my gosh! There are some REALLY nice horses being purchased by forum members!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I purchased 3 horses this year (I think that's all!
default_laugh.png
) with possibly one or two more in the works before the year is out.

Of course my main acquisition was Spirit.
default_wub.png
Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow, DNA tested perlino homozygous for black and agouti. He was one of Seahorse Farm's main men and I still can't believe he's now living here in MO in our barn!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Somebody pinch me!

spirittrot5.jpg

spiritleftside5.jpg

And then there was Butter. Shoo Fly Acres Buttercup, 33" palomino mare bred by Lowell Boone. She's a granddaughter of Gold Melody Boy II. She's taller than we normally prefer, but when the horse looks like this, who cares how tall it is?
default_wub.png
This pic is of her at age 16 and pregnant.
default_new_shocked.gif

buttercupleftside2.jpg

And we also purchased Junior. Star Ridge Acres Bout Buck N Time is an 08 colt that was initially purchased to be a future stallion prospect, but with Spirit here now I'm sure everyone would understand my decision to now make Junior my show gelding for next year. Junior's not feeling to well these days, but hopefully it will turn around and he will be out with me next year.

juniorfront2.jpg
Wow
default_wub.png
I cannot even explain to you how much I LOVE Buttercup. MY Dream Broodmare
default_wub.png
OH boy
default_smile.png
Is she bred for 2009?
default_wub.png

Oh my gosh! There are some REALLY nice horses being purchased by forum members!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I purchased 3 horses this year (I think that's all!
default_laugh.png
) with possibly one or two more in the works before the year is out.

Of course my main acquisition was Spirit.
default_wub.png
Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow, DNA tested perlino homozygous for black and agouti. He was one of Seahorse Farm's main men and I still can't believe he's now living here in MO in our barn!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Somebody pinch me!

spirittrot5.jpg

spiritleftside5.jpg

And then there was Butter. Shoo Fly Acres Buttercup, 33" palomino mare bred by Lowell Boone. She's a granddaughter of Gold Melody Boy II. She's taller than we normally prefer, but when the horse looks like this, who cares how tall it is?
default_wub.png
This pic is of her at age 16 and pregnant.
default_new_shocked.gif

buttercupleftside2.jpg

And we also purchased Junior. Star Ridge Acres Bout Buck N Time is an 08 colt that was initially purchased to be a future stallion prospect, but with Spirit here now I'm sure everyone would understand my decision to now make Junior my show gelding for next year. Junior's not feeling to well these days, but hopefully it will turn around and he will be out with me next year.

juniorfront2.jpg
Wow
default_wub.png
I cannot even explain to you how much I LOVE Buttercup. MY Dream Broodmare
default_wub.png
OH boy
default_smile.png
Is she bred for 2009?
default_wub.png
Thanks Devon! She is truly beautiful and has such a trot that watching her is pure joy.
default_wub.png
Butter was left open for 2009 with the plan of her traveling very early in the spring to be bred to Billy Idol. I was so pleased when she was accepted for the breeding - it's truly an honor. If for some reason she does not end up going to visit Billy she will be bred to Spirit.

Thank you for asking.

I love Wall Street Hersheys Heart & Wall Street Rock E Lizz E
default_wub.png
AND all the Walk-A-Way horses!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

My 2008..... LTD's Lil Copycat - Black and White Loud Frame Overo Mare!
default_biggrin.png
Thank You Janet!

LTDCatsmaller.jpg

LTDCatsmaller2.jpg

CatJunejumping-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite two purchases this year....

Wonderbuck - My walking mare (that's my trainer on her!)

338294179.jpg

And Blue...the love of my life!!!

318847436.jpg

I have been good, only one so far
default_smile.png
we bought her to cross with Calvin.

Blue Ribbon Bodacious Elegance

amylou2.jpg

Everyones new additions are just BEAUTIFUL!!!

Well, these two weren't exactly purchased, but were aquired this year... Here are our 2 new shetlands... both are ASPC registered, with bloodlines out of this world!

O'Wine and Roses (Mare)

newpics003.jpg
Diamond_trot1.jpg

Diamond_trot5.jpg
Diamondrear.jpg

Rougeau's Mystical Hawk (Colt)

newpics005.jpg

misc052.jpg

Latest posts

Back