Let's see your 2008 purchases!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dragging this topic up from page 4 to share my newest addition....

I met this horse 7 months ago and fell in love, he is so beautiful and very sweet and well mannered... he was for sale, but I couldn't afford him. He belonged to the owner of a stallion I bred a mare to (Arabian, not mini). Anyhow, I came across his ad the other night when I was bored at work (I need to stop doing that, that's how I got our newest puppy a couple weeks ago lol!) and, well.... ;)

He was Region 7 Reserve Champion Halter horse, he's Sweepstakes Nominated, broke to ride (but green). She had leased him out, but the people didn't feed him correctly and so she took him back. These photos are old, she said he is prob 100-150 pounds underweight, rubbed out mane, ect... she's going to send me new photos tonight or tomarrow. She lives 4 hours away, so I haven't seen him in his current condition, so will be interested to see what the photos show... He's coming here Saturday, can't wait!
default_smile.png

Anyhow, here he is!
default_smile.png
He's 15.3 and 4 years old. Once he's back in a good weight I will start riding him, I plan to do local hunter shows to start, and work our way up to Arabian shows. I hope to jump him in the future, if he likes it. We'll see ;) He was being trained WP but I"m not a western person...

braveheart4.jpg

BRAVEHEART2.jpg

Jessi

WOW Jessi, beautiful!!! Got any pics of the whole horse? What's the pedigree there?

I also have a new purchase of 2008 and it will be the last one also for the moment!

AF Midnight Frost son of Wittemaacks Mickey Mouse.

3year old stallion who gave for 2008 2 verry colorfull foals!

[SIZE=8pt]picture:Joanna jonientz[/SIZE]

Dragging this topic up from page 4 to share my newest addition....
I met this horse 7 months ago and fell in love, he is so beautiful and very sweet and well mannered... he was for sale, but I couldn't afford him. He belonged to the owner of a stallion I bred a mare to (Arabian, not mini). Anyhow, I came across his ad the other night when I was bored at work (I need to stop doing that, that's how I got our newest puppy a couple weeks ago lol!) and, well.... ;)

He was Region 7 Reserve Champion Halter horse, he's Sweepstakes Nominated, broke to ride (but green). She had leased him out, but the people didn't feed him correctly and so she took him back. These photos are old, she said he is prob 100-150 pounds underweight, rubbed out mane, ect... she's going to send me new photos tonight or tomarrow. She lives 4 hours away, so I haven't seen him in his current condition, so will be interested to see what the photos show... He's coming here Saturday, can't wait!
default_smile.png

Anyhow, here he is!
default_smile.png
He's 15.3 and 4 years old. Once he's back in a good weight I will start riding him, I plan to do local hunter shows to start, and work our way up to Arabian shows. I hope to jump him in the future, if he likes it. We'll see ;) He was being trained WP but I"m not a western person...

braveheart4.jpg

BRAVEHEART2.jpg

Jessi
Beautiful head...I love the arabs. We had a unreg. mare that I sold very cheap to a young girl that wanted her bad. The two fit together like a glove and I nknew it was right...just had THAT feeling!
default_wub.png

WOW WOW WOW some absolutely stunning horses - I have just been drooling on my keyboard
default_wub.png

I have purchased 3 minis although the filly was put on hold late last yr and she arrived over to me in Jan of this yr. Had a great yr showing her and she did very well and even took MHAI (Miniature Horse Association of Ireland) Champion Yearling

Silver Grace Silver Shimmer (part bred Amercian miniature filly)

ShimmerCavan.jpg

ShimmerCavan2.jpg

Also my Buckskin colt Birchwood UK Buckaroo Banner aka Banner by Seahorse Gold Grand Melody Buckeroo by Little Kings Buckeroo I Stand Grand.

Only got him towards the end of the summer so he hadnt qualified for the championships but brought him for the colour class and there was another independent show where he came 4th in yearling, 4th in best colour and 1st in Arab type. He has a lot more developing to do so hope he will improve for next yr.

BannerCavan.jpg

And his 1/2 brother a silver sorrel (same sire) Birchwood UK Arabian Sunset aka Sunny

I didnt show him this yr but plan to show him as a 2yr old next season. Excuse the halter as I was waiting on my new yearling halters to arrive and only had a big one for the pics
default_rolleyes.gif

2008_0809Kerry0013-1.jpg

BannerandSunset2.jpg

Some really nice horses on this thread!

I wasn't going to but couldn't resist........

She isn't home yet but I'm working on it. I will be bringing her dam home as well.

PGMs April Champagne Showers

April13.JPG

Morning Moons Streak of Luck

Streak1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
braveheart4.jpg

Jessi he is beautiful, would love to see more pictures of him once you have him. Very nice.

There have been a lot of great purchases this year! Congrats to all of you! Perhaps I will buy a new one someday... I have not bought one since 1998 and now haven't had one born since 2006. I've been really good.
default_smile.png

We purchased two new Jr Herd Stallions..
default_biggrin.png
congrats on everyones purchases
default_aktion033.gif
They arrive tomorrow afternoon and I can hardly Wait!!!!!!!!! Oh sorry for the poor photos I tried to edit them and messed them up a bit
default_unsure.png

And here they are..

doublevision2-1.jpg

double20vision-1.jpg

klassique-2006.jpg

Crock2.jpg

Crock1.jpg

@Kayla: I just LOVE your new JR stallions!! They are so gorgeous, you can ship them to Holland any time!
default_wub.png

Here is my 2008 addition with many thanks to Sheryl of Irish Hills Farms:

Cross Country California Dreamin' (here she is pictured at Sheryl's)

Dreammei20082.jpg

I am so happy with her, she is a joy to own and just gets along with everybody in my little herd.

But Sheryl tell me, did you train her to bite butts? LOL

Everytime I turn my back on her to cuddle one of the others I can feel her nibbling at my pants and when I let her go she just bites my *******
default_wacko.png

We got 4 new ones this year and 1 more to come end of Dec..

Ericas Big City The Thunder Rolls he's such a sweety top 5 yearling over at Nationals

BigCityTheThunderRolls.jpg

Lucky four Andys Color card aka Ace 2 time National Stallion and my fave guys sire
default_biggrin.png
first guy l look at every day feel so lucky having him here

acehead2.jpg

Gallery Original Pharaohs Phoxy Lady 2 World titles still drooling over having her here

phoxy.jpg

WCR lM A HotRod Linclon 2008 colt from Phoxy and Ace he's a little devil
default_rolleyes.gif

hotrod.jpg

I was very very good this year and only got two mares...the black and white one is Fancy and she is bred to Fiesta for
fancypants.jpg
June 2009 foal and the palomino pinto is "Sweets" a two yr old LK filly I traded for.
074.JPG

Well I can finally add to this thread!

Oak Bay Turbocharged Edition, weanling colt:

turbo6.jpg

turbo7.jpg

turbohead.jpg

I just love him and can't wait to get him home! :D

joe_deb_Ashland.jpg

Here is our filly from 2008 FILIPOWICZ THAT 'S HIGH SOCIETY

Grandson Joe Batte is getting her ready for her class at Ashland show-- that was her very 1st show & she did well -- in 3 classes & got 3 ribbons -- 1st, 2nd & a 3rd. Joe had his hands full though LOL She was "full of herself " for sure. We love her to bits.

Her sire is Filipowics Thats' all Foulkd (TAF _ HOF) and out of a Jo CO mare Grace Kelly. She is a looker !!

Amy Her dam is D&S Grace Kelly which is a Seth Thomas mare who also has Austin City Limits . in her blood line. JoCo bought Grace from Dale Lutke.

Hi! A special THANKS
default_rolleyes.gif
to my Friend Mary in NH for making my horse heart sing again with my new "babies" !
default_yes.gif

First is my little pinto weanling, Sheridans Showdown Winston out of the pinto mare Grace and an AMHR stallion, Knutson Scouts Dashing Drew in Iowa . The second picture is of my mare Showdown Grace she is Oak Hills and Komokos breeding...and third is my stud, Little Kings Hallmarks Buckshot(a Boones Little Buckeroo grandson) bred by Eberths , his sires are Little Kings Buckwheat and Komokos Little King Supreme....some fantastic bloodlines! He is such a sweetheart... just a lovebug! He is bred to my Pinto Mare for an 09 foal.....hopefully a buckskin pinto! They love their new FOREVER homes !

I am SO enjoying them .....and look forward to next year!

Smiles Lynn

whinniekisses.jpg

GracieHeadshot.jpg

buckshothalter.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Here is Oak Park Ima Little Blue
default_wub.png
I got her in June[/SIZE]

lilblue-1.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]And Heermann's Mr Juanderful. I got him in August. He's a Falabella blend.[/SIZE]

578973-R1-09-16-2.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]Joy[/SIZE]

This past April, we bought Owsley Fork Sundancer "Belle" and DSB Calamity Jane "Cami." Belle(10) is my mare and Cami(5) is my mom's mare. Yesterday I bought a gelding, Far Vista Farms Blue Buckeroo "Bucky" (3). They are all great additions to our family and we are very happy to have them at our home!

Belle!

MakaylaCumberlandShow.jpg

Cami!

RSCN0203-1.jpg

Bucky!

RSCN2750-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back