Laney (*filly* 4/10-Tinkerbelle) *New pics pg 187*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
of course I will Cassie. I am jealous though that you are having a girly night watching Downtown Abbey.
default_yes.gif

It was the best!!! We are loving it sooo much! Up to episode 4 of season 2
default_smile.png
has season 2 been out in Italy yet? It's not coming out here till may or later so I ought ought it on blue ray hehe it is brilliant!!! I love it!
I just saw her rubbing against the far fence. You can use olive oil for her feet too which is safe, if you have any empty spray bottle you can use that, if she is skittish about the noise just cough loud when you spray it
default_yes.gif
What a great idea renee LOL love it!

Sorry I couldn't watch for you today Megan, rebekah aunts trish and I went to the sydney international equestrian centre to get the horses ready for the grand national which ison the weekend
default_smile.png
going there on Sunday as I have to work saturday yuck lol should be awesome though!! I a,so excited!!

Was meanttoridebj but there washeapsofthings happening, it is only his 4th show and he was a bit scared of the big indoor arena poor man,

Now I am headed to bed, night everyone

Glad you had a good time Cassie even if you didn't get to ride - enjoy yourself Sunday!

Karina, hope you havea fab time at the Wedding - must be brilliant having hubby home again too. I'm sure Laney will wait for you.
default_yes.gif

Laney now up and eating again (6am approx), she was down earlier and having quite an exciting dream I think?!!

Yes Karina, have a wonderful weekend and enjoy having hubby home
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Karina! You are going to be busy! I want her to wait on the 31 until I am home- have a bridal shower in the early afternoon! That evening would be fine though lol

Glad you had a good day Cassie! My son's trainer moved her horse to a boarding place with an indoor arena and he was so scared but doing better after about 2 weeks.

Thanks for watching everyone! She is definitely getting more and more uncomfortable.

Laney's udder looks better this morning. Has a good amount more volume then last night.. one side is still smaller then the other but not too bad.

DSCN1272-2.jpg

DSCN1261.jpg

I have to make sure I changed over everyone who picked a new day... I have the list posted on the 1st post on page 1
default_yes.gif

/back to stalker mode.

You mare is so much more shed out than mine and we are in the same general area! I'm quite jealous of that!

RE: the feet, I wouldn't worry about it. There have been times that due to conflicting work schedules our mare's feet just did not get done, and either did the gelding she lives with. I find that as long as they move around enough the feet will trim themselves a bit. I always freak out when a big chunk falls off of my mare's foot but I find that what's left behind is what should be there! Unless the piece that came off is adversely affecting the stability of the hoof or it has cracked so deep that there is fear of infection I wouldn't worry too much about it
default_smile.png
Wild horses don't have a farrier come out every 6 weeks, after all, and they seem to do just fine.

If it stresses your girly out to have her tootsies taken care of I would just leave it until she foaled and had settled down with her baby. As for moisturizing I like to let my ponies out in the morning when we still have dew on the grass (that is, when she's stall kept I do) It's amazing how much softer and nicer they get after an early morning walk! I left my mare on pasture all last summer and never had an issue with dry hooves because she kept them wet in the mornings and late at night!

Wow J- you live right down the road from me (I am only a few miles from Fuquay.. we go to that area to shop and eat a lot. We LOVE the new Hibachi & Co.
default_yes.gif
)

Thank you all for making me feel better. It does look bad but the farrier said she should be fine for a little longer too.
default_thumbup.gif
So I will stop myself from worrying about it.

Laney is really trying to hide from us today. I only could see her ear a little bit ago. She is right under the cam.

Oh girl don't get me started on the new Hibachi shop! I can't believe you are so close, I always feel like there are no mini people to hang with in the area! I am just a mile or so from Kipling, so I'm on the outside of Fuquay. I keep my ponykins in Duncan though!

I'm glad you can relax a bit
default_smile.png
I always stress when my mare's hooves look bad but I try to remember that she can take care of herself more than I give her credit for.

Yup we are very close. I am not in any city limits but am close to Willow Springs.

Laney is getting mad at her belly.. some seriously mean looks she's giving.. and biting and kicking. She had a big pile of mushy poop when I checked her about an hour ago.

Megan, the cam is stuck on the outside view - is it me or is it the cam? Cant see Laney at all, but as the gates are closed I presume she is right under the camera??

is it working now?? she has had some good rolls and is just laying sternal now.. I had to run switch it when she was in the stall... I am going to chck her soon she is down at an odd time.

EDIT.. ok up now

No, still on the outside view only - maybe it's my laptop?? But at least I can see Laney now she's outside. If you are happy with her (not worried that she is doing strange things) will she be off out into the pasture for the afternoon as usual? Just so I know in case she 'disappears' again.

I have it off rotation so it was easier to see her. She wasn't going into the stall much. I am going out to check her and my let her out to one of the two grassy areas depending on how she looks.

Ah that explains it! Hope you find she is ok coz I think she will relax a bit if she is off grazing her grassy area. Will be off to do my lot shortly but will check in again when I get back in and from then on throughout the evening.
default_yes.gif

She had 3 big piles of pure mushy poop and her hooha is pretty long so I let her in the paddock instead of out with Ricky so I could watch her better.

DSCN1286.jpg

I always let her out every day around 12:30 or 1pm either in the large pasture or the grassy paddock depending on how she is and how I can watch her. I have never kept her in her pen all day. She grazes for the afternoon and then goes back in her pen at dinner time. She does really well this way
default_yes.gif

She still needs to fill that udder.

wow Megan, that hooha is puffy
default_new_shocked.gif
What colour is it inside? Can you take some pics of her udder?

WOW!! Judging on that picture, she could go any time Megan! Maybe she will fill her bag finally as she foals? Will she let you look at te colour inside her hooha - that could well be your 'final' sign!!

I think the arrangements you have for Laney are great Megan - plenty of room to move around in her stall/pen enclosure plus having ad lib access to her hay, and then the afternoon for grass eating and extra exercise before coming back in for the night. Sounds perfect to me.
default_yes.gif

Howver I dont think I would be taking my eyes off her for very long over the next few days!!

Oh wow I just woke up from a nap (I can't shake feeling icky for some reason).. I didn't mean to fall asleep.

Her hooha is puffy and totally deep pink inside (it was pink further inside and her skin color towards the outside but it looks completely pink now inside.)

Her udder seemed to be down a tiny bit from this morning when I checked at 1pm.. but I haven't seen it in a few hours and will check at dinner. Maybe she will just fill right before or after?

I will try to get some pics at dinner and post. She has been standing so funny I can't get a good pic of her udder sometimes cause she has it pushing towards the side.

Latest posts

Back