Laney (*filly* 4/10-Tinkerbelle) *New pics pg 187*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ladies!

I have only seen her down flat once before, Cassie and it was this past week only for a minute or so.

Laney is 317 days today. She did do a little filling last night.

DSCN0705.jpg

DSCN0707.jpg

DSCN0712.jpg

One day closer
default_aktion033.gif

We have a small chance everyday this week through the weekend for spotty or isolated showers almost everyday. It just stormed briefly and Laney's pen is muddy now of course. If she is looking really close I will stall her at night- but I don't think I will if she isn't looking real close. She poops A LOT at night and that little stall would be a complete disaster. We'd probably need a new bag of shavings everyday she messes that bad lol I don't see any other mare on cam with as many piles of poop as I clean every morning. Laney keeps her system moving for sure.
default_xkngt.gif

I am probably going to shut the camera down for the afternoon when she is out to graze to give the computer a break.

Her udder has filled a little more since this morning. She and Ricky are out together. I already have to go out looking for her. She likes to disappear behind the buildings sometimes.

DSCN0719.jpg

DSCN0721.jpg

There were 6 piles of poop I have to go clean up too. I cleaned her pen at breakfast and she pooped 6 times in 4-5 hours. Poop machine.

I agree with leaving her outside as the exercise will do her good and she isn't bothered by the rain cos she often stands outside in it
default_frusty.gif

Yes she drives me crazy. As long as she doesn't decide to foal in it.. she can stand out in it..

Suzie did the same thing to me lol I was so scared she would get sick but no she was fine lol of course!!

Morning Megan how are you? N how Is our lovely laney???

I thought I would check in b4 heading to work... Mum n dad should be home anytime now
default_smile.png
n I have banana n cinnamon bread in the oven smells n looks great!!! ( my first attempt lol I'm quite pleased) hoping they get back before work... Lol

Will be watching but maybe not posting as much as yesterday... Anyway will keep an eye on her for you

That sounds good Cassie. I used to make zucchini bread that was SO good. Haven't made it in a very long time though. So glad your mom and dad are almost home!

I am good today.
default_yes.gif
Been a normal day around here. Laney is progressing steady little by little. She has slowed down a bit so I am thinking next week so that means someone was bound to guess at least the right day! Maybe she will surprise us though. I'll just keep an eye on that udder.

Her pen is a sloppy mess now after the rain this afternoon. I really wish we could fix it somehow. It is muddy right in front of her stalls and in her feed stall.

Laney's udder was the same this afternoon. She is doing really good.

Laney's udder doesn't look like most other mares from under her belly. I am going to go back to Amanda's thread and look at her girls from under..

not all mares bag up the same way Megan
default_smile.png
Laney's udder looks fine
default_smile.png

Mum n Dad are home...
default_smile.png

mmm zuchinni bread yum lol.

can you put a plastic gutter in front of the stable?? the horses might not like it at first but would get used to it, and it would stop the rain from washing into the stable... thats what I have to do with the back of mine, a job for Daddy now he is home LOL

7:39pm Laney eating her hay

Oh I think she is ok it is just so funny that I haven't seen any photos of an udder shaped like a long oval before. They all seem to be like triangles. She is unique lol
default_yes.gif
As they keep growing they are changing shape a little too so maybe she just needs to fill a bit.

I think the ground peaks in the middle of Laney's pen and goes down in the front and back, leading the water to the stalls and the opposite fence line. We have talked about getting a load of fill dirt to raise the stalls to be above the water level.. and we could try to make the water run off like a gutter or something. For now I have been spreading the hay Laney won't eat over the mud and it helps a little but not nearly like we need it.

More progress! Here she is around 8:30pm tonight

DSCN0749.jpg

DSCN0750.jpg

YAY progress!!! I think I see a little teat seperation happening won't be long!! hmm I wonder what date I picked lol I better go back n check LOL

March 17 @ 11:40pm -pintoloosa Filly (Hazel)

March 20 or 28 -bay pintaloosa Colt (Diane)

March 25 @ 3:10 am -bay pinto (Anna)

March 26 -black and white Filly (Me)

March 27 -black and white pinto- Filly (Cassie)

March 30 @ 4:15 am - sorrel pintaloosa Filly (Renee)

March 31 @ 2:30 am -bay pinto Filly (Karina)

March 31 @ 2:30 am -black pinto Filly (Parmela)

bay pinto Filly (Bree)

ok here are our guessed dates again...
default_smile.png
bring on the 27th!!! YEA!

Been watching Laney for a while - she was in and grazing her hay, now just wandered outside viewing her estate. Looking very relaxed though. 3.20am

Latest posts

Back