high risk mare on marestare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
diana has lost a couple foals in the past because they didnt get out of the sac. she is on mare stare under bit o blue camera. she is at day 316 and has a good bag and her shape shows shes close.

i would appreciate the extra eyes!!!

im writing this on my phone so i dont have the link available. will post later.

phone numbers are 207-441-9409 and 207-660-1206.

thanks!!

tracy

She still looks nice and round this morning so all is well. I'll watch when I'm in the house but I do spend a lot of time in the barn.

Best wishes for this coming foal!

Charlotte

Been watching all morning from work.... are you sure Sera isn't going to deliver before Diane???

Having to sign off... watched all day. Good luck with the evening. shift, lol. I will try to watch again tomorrow..work from 9-2 so will put them on computer while I work. 10-3 your time.......

i'll help
default_yes.gif

i dont sleep much during the night so i'll do some night watching

I am home tomorrow through Sunday. But I have sleep apnea so I tend to fall asleep a lot... so feel free to call me!!

Sera was feaking us out today! What was wrong with her? She has no bag so we would like that to develop before she foals. Please and thank you! LOL But she was restless and picking up that tail and up and down and rolling.

My daughter Sarah watched her for a while and the foal was moving a lot so maybe it was getting into position and bothering her...?

Diana has a V. Last year she foaled 5 days after the first time I saw the V.

TODAY - day 316

di_20110331b.jpg

2010 -5 days before foaling

di_20100418.jpg

Hope you don't mind but I have Dog breeder friends all over the world that I am in contact with and asked them if they can watch your mare as well. I figured if you are able to have eyes a different times it would be better chances for you. Again hope you don't mind. They are all good people and love animals

Took a pic of her bag today. It's pretty full. Milk pH is still at the highest.

di_bag20010402.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't rely on the PH. I had a mare foal a few days ago . Her milk tested on the highest PH . She foaled one and a half hours later. I tested her milk before she got up after she had foaled and it tested lowest PH .Obviously this mare was really sneaky and her milk changed very quikly. Good Luck

Yup... the milk pH can take a week to drop or a couple hours. I've foaled out about 30 mares and for the last 3 years the pH has been an awesome help. Luckily this is Diana's 3rd foal with me and she has been predictable.

Having said that... she usually goes 336-350 days so showing signs at day 316 is unusual.

Yup it's enough to make you crazy!

Getting nothing but a black screen here. I usually do not have trouble viewing marestare pages; in fact I have one of my own.

I have been messing around with the camera system and have shut it off a couple times on purpose and by accident. I have wired cams and the foaling shed is a little over 50 feet from my house. I strung the cable a couple times-- me home alone on a ladder... now that's an accident waiting to happen. I had video problems and then it turns out it was the video 1 screen that was giving me problems not the camera or the cable. sigh Almost went to town and bought new cams and new cable. Glad I didn't!!!

Added new cam cuz I'm adding a new horse this afternoon. I've got 3 screens now. About 3-3:30pm eastern time I will have the third horse up there and all the names correct.

Diana is still testing at the highest pH but she is showing a belly that is super ready.

default_aktion033.gif
I can see all 3 and they are IN COLOR. Now that is nice! I put your cam site in favorites so I can help watch. Thank you for updating while it was in the dark. Looks great now. Love that screen that shows 2 of them.
default_yes.gif
It is just a mystery to me why some owners ask everyone to watch their mare and then either the screen is not available or the mare is not in the stall. If an emergency is going on and it is better that there are no on screen onlookers...of course, by all means. Anyway, climbing down off the soapbox because this is not the place for it. Just wanted to let you know I can see all of yours and they look good in color.
default_smile.png

Cinnamon is the new mare. She was pasture bred and they said she was due in May. But she is a maiden and she has developed a medium size hard bag. So she has joined the fun.

Poor thing is getting picked on by Sera. I think I'll put an intercom out there and yell at Sera when she does it again.

is it just me, or does that pic of diana's bag look like her nipples have wax on them?

also, is cinamon the one thats bred to Recee's Thunder Hawk?

We found a little wax today. Yes, that is who Cinnamon is bred to.

OOPS... The stallion is Reeces Thunder Bay... a son of Reeces Thunder Hawk.

Crossing my fingers that the foal is exactly what I'm looking for. If not, the foal will be for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_new_shocked.gif
default_saludando.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
Ok, so I put your cam in favorites and I did not view yesterday or maybe even Wed, not sure, but now I see that...OMG, TELL ME THAT THAT BABY WAS NOT BORN WEARING A FOAL BLANKET!!!! Full report pretty please!

Latest posts

Back