HERE WE GO AGAIN.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Email or PM Meg but her milk test strips went all over the show and in the end she gave up using them... I will pm you the insturctions we got sent on ours and maybe you can see if you get a differnet result, also we cut our strips in half to so we get twice as many. Both our mares they went up and down while on the olivey and green colours but once they hit the first pinky colour both foaled within 12 hours, Infact Casie nearly caught us out last year as I though we had a few hours up our sleeve, and carols foaled with in 2 hours of the dark last pinky colour.

Is this Stix's first NZ foal? I can't wait to see your new bubba foal...

Last edited by a moderator:
MY GOODNESS I dont check on here for a few days and look at what I'm missing, OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH I'm so excited for you and hope for the best this year, I'm all nervious bout my mare that lost her foal last year as well, But am starting to think she may not be in foal but am sure I have felt the foal kicking I never got around to getting her tested to see if she was in foal as wasent bothered if she wasent and thought if its meant to be it will be lol, she is due in november. I'm so gunna be checking on here all the time now to wait for updates lol.

Yes, this will be Stix's first baby!!

I'll email Meg about the strips. Where did you get yours? They sound totally different to mine, these ones have only two sqaures per strip???

Thanks Emma! She is quite contently eating her evening meal as we speak...sigh

lol Isnt this so much fun!
default_wacko.png

Yes, this will be Stix's first baby!!
I'll email Meg about the strips. Where did you get yours? They sound totally different to mine, these ones have only two sqaures per strip???

Thanks Emma! She is quite contently eating her evening meal as we speak...sigh

lol Isnt this so much fun!
default_wacko.png

Estate tack is where we got our first lot with our foaling alarm. Then we got refills online. I think ours have one square per strip but you can get them with water hardness and ph squares. Ours are just water hardness. I think the other thing to note is if you are testing you will usually see a change in what you express out of the mare the day they foal (well we did, I had never seen it before and I didn't believe carol when she told us it happened) Just another indicator to look for.

Yep in our mares they went from sticky amber to whiteish more like actual milk looking.

Hmmm hers is sticky yellowish color at the moment...But last year we milked and froze colostrum the day after she foaled and it was still yellow?

Haha...Emma, nope nothing yet!

Perhaps I didn't describe it very well I made it sound like it turned to milk, It would be more accurate to say what you are expressing becomes a bit couldy from what you would have previously seen. Might not happen to all mares but both of ours had a definate change in there milk 12 to 24 hours before foaling, but I have seen what you are talking about too where what you are expressing stays the exact same colour as liquid honey. Just another thing to keep an eye out for
default_wink.png
I spose I should start dusting off our foaling alarms etc I guess I wont be getting ANY sleep between Casey and the mares...

Aw I read through this whole post I thought for sure that by the end you would have posted you had a foal!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wacko.png

Goodluck to you and pretty momma!! Make sure to show us that foal!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Yep, wondering how she is!
default_smile.png

LOL! Aww she looks comfy and enjoying the sun....so warm and cozy!

Hi Helen.

Dont these mares drive you crazy!! LOL Hope she didnt sneak that baby out while you were in town!

I am on Marestare here too. (In Aus)

The marestare camera is the best thing since sliced bread. No getting out of bed for false alarms, and no going out in the cold to check
default_smile.png

Heres my mare im waiting on. Her 341 days would be 8th October.

http://www.marestare.com/anyssapark.php

I hope your girl goes soon so you can have some rest. She is teasing you with her laying flat out to sleep!! lol

[SIZE=12pt]I am wishing that little one would hurry up![/SIZE]

Please let us all know how things go with her and the new one!

Peggy

Alba Hurst Miniature Horse Ranch

Latest posts

Back