foaling time again so soon?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like she needs to roll that little one a bit forward to get it in the "go" position. But she's looking VERY good!

Thanks Diame. MaybeI am getting the hang of this. Exactly what I was thinking! Misty is the one with boobs:>) Don't know her foaling history..thinking maybe a maiden.

I don't feel quite so frantic as I did with Jewel last year.I am just a little bit more experienced this year. I only pray for proper presentations..stories of foals stuck and mal postioned scare the fire out of me. I have your number on speed dial also horse trailer is hooked and ready with a vet that takes emergency calls 30 minutes away. Sure wish my old vet was still around..she had small hands and a ton of experience.

will try for pictures tomorrow. Sophie the blue roan ( registered as gray)is looking gorgeous. She was suposedly bred when I go ther..umm..I reckin she wasnt:>? she looked bred bred stormy I think June of last year..and still looks bred.lol

mistydue.jpgtrying to load pics of misty, I only got a few. She is very clingy tonight. She is always in your pocket but just something a lil different with her. She has a bag not huge but hard and there ..i was unable to get a pic with ,my cell phone. baby appears to have moved forward from last pics..and her top line looks a lil boney. no color change in vulva.. what do you all think?

Ill agree I definitely see a change between the last pic you posted to this one now. Not all mares will produce a bloody show within the Vulva before foaling. And her Bag whilst you say not huge could fill all of a sudden.

Shes a Lovely Mare and I don't think your going to have wait long for Misty to foal.

Best of luck for a safe foaling
default_thumbup.gif

i cant get my phone pics to upload..ugh.not sure what I should be doing....the ladies told me lastt ime when to hit the barn..this year it will be in a lean to. I can feel the panicv starting:>/

mistydue22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't Panic you will be just fine , and she needs you at your most relaxed. A couple of good rolls should move baby forward a little more.
default_yes.gif

Cant wait to see what she has been hiding, surely the slow cooker has just about finished lol
default_luck.gif

does it mean anything when a mare you thought was bred(sophie) has the interest of the stallion and he hasn't bred her yet but she is acting like a hussey?

nistydueback.jpg

Some Pregnant mares will take a stallion but its not advisable as it can lead to abortion.

Have you had Sophie looked at lately by the vet to see if she is still in foal ?

My little Mare (That I thought was pregnant for so long ) ended up having a false Pregnancy. The vet believed that she had lost it at some stage because she carried on like she was for so long. Now she is Flirting something shocking with my stallion from across the other side of the property.
default_yes.gif

actually I thought sophie was in foal when i bough ther last year. but she wasn't obviously. No i havent had her loooked at. I suppose if she doesnt start having some real signs beside a fat belly I will have to. She and stormy would have awsome babies. But if she isnt bred that would be okay too. I was starting to teach her to drive when i decided to stop for babies sake,,,, Misty was doing awsome as a driving girl..and had to stop her training as well. I am seriously thinking maybe i should sel my stud or geld him. I would hate to geld him as he has a wonderful show record and pedigree,, but i do not want babies ALL the time...and he is so unhappy not with is girls

/monthly_05_2014/post-45019-0-70229800-1400207973_thumb.jpg /monthly_05_2014/post-45019-0-75625400-1400207444_thumb.jpg

I think a few good rolls will help move baby a bit more forward and get her/him lined up. She's looking very good!

How about showing us a couple of pictures of Sophie so we can see what she's looking like now. Maybe that will help us answer your question.

pictures. Nothoing could have been bred before ..think it was june 8th when stormy came.

POssibly bred daisey the rescue from last year.Think someone on here called her a silver buckskin pinto..I don't really know her color.

breddaiseys.jpgbreddaisiee.jpgbreddaisy.jpgbreddaisyx.jpg

sophie blue roan registered as a grey. She had a foal a few years ago it died,I am guessin it was full term and something happened. . Guy said she had been checked and that she was breeding sound. She had been running with a young stallion when I got her. I thought she was bred ( so did they) but we didnt have a baby last year so guess she wasnt. She has been with stormy since early June. She looks as pregnant to me as she did last year....and no baby then so who knows?

bredsophie.jpgbredsophieback.jpgbredsophiefronside.jpgbredsophiehead.jpgbredsopphie.jpg

and then misty

no doubt about her.. still lots of tail resistance. And her girl parts look like normal horse. No change with her

and just for fun heres a few other shots first the big riding girls and second part of my mini herd....biggirlsc.jpgbredherd.jpg

Well I think you are going to see some babies arrive sometime soon!! Love the pics of them all relaxing and grazing together.
default_yes.gif

anna would you guess them both at being bred? I am not sure... I had started training sophie in prep for cart work..but have siince stopped. Trying to get pics is something. Onyx (last years baby), misty and sophie are in your face. Daisy is skittish and I still have a hard time even touching her. Jewel (onyz mother) remain very stand offish.And villas after the storm( stormy) is friendly. such a group

They looks as though they could be pregnant to me, it would depend upon when your felt/were sure they might be due, also it is always more difficult to tell from pictures - the camera can lie! To be honest they do look as though they could carry a bit more weight and if they have had foals before, the slight lack of weight on the top line can make a tummy look bigger. But I always say that if there is the slightest possiblity of a mare being in foal, then you should treat her as pregnant until you have proof positive/are absolutely sure that she is not!

So, in my book, they are pregnant until ................................................................??!!

Mine, too! There is no point in taking any chances, so we'll consider them all pregnant until we know more!!

I guess I never thought of them as beiing too thin. we cant have that so will work on it.

I dont think that they are 'too' thin, but I do think that they are not really carrying enough weight if they are pregnant. To give birth followed by lactation takes an enormous amount out of a mare and can mean they they lose weight immediately after foaling, so it is always better to make sure they are well up to scratch, even carrying a bit extra, on the run up to the big event.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back