Pregnant, or fat?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what pictures you have taken, I think you jave a pregnant horse. She's in such good shape that its hard to tell from the side and behind view. There is definitely changes in the udder area. Since she hates being touched, just watch her stomach. Maybe you will see movement. May have to watch for a while.

From what pictures you have taken, I think you jave a pregnant horse. She's in such good shape that its hard to tell from the side and behind view. There is definitely changes in the udder area. Since she hates being touched, just watch her stomach. Maybe you will see movement. May have to watch for a while.
Really? Okay. I'll watch her stomach later. Thank you!

I watched her today. I did see a sharp movement in.her side, but that was the only movement I saw so it probably was just her taking a quick breath or something. She is very irritable today, didnt like me picking her hooves at all (I do that everyday), and did not like me brushing her. Still very touchy, pinning her ears and kicking out when I touch her udders, and lower stomach. Also her vulva was wet, with a clear substance at the top? This happened the night she 'coliced' too.

Is it swollen or red (May have to check the inside for redness if her skin is black)?

default_please.gif
give us an update!!

AWESOME! Then we'll look forward to some exciting news from the show ring. She's so pretty!

AWESOME! Then we'll look forward to some exciting news from the show ring. She's so pretty!
Thank you!!
default_smile.png
She is an awesome mare.. At home and at shows! She does everything and wins almost everything she's entered in. Now Im focusing on getting her to lose weight :p She's lost a little since June but she is still tubby. My trainer calls her Pudge.

Also... Angel's back at it again :/. The whole thing she was doing back in June is happening again. Im thinking she colics due to temperature changes? Shes touchy (today she squealed, pinned her ears, and tried to kick and bite me when I lightly touched her stomach). This has been going on for the past few days. Minimal gut sounds sometimes, other times they are regular. She hasnt tried to roll or lay down though. She's also been bloated. On the first day, she bloated four inches. (her regular measurement of 54" at her biggest point went up to 58"). I've been giving her banamine (from the tube, not shots) every 12hrs to make her feel better but it doesnt seem like its helping.

Remember, you can give the "shot" liquid orally, and it works pretty fast since the mouth has so many mucous membranes. They don't like the taste of it, but it's good just the same. You draw it up in a syringe, then remove the needle, and squirt in the mouth.

Keep us posted!!

Remember, you can give the "shot" liquid orally, and it works pretty fast since the mouth has so many mucous membranes. They don't like the taste of it, but it's good just the same. You draw it up in a syringe, then remove the needle, and squirt in the mouth.

Keep us posted!!
I know! I dont have any of the shots though, so I am just using the tubes. I will, thanks!!

Latest posts

Back