foaling time again so soon?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh what an absolutely cute little girl - many congratulations!! And yes her little legs will soon straighten/strengthen up with a little time and plenty of outside exercise.
default_yes.gif

I am going to have grand daugther get a picture of her from the front. The splayed legs don't look nearly as bad in these pictures than what she has. Also vet said they no longer give tetanus vaccines to newborns or momma as per the vet medical guidelines. Soo...i just dont know..

I've never given tetanus, so I'm no help.

Those legs will be just fine. Just allow her some good exercise following momma around outside, and in a day or so with her running and jumping around, you won't even remember how they looked today!

She SURE is a cutie!!! CONGRATULATIONS again!

Last edited:
silverlinigc.jpgsilverlining.jpg will these straighten do you think. I shortened her toes a lil bit.. she is a sweet heart for sure

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they should straighten out just fine. Let her have lots of exercise with momma, and she should come up on those legs in just a few days!

She's a cutie for sure!

My colts came out pretty straight and strong, but Dolly came out a bit crooked, so I'll share her pictures...

Day 1

Dolly - June 9, 2009 - front.jpg

She probably straightened quicker, but it took two months before I got another straight on picture of her, she hardly slowed down (she's moving here, but you can still see she's straight):

Dolly - Aug 26, 2009 - coming.jpg

This is what most of her pictures looked like when she was little:

Dolly - july 18, 2009 - zoom ok.jpg

Ok I do know about foal heat..But my lil girl was born just this thursay and I nooticed today her poo is yellow and squirting out like very thick pee. Her umbillical stump is dry, she is bright eyed and playful. Do I need to be concerned???

below my onyx still a baby girl to me..and my new baby girlsilverfillyandonyx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How cute a picture!!!

I'd watch her for a day or so for any changes. Is momma showing any other signs of an early heat cycle? Does momma have any mastitis? Sometimes if one side is plugged and she has mastitis, the baby can get a diarrhea-like poop from nursing the "tainted" side.

But if all is well, I'd just give a call to your vet tomorrow afternoon if there's no improvement.

Diane i seriously never thought to check her for mastitis. Idid add some different feds to her diet..can baby get bad poo from moms change of diet?

Well I'm late here as usual but congrats on your new little beauty

That must have been an interesting night sleeping in the lean to in a storm

but just look at the outcome of your determination to be there for your girl

Big Congrats on a job well done

Lori I wish I could say that my determination to be there for my girl had made me there for the birth. I missed it. I had come in and made super..was going out for the night and when I got there my filly was already there..standing, nursing but still wet. I didn't miss it by much..but I did miss it and am just so relieved that Mother nature was kind to us.

Latest posts

Back