foaling time again so soon?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mistymay29.jpgmistymay29c.jpgmistymay29f.jpgmisty may29bbb.jpg

mistymay29k.jpgMisty has a hard bag going. It has changed a lot in just a day or 2, I WILL post pictures today as I need your advice. Still tail resistance. but she does appear to be pointy butted....although baby is stil lout to the side. I think we are getting very close.I have not yet started sleeping in the field.....

Last edited by a moderator:
ohh and onyx is 100 percent better. She had a few weeks were she wasn't herself and didnt come running to meet me. She stuck pretty close to momma. No visible scar although you can feel a lump of scar tissue on her neck under the skin. hair has grown back and she is back to "sitting" in my lap. All eneded well. Dog was rehomed and the others that may have been involved are kenneled.

With a mare looking as close as that I would be sleeping right aongside her - you say 'in the field', have you got inside space for her or if not is she alone in the field she is using as she needs to be on her own to foal in peace.

Glad to hear that little Onyx is back to her cheery loving self.
default_yes.gif

The only thing holding her back, is some good rolling to get that baby lined up. Baby could move a bit more forward, and those nipples could fill a bit more, but that could take only minutes!!!! So, everything screams "almost ready" to me, so get the sleeping bag!

Thank you!I have removed everyone but onyx from a coraled off area with acess to the lean to and a small closeable pasture. . I can close her in if i have l. And if better i can take onyx out. I wanted to buddy her up with someone who would be very non aggressive

Onyx may be non aggressive, but as a youngster she is going to be very inquisitive about what is going on and may well get herself attacked by a mare with a new baby. To be completely safe I would remove her too.

Lots of butt private area rubbing last night. very slight discharge from vulva. And nothing else. Come on Misty before momma falls over !

Sounds like she may have lost her mucous plug. A good sign! Hope she foals soon -- we'll be praying to keep you "upright" !! LOL

misty seems to have regressed yesterday and then come back harder and stronger. Her vulva yesterday looked not very swollen. Today it is..and the inside has red spot or two..maybe from all that rubbing she did the other night. Her teats are very very hard. Nipples more swollen. I was able to express clear honey colored :milk" very very very sticky. Not particularly sweet but some andn ot bitter at all. I have to go back and look at my jewel folaing from last year.Know I monitered her milk and remember getting the exact same stuff..and took a pic..just don't remember how many days it was til foaling...Anyone. no pics sorry as I was doing chores on the fly. I had thought when we finally moved to the country life would slow down a lil. UMM no!.

Best of Luck sounds like some exciting news very soon.

I thought the same thing as you about moving to the country. Life would slow down !! - Um No
default_thumbup.gif

Just went over my old thread on Jewels foaling last year., She foaled the same day I was writing the exact things I am writing about misty. Yup soon i thin k. I think this may be my last foal. I don't think I am going to do any more breeding after this year. fingers crossed for a healthy baby front feet and nose first:>)

Prayers coming your way for just that!!! Keep us posted, it's sounding VERY exciting!

it is storming out. lightening, wind, thunder and rain. ugh. I am going to lock her in the lean to and guess i will be sleeping in there later too...

Yep! Two front feet and a nose is the best way! Storms can bring on foalings so keeping my fingers crossed for you and an announcement very soon.
default_yes.gif

OMG!!! I'm so excited and can't wait to see the pictures!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

she is doing fine this morning.Nursing great, bonded with momma, firendly, curious, Misty ahs been de wormed w ivemectrin, got her 2cc of banamine last night, cord has been dipped,,all i have left to do is get some tetanus vaccine for them both. If I cant gett o my vets can I get that at TSC?I know i had some around here,,,,

anyway heere are a few pics of our new girl.She has gotten some pretty splayed frontlegs going..but I am thinking they should straighten with some strength? She is cute!

silverfillydd.jpgfillysilver.jpgfillysilverf.jpg

Back