Gay marriage - taking a step away from progress

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is refreshing to see a few on here, there post, and they remind me exactly why I like them. So you guys, thank you!

I love what the Rev. Tom Tate of Rose City Park United Methodist Church (Portland, OR) posted on their outdoor reader board:

"God Prefers Kind Atheists Over Hateful Christians"

Last edited by a moderator:

...and this bumper sticker:

Lord save me from your followers

Terri, I agree with both of your posts.

It is refreshing to see a few on here, there post, and they remind me exactly why I like them. So you guys, thank you!
Out of curiosity...(and back to the point of this thread)

Would that be the ones who are obeying the word of God and his bible and discriminating against homosexual people enjoying the same lifestyle we hetero's enjoy?

Or

Would that be the ones who are disobeying the word of God and his bible and not discriminating against homosexual people enjoying the same lifestyle we hetero's enjoy?

Hey, I am a christian, believe in the bible, not disobeying the word of God as "you will not judge" and believe that homosexual consenting adults have the same rights as heterosexual couples in the eyes of the law and for tax purposes, etc.

Hey, I am a christian, believe in the bible, not disobeying the word of God as "you will not judge" and believe that homosexual consenting adults have the same rights as heterosexual couples in the eyes of the law and for tax purposes, etc.
1 Corinthians 6:9

"Or do you not know that evil men do not inherit The Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; no fornicators, neither worshipers of idols, neither adulterers, neither sexual molesters, neither males lying down with males".

How about commandment #4? I'm betting you've been shopping on a Sunday or mucked out a stall or made dinner?
default_smile.png
There can't be many more important rules than the 10 commandments.

I know why you support gay marriage Danielle. It's because you're a good person
default_smile.png
and being the good person you are conflicts with what the bible (God) says you should be doing regarding homosexuals. I highly applaud any Christian who questions the morality and correctness of what the bible tells them to do on many levels and chooses not to blindly obey but to do the right thing. I mean let's face it we're not going to beat slaves, kill people who work on Sunday, stone unruly children to death etc. We're above that for goodness sake
default_smile.png

"neither males lying down with males" which version does this come from, the King James, the ???, or the ?? or the ? Everyone has a different translation AND as I said you have to read in the context it was written no just a few sentences taken out of the ENTIRE message and what surrounds why it was said. Depending, you could think Sunday was the day of rest or Saturday being the sabbath if you are Jewish. What you write about in the last paragraph comes from the old testament and these rules were given to the Israelites as punishment.... yada yada, again you have to read in it's entirety and proper context. :)

Depending, you could think Sunday was the day of rest or Saturday being the sabbath if you are Jewish.
So do you completely rest on one given day, Saturday, Tuesday?

Not sure what version that was from...didn't pay attention, sorry. They're all basically similar in their content though.

I always thought that both the Christians and Muslims derived their homophobic stance from Leviticus 18:22. but in reality, for the Christians, it comes from the Pauline epistles.

I think God would understand if you had a sick child or grandchild vomiting with the flu, I know I wouldn't go to H E L L for washing bedding and such in a case like that, even though some may say that you must follow the bible to the law and not question, just obey.

I think God would understand if you had a sick child or grandchild vomiting with the flu, I know I wouldn't go to H E L L for washing bedding and such in a case like that, even though some may say that you must follow the bible to the law and not question, just obey.
So it's okay if you have a really good excuse or a doctors note?

I find this quite fascinating how a mere human can presume it's okay to break their gods most important non breakable commandments because it's convenient for them that week ;) I mean if I had (and I do have!) a NO smoking rule in my house then it's a NO SMOKING IN MY HOUSE rule and I don't care if you just got home from the most horrible day of your life...don't bring that filthy thing into my home or your life will change lol. There are certain rules I have that get followed with blind obedience...No smoking, no shoes in the house...never had either rule broken yet and I'm certainly not accepting "but I needed to do the laundry in my shoes while smoking excuse". No wonder there are so many different churches under the blanket of Christianity when you can't even agree on if the gods most important rules are to be followed or not. Sure put the homosexual issue into perspective.

default_smile.png

Whatever one's religious beliefs, we were given brains to use, not to blindly follow without thought. Are you faithful, do you truly believe, if you follow without pondering other points of view, refusing to question, blindly trusting what you are told? I greatly respect those who come to their beliefs through questioning, debate and serious consideration. I may disagree, but they have my respect and admiration.

Sounds right to me, so you are saying the next time my grandaughter is sick and vomiting on a Sunday I just don't clean it up and just leave it till the Monday? Makes perfect sense to me, NOT
default_hypocrite.gif
Wouldn't the house just smell wonderful, ewww. Well I guess I just throw out the bedding and buy more, that could be a solution. I sure hope we don't all get sick at once, we would be sleeping on mattresses with no bedding, no sheets, no comforters or duvets, oh dear. Winter here gets pretty darn cold ya know, eh! I better buy some of those pjs with feet for the entire family. Won't grandma (me) and grandpa look real spiffy in those, ROFL. Like going back to childhood. They say as you get older you become childlike again
default_yes.gif

Sounds right to me, so you are saying the next time my grandaughter is sick and vomiting on a Sunday I just don't clean it up and just leave it till the Monday? Makes perfect sense to me, NOT
default_hypocrite.gif
Wouldn't the house just smell wonderful, ewww. Well I guess I just throw out the bedding and buy more, that could be a solution. I sure hope we don't all get sick at once, we would be sleeping on mattresses with no bedding, no sheets, no comforters or duvets, oh dear. Winter here gets pretty darn cold ya know, eh! I better buy some of those pjs with feet for the entire family. Won't grandma (me) and grandpa look real spiffy in those, ROFL. Like going back to childhood. They say as you get older you become childlike again
default_yes.gif
HAHAHA, what a terrible thought lol!

Go ahead and change the bed sheets...I sure ain't gonna get my undies in a twist over it. Certainly not going to grill you in heck forever for breaking the Rest Rule too lol.

I'm also putting my vote where my conscience is - for the rights of gays to marry their loved one, just like I married mine
default_smile.png

Considering I am gay I really doubt its the ones that feel I am the same as a sex offender or child molester.

Wherever the mother and daughters on the Tyra Banks show go in the afterlife would be my definition of he11.

Wherever the mother and daughters on the Tyra Banks show go in the afterlife would be my definition of he11.
HAHAHA makes me so glad there isn't such a place. Imagine the next 50 million years listening to those 3!

Gotta love the crazy lady in the other vid too. Took me ages to realize what "dork siding" was hahaha. Love how she took the money after the camera's left
default_smile.png
Those poor children - how that man doesn't get them out of there is beyond me...at least they're not growing up like the Tyra clones though.

LMAO I watched that episode of Wife Swap. that woman is totally nuts and is headed to a dark side of her own. LOL It is sad but there are more people like her out there. Her poor family looked like they had been slapped right in the face after they were so happy to have he at home first, I bet they wished they could have sent herr back.

Oh yes, then the hypocrite decided to take the tainted money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back