Gay marriage - taking a step away from progress

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

N my opinion I'm a Christian, that means to me, In Christ! Christ was born after the old testament, and his stories are told in the New testament. so my question is this, what testament does it say that being gay is a sin, the new or the old? If it is in the old then it is irrelevent. To Me. Christ was good, great and loved all, and asked us to love our neighbor as ourself, so maybe I need an education on religion.
So if we decide America should be founded on a foreign born Jewish guy who never spoke a word of English and fed and healed poor people for free, and prevented a women form being slut shamed and killed, and chose not to conform to either Political or Religious nonsense,

Now hey i am all for that!!!! When is America going to start that??

Jill, I do have to comment quietly on your continued miniwhinny "campaign" - for want of a better word.
default_no.gif

You really seem to be upset that she changed her screen name - I am not sure what the big deal is. People have changed their names on forums many times - and it was no big secret. Yet you keep referring to it and seem to feel it is indicative of... something. You continue to single her out and "know" she has an agenda of some kind. I have not seen her appropriating topics on any subject in any way - the discussions ebb and flow and take detours and circles all the time - no matter who is involved.

You have had no issues with sneering at/making fun of others in the past - so I confess that I find your "there you go again" comments to be puzzling. You seem to take offense at almost everything she says - so may I suggest that you simply scroll by her posts? Or maybe Mary Lou could get an Ignore button for the forum...
default_wink.png
default_wub.png

My problem has been with some snide and belittling remarks that come repeatedly from an individual on various subjects if you are not in complete agreement with this person. I do believe that this person may not always see the way this indivual comes across but for me personally it's always a "battle" and I am tired od battles, I do however enjoy respectul debates. Well, after reading Tag's post I thought Danielle just deal with it ;-) and the ignore/block feature is there for a reason... Which is now in place so I can participate without being made to feel like a piece of crap, sorry for the analogy
default_wub.png

Your correct Riverrose, we have gone from politics to religion. First I was under the impression that Americans felt that the Declaration of independance was of high importance to all and that the separation of government and religion a guarantee, so that is why I am confused. Homosexuality or Lesbianism is not a crime in the U.S. as it is in some middle eastern countries where religion and government go hand in hand and we see some of the results when we see someone executed for this lifestyle.

Depending on which version and which language you read the bible in, the original scripture was in Hebrew and Aramic, we have ended up with various words attributed that are not accurate. So your question about if homosexuality, is mentioned in the New Testament could be a yes in some versions that have been interpreted that way. There is no black or white or cookie cutter answer unless you believe that the version of the bible you read and follow is the only one and is the correct one. I have to be honest that I personally feel that organized religion, meaning, catholic faith, Protestant faith, baptist faith, Muslim faith, Etc, all they do is cause wars, death, discord. I am sure this is not what God wants.

You can not fault those individuals who are reading only one version that their religion adopted as the only way to interpret so they do truly believe that homosexuality is mentioned in the new testament. I am trying to get a better sense of how or why not all versions of the bible use the same terminology or meaning. I wish I spoke Hebrew or Aramic to be able to make a more personal decision. What I won't do is pass judgement .... God is the only judge, not man/woman. That is one thing I do know that most Christians agree on. For me the main commandment given to humankind is LOVE. With love in your heart for your fellow human you keep all God's commandments and I will leave it at that!

Last edited by a moderator:
This topic and the path it has ran is the main reason i got this tat.......

29639_450854181152_735241152_6023424_3147909_n.jpg

But there apparently is a lot of wiggle room
default_wink.png
- as most Christians do not follow all those other Old testament commands, edicts and laws. Why should that one - which may not even have been translated accurately - be held up as Law when many others aren't? Why are they not stoning rebellious sons to death? Why are they not putting gays to death? That is what it says in the Bible. Oh - and never eat any kind of shellfish. Shame on you. Having a slave is fine. Beating said slave to death is not... unless the slave manages to live 2 days after the beating in which case the owner who killed the slave is excused. Huh? If anyone in your family suggests another religion in any way - sorry, you must kill them. If a rape is committed in the town both the rapist and the victim must be stoned to death. The victim because she did not call for help loudly enough. If the rape is committed in the country, only the rapist must be stoned. It goes on and on. I think that clinging to selective Old Testament "laws" while ignoring the majority of them is a poor defense for discriminating against the gay population as many do based on what the Bible says. The God of the Old Testament is vengeful and bloodthirsty and orders the annihilation and murder of entire tribes/towns. Do we need to follow in that stead? No - of course not. Things are not black and white but many shades of grey.
This is a brilliant post that I've been trying to highlight throughout.

It's a very pick and choose situation.

This is a brilliant post that I've been trying to highlight throughout.

It's a very pick and choose situation.
Don't we all pick and choose when it comes to what we rely on to form our opinions? I think so. Up to and including how we define, and even embody, the quality of tolerance.

Danielle - I did not realize there was an ignore/block feature for the forum - I thought it only applied to PMs! Not that I am going t try it out...
There is a feature if you click on your name that is showing on the upper part of your screen showing that you are logged in, the feature to " ignore/block" individuals posts in the forums and in private messages. That feature I believe has been around since I became a member back in 1999.
There is one
default_yes.gif
. Of all the message boards I visit I've only ever found one person, who I'd label a mentally ill stalker from past consistent behavior, who prompted me to activate it...and it happens to be on this board. I've had the "ignore" button in use for months lol...it's actually pretty funny, no not pretty funny - hilarious, when you see someone having a one way rant and psychological meltdown when you not only haven't responded to them but haven't read one single word they've ever posted lol.
default_whistling.gif

It's a lovely button that I highly recommend
default_thumbup.gif

There is one
default_yes.gif
. Of all the message boards I visit I've only ever found one person, who I'd label a mentally ill stalker from past consistent behavior, who prompted me to activate it...and it happens to be on this board. I've had the "ignore" button in use for months lol...it's actually pretty funny, no not pretty funny - hilarious, when you see someone having a one way rant and psychological meltdown when you not only haven't responded to them but haven't read one single word they've ever posted lol.
default_whistling.gif

default_thumbup.gif
Gosh. Call me nosey, but I'd be interested to know who you've had on "ignore" for months!

ozy.JPG

There is one
default_yes.gif
default_whistling.gif
default_thumbup.gif
I have to add to, from advice I've received. If you do have someone committing cyber harassment/ bullying against you make sure that you or better still your attorney saves everything as an adobe file. It's becoming a crime they are taking very seriously and cyber bullies tent to want to edit their posts after posting. If you use the ignore button make sure you document the date. The only time it wont work is if you leave you page open and they post. Then their reply will show. Otherwise everything is blocked.

When it becomes obvious to even other than you are being stalked...you're building a pretty strong case for harassment. Especially when it's being "allowed" on monitored forum.

Since the ignore button got brought up, if someone you ignore or block starts a topic, does the thread show on the forum page at all?

I don't know, Sonya, but would be interested to know the answer.

Also, if someone here feels they are honestly threatened or harrassed by another member, vs having a difference of opinion, I'd highly recommend talking to a modetator. One reason the problems do not exist on LB is the great team of moderators
default_yes.gif

On other forums, a topic or post started by someone you have on ignore shows up as a very pale/faded name on the left and no avatar - and only a narrow blank bar to the right. You can click on the + in the right hand corner to look if you still want to. I tried it out at another horse forum to ignore vile, pathetic trolls that just post to run their mouths and insult people. Such are the perils of an unmoderated board, but they are easy to overcome!

Okay , this kind of behavior makes me sick, disgusting.

http://www.cnn.com/v...or-gay-rant.cnn
unbelievably disgusting. Humanity at it's lowest - and can't you tell by the way he talks that this is NOT an educated man. It's scary that there are people this hateful "leading" other hatefuls and no one can question them because it's not being "politically correct" because they're doing under the name of their religion. Thanks for posting this Danielle. This is like that christian group that wait at airports for returning troops.

This is a must watch video

My home is a hate free zone. We have raised our family with no racism and no discrimination. Everyone is welcome in our home. In fact as a side note I laughed so hard at one of my sons last Easter. He and his best friend went out for Easter brunch. Sounds normal right...until you realize these 2 best friends are Jewish and Buddhist so neither celebrates Easter lol. But they said the food was good
default_smile.png
Anyhow as I was saying...we have raised our kids to love and accept EVERYONE. They don't know what hate is. So imagine my outrage when I was driving my son to school one day last year. He's a christian so we've paid a hecka lot of money for a private christian school education for him, last year he was doing a course on christian apologetics. Can you imagine how horrified I was after raising my son to be hate free, to love and accept everyone when I looked across at his text book that he was reading and it was an entire chapter and how homosexual are sinners and how they are not "normal" and the bible says they are an abomination to their god.

OMG!!!!! Talk about being disgusted! I'd spent my entire life raising this child to be hate free and here was this Christian school filling his head with hate and discrimination. Believe me - I put an end to that pretty quickly lol.

I now have a sign on my door.

All welcome,

religions - leave your hate on the doorstep
default_smile.png
Then "welcome"
default_smile.png

(JK)

What that "minister" preached is absolutely DISGUSTING!!!
default_smileypuke.gif

Reverand Gaddy on the other hand, summed it all up VERY WELL in my opinion, explaining to so many that don't realize it, how the "quotes" that people take from the bible to make being gay wrong, are taken TOTALLY out of context!! So BRAVO to him!!
default_worshippy.gif

Your right Mona. This man is more the exception but the problem is he is in a position of "authority" in the church and he truly should not be. It is one thing to believe the bible literally and with various man made interpretations and variances in the translation and everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions and I respect that totally. We have some wonderful people on this forum such as Vickie, those who get their point across and their beliefs without resorting to this. The scary part is apparently he believes what he said is fine. I have to say when I heard it I had an image in my head when he described of "concentration camps". When I think of Hitler, I think of the devil incarnate and this man who is suppose to be a man of God has put himself in that same category for me with thos horrid words. If he thinks that's fine then I truly think this man needs some psychological help and should be removed as pastor/minister. JMHO

isnt it funny how a nation that was founded to allow freedom from religious persecution is now using religion to persecute freedoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back