Gay marriage - taking a step away from progress

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!!!! Talk about being disgusted! I'd spent my entire life raising this child to be hate free and here was this Christian school filling his head with hate and discrimination. Believe me - I put an end to that pretty quickly lol.
Thank godness you caught it early before it was drilled in his head. I simply cannot support a book that promotes hatred, violence, and discrimination. I question the morals and ethics of anyone that does!

All welcome,religions - leave your hate on the doorstep
default_smile.png
Then "welcome"
default_smile.png
Awesome! The only way to be!

How ironic that one of the biggest threats to life on this planet is the aurgument over who started it!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shame because, while I didn't click the link, I'm sure I know what's being said (I don't want to hear the hatefulness, either) and it's usually the fringe element of EVERYTHING that gives the mainstream element a bad image. People believe what they want, but the God I pray to is about love, not hate.

That pastor in NC from that CNN clip is an butt. No other way to say it. Locking up all the "queers" and the lesbians behind huge electric fences and letting them all die off as they cannot reproduce? What kind of a freaking moron is this guy? Where does he think they come from? Only gay parents? No wonder the church took that sermon video off their website... just wow.

default_no.gif

ETA: Jill, you should actually see the clip. It is sad to know that that kind of hatred and nonsense can be spread from the pulpit.

ETA2: Heh. The auto-censor on the forum turned a s s into butt.

Tag, unfortunately I already know the type of thing the video showcases. I don't need to see any more of it. It's sickening from Westboro preaching hate for gavs to Rev. Wright spouting hate of whites.
default_sad.png

This topic and the path it has ran is the main reason i got this tat.......

29639_450854181152_735241152_6023424_3147909_n.jpg
Oh no...quick get an eraser before you get spotted ;)

Leviticus 19:28 KJV2000

"You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord".

Oh no...quick get an eraser before you get spotted ;)

Leviticus 19:28 KJV2000

"You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord".
Uh huh, BUT you must look at the ENTIRE text before and after :) because apparently this was done when people died, they would put "cuttings...." etc as an "idol"..... and of course this was a taboo to the CULTURE at the time.

Yep, Ashley, you are going to heck they would tell you. Good grief.

P.S. I love your tattoo by the way.

I just finished watching a BBC documentary on Fred Phelps. It is absolutely mind boggling that an individual would hold such power and yet I see that the members of his so called "church" are 98% family, daughters, sons, grandkids, great-grandkids. I read about one of his son's leaving and speaking about the abuse (physical abuse) on his children when they were growing up and his wife. Nothing shocks me anymore and I know there is no help for this family, unless they leave like some of them have but I truly do pray that they can stop this hatred campaign. It is so sad to see a 5 or 4 year old yelling what they are and carrying signs that they don't even understanding the meaning of. It's truly unfortunately that these young children are truly being poisoned, their minds are being programmed to hate "America", to hate "Jews" and I won't write the other disgusting word they constantly use. And to go to funerals of your dead and heroic military personel yelling disgusting things.... they can't be sane, they just can't.

Uh huh, BUT you must look at the ENTIRE text before and after :) because apparently this was done when people died, they would put "cuttings...." etc as an "idol"..... and of course this was a taboo to the CULTURE at the time.
Exactly
default_smile.png

This is a book written a long time ago with very little relevance to today like Tag said a page or two back in her post about picking and choosing which parts to obey.

IMO things become racist/homophobic etc when certain parts but not the whole are chosen. Common sense and common decency must prevail
default_smile.png

I don't look to pop lyrics for wisdom, but I've always liked this Sting lyric:

"Men go crazy in congregation, they only get better one by one."

Just like packs of roaming wild dogs, the worst of human nature is encouraged and magnified in gatherings of fearful, hateful individuals. My guess is that there are members of that cretin's congregation who disagree, but are afraid to speak up.

Wherever one stands on this issue, it is easy to "sing with the choir," but it takes strength to stand alone. I hope more individuals find the strength to stand for what is right.

The posted video is worth watching for the Reverend Welton Gaddy's counterpoint, proving that not all clergy, even those from more conservative sects, are bigoted or closed-minded.

Gives you goosebumps considering this speech was made just before 9/11. Also, thanks to the LB moderating team and everyone participating in this topic for allowing it to continue. Free expression on all sides is what makes us a free nation!

Well said Susanne
default_smile.png

"Your right Mona. This man is more the exception but the problem is he is in a position of "authority" in the church and he truly should not be. It is one thing to believe the bible literally and with various man made interpretations and variances in the translation and everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions and I respect that totally. We have some wonderful people on this forum such as Vickie, those who get their point across and their beliefs without resorting to this. The scary part is apparently he believes what he said is fine. I have to say when I heard it I had an image in my head when he described of "concentration camps". When I think of Hitler, I think of the devil incarnate and this man who is suppose to be a man of God has put himself in that same category for me with thos horrid words. If he thinks that's fine then I truly think this man needs some psychological help and should be removed as pastor/minister. JMHO"
Danielle, I am not sure if I understand you or not, but to me, it sounds like you misunderstood my post. I was sayiong I am TOTALLY AGAINST what that idiot minister SPEWED from his mouth. The Reverand Haddy that I referred to as being a GOOD source of information, was the guy that was being interviewd by the news guy...not the one in the church preaching HATE to the congregation.

Okay, I went ahead and took a look at the video. Not all of it. I already know the world contains some crazies, and that they do not represent the majority of ANYONE.

But, yeah... he wants to "fence in gays so they will die out."

Did anyone tell him where gays actually come from? As I understand it, they usually come from straight couples.

What a dumb---
default_thumbdown.gif

Hmm, you're right, I did come from straight parents. And funny that, so did my wife! Hmm perhaps he should cage our parents too so that they don't pass on the 'gay gene' either!

I quit reading somewhere in the middle. If you want to argue bible thoughts, the bible also states no sin is greater than another. I don't remember the verse sorry that was back in my Lutheran school days.
default_smile.png
We are all sinners, who are any one of you to judge another.

How can I call two people who have committed themselves to each other, live good hard working lives, and are basically good people at heart bad? Why should they not be allowed the security that if something were to happen to one or the other that everything they have worked for together is not stolen by family members who did not agree with their lifestyle? Taking everything away from the partner because it happened to be in their relatives name?

Personally I would rather be around a married nice committed gay family than a rightous finger pointing hellfire and darnation person any time. Yes I do believe in God, just not a lot of Christians.

Yes I do believe in God, just not a lot of Christians.
Reminds me of a great quote by Mohandas Gandhi although he did not believe in a god he summed it up pretty well.

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ".

Sadly there are a lot of Christians who use the bible to point their fingers at others....shame they don't realize that when you point a finger at someone there are 3 others pointing back at you.

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ".
Aint that the truth!

I have always said, i do not have a problem with Jesus, just his fan club!

Aint that the truth!

I have always said, i do not have a problem with Jesus, just his fan club!
Oh, please... don't write off all Christians because a handful are misguided. Most are such good, kind, and sincere people. If you look at the FRINGE element of ANY group, you won't like what you see.

No Jill but a lot more do not live like Christians than you believe. I like a true Christian that does not go all preachy, I want to see how they live and live it like a Christian. Words are a dime a dozen. That goes for any situation, friends?are they true or just talk it to your face? People talk all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back