Dog Pack trouble

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony so sorry for your loss of such beautiful horses. Hope the dogs are found and destroyed aand the owners are made to pay for your losses. :no:
default_sad.png

My God! You must be devastated, I know that I would be. Prayers to you and the animals who were harmed. I hope you hunt down and destroy that pack of dogs, and make their owners (if any) take responsibility for what happened.

OMG Tony!

I am just sick over this! Crying too over your loss' and little Mary Queen Of Spots my favoriate of your mares. This is too tragic!

Beth

Tony, you need to hire 3 or 4 marksmen and position them in strategic places on your farm. Nothing less would work. Get the dogs first then with their bodies as evidence, go after the thoughtless humans who used to own them. All the sorries have been said but I'd like to add mine. I can't imangine the pain you and your family are going through. God, not Bingo!!! I just lost a mare and was devistatedI am just so very sorry, my prayers are with you.

Ginny StP

Tony, there is nothing new I can add here. It's all already been said.

Just wanted you to know that my heart is crying for you.

I am so sorry for your losses. My heart goes out to your little horses. This is just so tragic. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I so hope your injured horses make complete recoveries and I am heartsick about Traveler. I, like so many others, have admired your horses from afar and feel part of the pain of your loss. I cannot imagine the real grief you are feeling. {{{{Hugs to you and your family}}}}

I hope this senseless killing stops now. I hope the injured ones heal quickly. Sending prayers for your family ...as I know what each of these horses ment to you. So sad..I am so sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry. I hope you find those dogs, it is horrible that these animals are allowed to run loose and cause so much damage. :no:

My thoughts will be with you
default_sad.png

:eek:
default_sad.png
Well I'm totally speechless once again! I won't say much as I know there's nothing I can offer except to say I send my sincere love and hope for the injured horses still alive and hugs to you and all on your farm.

I know also you must have many family members and workers on your place devasted and I prayer for their well being too.

Maxine

Tony Im so terribly sorry for your loss! I cant imagine how you must be feeling right now! :no:

That is one of the most horrible things ever. It's different if it's a wild animal, still bad, but just horrendous if it's a domestic dog. My husband and I both say you need some people there with 30-06 rifles and SHOOT TO KILL. Don't mess around with a .22, go for a rifle. I shot the neighbor's heeler in the head with a .22 2 years ago and the darn thing is still alive. You could also just "injure" one of the dogs enough to scare it away and hopefully track it to it's home. Another thought - once you get those dogs, scan them for a microchip. Never know, they may have had a caring owner at one time you can track them back to.

A miniature donkey breeder friend of mine had the same thing happen in her 1-3 year olds pasture last fall and she lost 6 TINY mini donkeys and it was the neighbor's dogs and they just claim ignorance. Those dogs turned on them too when they tried to chase them away.

I have NO respect for people that let their dogs run. It's rude and dangerous. I feel very bad for you and your loss. I hope you can gain some peace of mind and hunt some dogs down. I hope you can talk to someone in local law enforcement and get some financial reimbursement too. How terrible.

Although you, nor I could not have prevented this, I know your pain all too well. Loosing 2 was simply horrific. Please keep us informed as to how the others do. WE did end up killing the biggest dog, and they seem gone for now, but, I am terribly parinoid. Take care of your survivors. I pray for you all.

Alicia

Oh Tony, It has all been said by those before me. Best wishes to all those in the deer stand. I pray their aim is true. And my prayers to you and your family and little ones.

[SIZE=18pt]
default_sad.png
Tony, Words fail me as I read your losses! :no: I hope these dogs are found and destoryed soon! Losses like this would put a lot of small breeders out of business! My thought's and prayers go out to you and your family![/SIZE]

Bill

Tony, OMG, Such tragic losses - worse than tragic. We suffered a dog attack kill back in the mid 1990s, which resulted in us fencing all of our pastures in field fence all the way to the ground, five foot high with barb wire on the top plus woven gates also to the ground- ..............and the dogs will always return - always - when the dogs returned back to our farm - we were waiting for them with our rifles and permission from animal control to shoot them. Unfortunately we never found their owners - animal control said it appeared they were stray dogs - dropped off and they formed a pack

I'm so, so, so very sorry for your losses and pray that those on the deer stands will not miss.

Edited: I shared your horrible tragedy with my husband, he said he recommends those on the stand use a 22-250 rifle as it is deadly accurate with a scope at around a 1000+ feet, it is actually designed as a long distance "varmit" gun. A google search will show several models that are available and their benefits/range. This is the gun that we now use as our land is long and flat. During our search for the dogs that attacked our lifestock, you could see them way off in the distance - however the existing rifles we had at the time, were not as effective. A neighbor loaned him his 22-250 and that is what we used and it was effective. I wish you were closer to us - I would gladly bring over our rifles, tree stands and a group of hunters.

Last edited by a moderator:
OH Tony I am so sorry for your loss to you and your family. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated on the recovery of the survivors.

:no:

I am so very very sorry Tony. What a horrible thing to loose so many of you favorite horses. I've been away from home (and computer) for a couple of days and just got around to reading your post. We have one neighbor dog that worries me a lot, but to have a whole pack of wild dogs do something so horrific is beyond nightmarish. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry. When I opened this topic I didn't expect to read about so many losses--this is worse than I'd imagined from the title!

I sure hope that you can get these dogs--all of them--& then like Jean B said, go after the owners. People can be so stupid.

I can only imagine the horror that Lauren and Carol must must have felt. It was awful enough that they had to take care of this tragic senseless act but to have to do it without you there must have even made the whole event even that much harder to deal with on their own. Please let them know my prayers are with them and you and your horses..I am so very sorry.

Tony, Carol, and Lauren, I just dont know what to say. Words cannot begin to express how I feel over your horrible loss. I had no idea it was this many horses. I can only hope you find the dogs and the owners and justice is done. I am so very sorry this happened. Corinne

Latest posts

Back