Dog Pack trouble

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:new_shocked: OMG...Tony, I am SO sorry for your loss....I cant even imagine what you must be going through!
default_sad.png

Best of luck with getting the pack under control...hope it doesnt happen again!
default_unsure.png
:

-Kris

So sorry to now hear about the llama. These dogs have the taste of blood and seem to just keep going and going. Hope you can get all the help possible to get these dogs taken down. Your farm has my prayers and will be thinking of you as night comes on.

Joyce in CT

Oh, they got the llama too! How horrible.. You and your horses have been in my thoughts today.. Praying for the saftey of your horses and guard animals. I have a son of Xenon, and he is the best. I just can't imagine such horrible things happening to amazing horses.

This just gets scarier and scarier! The Llama TOO??? Those dogs need to be TAKEN DOWN.

MA

I'm so sorry this is happening to you and your precious little horses and critters. Dog attacks are always so tragic.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful horses and Llama. My heart goes out to you and your family. Keeping you all in my prayers....

Take care and God Bless...

Oh I am so sorry for your losses!
default_sad.png
They all looked like beautiful horses! I know what it's like. I had one of my show rabbit herds running outside and a pack of lose coyotes in the area attacked them all and killed them all! I lost all of my hard work and pride in my bunnies but I just learned from my mistakes and restarted over and over again. That is so terrible! I hope that those dogs are put down and the owners are held responsible for the damages! I'm so sorry! :no: :no:
default_sad.png

Mini Horse Lover

Words are not enough at times like this, my heart goes out to you and the family, can't even imagine all the levels of pain and loss of beautiful horses, and now the llama too. :no:

I am sitting here after reading your initital post and the update and I am truly at a loss for words. I just can't imagine going through something so horrible and your sweet animals going through something so horrendous! Oh and I can imagine how traumatized your wife and daughter and you are as well. I too wish I lived closer because I would also be out there shooting those dogs!! What is the matter with these dog owners??????

My only suggestion as others have mentioned is perhaps try to keep the horses in the pastures closer to the house perhaps. I know you have lots of land which makes it more difficult to remedy this situation. If you can't move them all close are their farms in the immediate area that would take some of your horses that you can't keep close to the house until you kill these darn dogs? Try to enlist the help of friends, etc so that you have 24/hour surveillance so you can shoot these dogs sooner than later. What does your sherrif's department say about this, can they not help out in some way? I just can't believe what you are going through, I am so very sorry.

I truly hope you not only find and kill these dogs but I hope to heck that you find the STUPID owners of these animals and sue the pants off of them. The pain and suffering not only of your animals but the pain and suffering of your family for going through this and of course the value of these horses.....

If I were you I would put it int he local paper and ask and enlist the help of "hunters". I am sure you would have these dogs gone very quickly once the story hit the papers and the t.v. I wouldn't wait another minute... as someone said what if Lauren was out in the field and these dogs came out of nowhere and attacked her or your wife..... Time to get this in the media and quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Tony I am so sorry.

I hope you are a good shot.

I didn't read all of the posts so I hope by now you have done away with some or all of them by now.

Tony I am so very sorry for your terrible loss, this is absolutely unbelievable. I hope someone is able to get these dogs before they do any more damage.

I am so sorry. I hope that you kill everyone of those dogs. I hope whoever owned them and let them loose rots in ****.

:no: tragic...horrifying...terrible and terrifying in the biggest sense of the word, sóóó senseless
default_sad.png
:no:

I feel for you and your family and keeping my fingers crossed for a good shot/aim.

Tony

Lauren, Carol, Jasper, all the people of who loved these little horses, and most of all to the horses

who were injured, killed, or fought hard not to be, but had to see their buddies being killed, I am

so beyond sorry. The terror these poor babies must have felt, is beyond heart breaking.

Tony, you guys lost some really great horses, this year as well last year with the beautiful tiny

Appaloosa filly Alexrandria. Wow, she was so goregous. My heart just breaks. I know its really

hard on you, and I know for Lauren and Carol to.

I think the deer stand is great, do you know where the dogs are coming in, will the dogs change and

come in a different area. I know the cost of the no climb fence will expensive, but I think it would be

so worth it. Can you keep them around the house, till you can over time start adding the new fence, I

would add some or a lot of hot wire to. Do the dogs only attack at night or do they attack in the day as

well? I to think the media can help. But I think the fence is the most important part.

Saying prayers for you, your family and most of all the horses.

Vicky

I am in total shock from the carnage that happened at your place! There are no words that can express the deep sorrow I feel for you and your family. As I was reading I could not believe that it could happen to that many. The only recourse is to make sure every last dog is dead, they are on a killing rampage and will not stop. My thoughts and prayers will be with you in your fight and for your loss.

I can't even imagine! I don't know what to say exept for that I am praying for you!

Tony

I was wondering how you all were doing?Looks like a silly question I know but what I mean is HOW ARE YOU REALLY DOING?

This sort of thing leaves forever scars that don't go away.

Now these animals have experienced hunting ,killing and tasting blood they are forever changed as well.I feel media is the way to go with this and ask for professional help,let people see the carnage first hand.You know they say a picture is worth a 1000 words show them.

I feel badly for the dogs as well, owners who move to the country HAVE to get a dog then kick its butt out the day first thing and last thing at night to roam wherever.

The dogs aren't to blame the owners are and should be forced to PAY AND PAY not that it can be repaid but these days the only way to get these peoples attention is to hit their wallets!

I DON'T CARE WHERE YOU LIVE PEOPLE, IF YOUR DOGS RUN LOOSE YOU ARE AS BAD AS THESE PEOPLE. I KNOW YOUR DOG NEVER LEAVES YOUR PROPERTY.......YEAH RIGHT..I HEAR THAT ALL UP AND DOWN MY ROAD.WHY ARE YOUR DOGS ALWAYS ON MY PROPERTY THEN!

OOPS SORRY THIS MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL.

Again Tony I am so sorry,just do what you have to in order to give you and yours some peace.

Bonnie

OMG Tony, I think I would just die if something like this happened here
default_sad.png
. I am soooooooooo sorry for your losses. This is terrible and tragic. Obviously these dogs have gotten a taste for horse and they MUST be destroyed! Good luck.

Latest posts

Back