Dog Pack trouble

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG! I can't say anything that hasn't already been said...but am sitting here in utter disbelief that the animal control hasn't done something already. As horrible as it has already become...I agree, that next, it will be small children dragged from their yards and mauled or killed.

This is so past the "shoot-shovel-shutup"...I would be tempted to do what that other farmer did, and hang them outside my gate. I only hope the guard dogs that can't be found haven't joined them...or, haven't been so injured they can't return.

OMG Tony, I am so very, very sorry... this is just heartbreaking. :no:

Before I got into Mini's I saw a pic of your little Bingo on your website and swore he was one of the neatest horses I had ever seen. Outstanding! And to think that he and so many other of your gorgeous little ones were killed is just incomprehensible....

I am so very very sorry for your losses Tony, I wish there was something we could do to help... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your little ones.

Nancy

Tony-

I, too can't even begin to comprehend your loss.

I hope that the local media has been alerted -- TV as well as newspapers. This pack of dogs is a threat to the safety of everyone in your community.

Like others have said, it may turn out that these are pets. Few people realize that when dogs run in packs, instict takes over. The more people you have on the look out for these dogs, the better for everyone!

Oh no! This is absolutely horrible, beyond belief. I am SO sorry for your losses, I can't begin to imagine the horror and heartbreak of it all.
default_sad.png
I hope you are able to kill all of those dogs before you lose any more horses.

*crying for your family*

I am so sorry for your loss.I would let anyone and everyone in the area that ANY DOG who comes on your property will be shot!!People will think twice about letting their pet dogs loose.When dogs get in a pack(even pet nice dogs)they can become a viscious killing animal.2 of my Corgis attacked another of my Corgis this week in their fenced play yard&probably would have killed her if Karl hadn't been outside to rescue her.These 3 dogs have been together for almost 5 months with no problems.The pack frenzy takes over and they get out of control.Again I am so sorry for your loss.I hope you find the guard dogs.

Tony, I cannot express in words my horror, devastation, and fury at what has happened to your beautiful horses.

While I am nonviolent and a dog lover, heaven help any human or beast who hurts those that I love. If I had the means, I would GLADLY come down and help stand watch until those dogs are caught and destroyed. They are a menace to all.

I hope that some people in your area can help you, both in catching those dogs and bringing the owners and negligent authorities to task. If there is anything I can do here, just let me know -- at the very least, I can write a powerful letter or article.

Finally, I am so sorry for the personal devastation. I know that your horses are not just your business, but your life's work and your love, your other children. The loss of these horses are a tremendous blow to the breed as a whole, but each one is also a beautiful life that will be sorely missed. Please extend my condolences to Carol and Lauren, and please take care!

susanne

OMG!!! :new_shocked: I AM SO SORRY TONY! :no:

I hope the ones that were injured pull through okay! :no: To read this sends shivers down my spine and it just makes me sick that someone's dogs did this! :new_shocked:

I am an animal lover too...BUT... THOSE DOGS NEED TO BE KILLED OR EUTHANIZED! PERIOD!!
default_torch.gif
: :no: You and your family have suffered so many losses and injuries due to these dogs attacking and killing your horses in the last couple of years! This is just TERRIBLE! :eek: :no:

You have some magnificent animals and take great pride in your breeding program and now some of your herd is gone including breeding stallions and mares! :no:

All I can say is I hope you kill those dogs before they attack again! The deer stand is a good idea because at least humans will be out of harms way if those dogs turn from the horses to humans. I would also (as heartwrenching as it may be) take a video camera with night vision and set it up to film what happens when the dogs come and the demise of the dogs when they are killed. That way you have documentation that those dogs were indeed doing what you have been claiming they had done.
default_sad.png
I think it would be idea to go about it that way just "in case" the "owners" :no: try to come back at you for killing "their beloved dog/dogs" :no: ...As sue happy as people can be these days you can never be to sure... Well GOOD LUCK AND BE CAREFUL! I hope you find your two guard dogs too!

My heart breaks for you right now! :no:

Keep us posted on the situation and I hope all goes well with your injured little ones.

(((HUGS))))

Jeri

I would also (as heartwrenching as it may be) take a video camera with night vision and set it up to film what happens when the dogs come and the demise of the dogs when they are killed. That way you have documentation that those dogs were indeed doing what you have been claiming they had done.
default_sad.png
I think it would be idea to go about it that way just "in case" the "owners" :no: try to come back at you for killing "their beloved dog/dogs" :no: ...As sue happy as people can be these days you can never be to sure... Well GOOD LUCK AND BE CAREFUL! I hope you find your two guard dogs too!

My heart breaks for you right now! :no:

Keep us posted on the situation and I hope all goes well with your injured little ones.

(((HUGS))))

Jeri

I TOTALLY agree with this... with proof of what their dogs have done, they CANNOT deny it...! We have a "shoot to kill" policy at the ranch... and will NOT hesitate to shoot anything that comes on the land! Even though my sister and I lease a portion of my friends ranch... we all know that we cannot tolerate any dog on the property that doesn't belong there.. (my friend has two dogs that are guard dogs.. and her aussie dog Sam has run down several strays on the property....) and while I DO feel sorry for the dogs, we cannot and will not take a chance on anything running the horses down...

Again, I hope that these dogs are found and put down soon... before Tony loses anymore horses, or worse yet... a family member....

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

I read this thread with increasing disbelief at the enormity of this ongoing tragedy!!!!!!!!

You must be beside yourself with a huge mix of emotions!

I cannot even fathom this happening........

Obviously, I am deeply sorry for your horrendous loss and the ongoing fear, you must feel, that these dogs will strike again.

Clearly, these dogs have formed a strong pack with extreme hunt drive and aggression. I hope they can be stopped immediatley they sound like a very dangerous pack to have lurking anywhere nearby.

I send you deep sympathy for what you, your family and your animals have endured!

Hope we see an update soon that the 'pack' have been found.

The only problem with alerting the media at this point, is if the dogs DO belong to someone, they will just lock them up til it blows over on the news and then they will be at it again. Tony, do what needs to be done first- these dogs do not deserve another chance and unfortunately have become quite good at this. Once they get the taste for blood, they will never stop and cannot be 'retrained' not to!!

The Anatolians, in my opinion, seem to think that if they can see it, it's theirs. And if they can get off the property to run on what they 'see', that is ok by them.

This is a sickening shame and a HORRIBLE story. Tony I am SO SORRY.

Oh My Gosh, Tony,

This is just awful!! I feel so bad for those beautiful horses, they certainly do not deserve to die like this.

I just cannot think of the words to express how awful I feel for you and your family. I feel just sick inside and I can't imagine the awful feelings you and your family are having right now.

I am so sorry.

Hugs and prayers for you as you deal with this horrific loss.

Oh, Tony, my heart goes out to you and Carol and Lauren for this devastating loss. Such beautiful horses they all were! I cannot even imagine how difficult this would be. I pray justice will prevail.

Rita

OMG, Tony I can't put into words how sad this is. I like your idea of baiting the dogs, they need to be killed or they will never stop.

It just makes me sick .... I am so sorry for you, your family, and the poor minis.

So Tragic :no: I would be getting me some dogs !!!!!

Tony,

You know how much I love your horses, and value your "mentorship". I am so sad about this happening to you and your family as well as the little horses.

All I know to do is pray for a solution for you to keep this from ever happening again.

And you can be sure I will.

Susan O.

This is everyone's worst nightmare- my heart goes out to you and to your family. I cannot, do not want, to even imagine what it must be like. I love my dogs, but if they did something like this I think I would shoot them myself, I know it is not the dog's "fault" there is nothing intrinsically evil about a dog killing- we applaud them when they bring down vermin or game, after all. I would like to get my hands on the owners- and they do have owners- these are not "wild" or Feral dogs.

Too long has lapsed since last they attacked- if they had been feral they would have been back before.

Feral dogs hunt for food, although they do give in to frenzy if the food is easy, but my best guess is that these dogs are fairly well cared for pets, that have ganged up and formed a pack.

Think about it- they only come now and again, and the numbers vary.

These are dogs who cannot always get away from home and cannot always manage to join the pack, not animals fighting to stay alive.

I think you need to hire a professional- these dogs need to be hunted down.

Were the horses insured??

If so, the insurance company may well pay for the Hunter.

Whatever the outcome, you and your family will all be in my prayers tonight, and my thoughts in the days to come.

God Bless you all, Tony, and give you protection and peace.

Tony, I have no words to express my horror and sorrow in this yet another tragic loss. If I were closer my son and I would set up and shoot the dam things with you. I wish you well in elimanating all of them, and will pray for the safety of the others.

OMG Tony, I am so very sorry to hear of this. I hope you get them all. I hate wild dogs so much. I am just in awe over this. You have lost just too much to these wild dogs. Yep! Its high time to take action and get rid of them dang dogs once and for all. This is just so horrible and just too sad.

{{{Hugs}}}

Joyce

Oh Tony, I have just read your post and I am in tears. How terrible for you and your family to have this tragic loss and to know the terror these precious little ones had to deal with. Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you. Wish we were closer we would sure help you tract them down. My heart is breaking for you. Anne

Back