Dog Pack trouble

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, so sorry for your losses.

I sure hope that you can eliminate those dogs soon so they can't do any further damage

and that the owners are made to pay for their inexcusable lack of responsibility that

has caused such pain and agony for you, your family and your poor wee horses.

[SIZE=12pt]How tragic & senseless. :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: [/SIZE]

My heart goes out to you & your family. I hope you find a way to destroy ALL of these dogs & stop these attacks before you lose anymore of your beloved minis.

Tony, I'm so very sorry for all the tragedy you've suffered from these dogs! When I saw the topic, I thought, "Oh, no, not again!" But I had no idea what I was about to read! I can't believe how many beautiful horses you've lost. I have a grandson and granddaughter of Xenon, and they're two of my very best horses! I'm praying for a full recovery for all the injured ones, and peace for the others. May your aim be true!

Melba

What a horrific trajedy...I am so very sorry for the losses of all of your little ones.
default_sad.png

This is so tragic. I hope the dogs can be destroyed and their owners held responsible.
[SIZE=12pt]How horrible - what a loss, so sorry.[/SIZE]

Lori

Tony,

I have no words other than to offer my sincerest sympathies to you and your family - I cannot even imagine coming home to find this had happened at my farm - but to have it happen twice.....

Oh Tony! :no: I'm SOOO sorry you've lost so many wonderful horses. Wish I was close enough to help you stand guard.

Tony,

I'm so sorry to read this. How devastating a loss for you and your family. Your poor minis. The ones that died such horrible deaths, but those that were in there as well to witness it.

One of my first minis was bitten by a dog and to this day the others there will try to stomp any canines they see. Our llamas have helped with the occasional coyote - but a pack of dogs, that would be awful.

We came home to two dogs from town having decimated our flock of chickens and turkeys - I tried to run them down with the van - so I know how angry you must be. I know keep a gun handy and will shoot any dog on our property period!

I hope you can track and shoot all the dogs and hopefully find their owners to hold them accountable. It so often is 'Fido' the beloved pet that runs loose that is dangerous.

You, Carol, Lauren and your minis are in our thoughts and prayers.

Tony, I am so sorry. My prayers go out to you and your family. Sheila :no: :no: :no:

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY :no: I KNEW MANY OF THOSE HORSES AND WORKED WITH THEM AND AS TONY SAID, I LOVED SILVER FLASH VERY DEARLY AND SO WANTED HER TO DENMARK.
default_crybaby.gif
:

I STILL LOVE HER VERY DEARLY AND USE HER FOR MY AVATAR ON MSN MESSENGER
default_bye-sad.gif
: BYE FLASH, YOU WERE VERY SPECIAL

GIVE ME A RIFLE AND I WOULD SIT THERE AND SHOOT EVERY SINGLE OF THOSE DOGS, MAY THEY BURN IN heck.
default_torch.gif
:

STERLING TOO? POOR LITTLE BOY, HE WAS SO LOVELY *SIGH*

MAY THEY ALL REST PEACEFULLY AFTER THESE TRAGIC EVENTS, WITH GREEN PASTURES AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE.

JESPER

Update: They got one of our llamas this morning while my helper was watching in one pasture, they attacked another near the house.

OMG! :new_shocked: I cannot beleive this.....It is like a war going on.....How awful..... I wish we were closer, my husband would be helping you hunt these dogs down!

Update: They got one of our llamas this morning while my helper was watching in one pasture, they attacked another near the house.

OMG this calls for all out war on these dogs. I feel so bad and understand how you must feel so helpless, you can only be in so many places at one time. I am so sorry I hope this will end soon for you without anymore losses.

Tony, it makes me sick hearing of this, too bad you can't find who owns them and make them responsible for the losses!! Tony, have you considered putting a "field fence up around your place, i know it's large and would be costly but it keeps the dogs out of my friends place. they just look at them thru the fence.

Tony..are these dogs just killing to kill or are they feeding on the animals?? Sooo sorry and I hope you get them ALL..
default_sad.png
default_sad.png

Tony,

I am very sorry for your numerous losses, but it sounds like it is time to bring in some hunters. These dogs have now tasted fresh blood and they are going to continue to return to the area where they can get a free meal until they are eliminated. I would suggest that if you have a local hunting association that you contact them and see if they can help. This is now a pack of wild dogs that will not stop until they are stopped. I do not condon hunting but these animals now seem to be killing for the fun of killing and they are now a danger to your entire neighborhood.

Once again Tony I am sorry for you losses

Tony,...My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you :no: ,.......How very tragic,.....I hope you can find those horrible dogs and JUSTICE is done!!!

What beautiful babies you had there.

Tony, your post has me crying. To think they got your favorites too is so unbelievable and what a horrible thing. I hope you get the dogs who did all this and an eye for an eye. I am so sorry.

Joyce

OMG Tony, Sounds like these %$#^& dogs have it out for your herd! :no: And now the Llama! :no:

Is there a way you could extend your hot wire all the way around your pastures. I know that would be a huge job in itself as your place is sooo big. But from the sounds of it you would need a Jurassic Park type fence and the hot wire might not even bother the dogs with all the hair on them. Humm! Then also a no climb fence would be very costly with the amount that you would have to buy!

Is there a way that you could move the herd closer to the house and then put poison bait out for the dogs?

The way its going your not going to have any horses left and you sure have lost some very expensive ones that can't be replaced.

Oh maybe a big hog trap might work. We had a big one long time ago that would hold about 10 hogs. Even had a panel roof on it so they couldn't get out. Once they go threw the door and all the way back to where the food is then they trip the door and it slams down and you have them! Just food for thought!

This just makes me sick and so very sad to hear about this as I know its putting a strain on you and Carol and Lauren.

Wish I lived closer I would come up and help you out. Wouldn't be the first time I shot dogs.

Hugs and prayer that you (kill them all) may your aim be right on target!

Joyce

S.A. Texas

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony,

default_sad.png
I am terribly sorry to hear about this trajedy. Please keep us updated. I know you are proably away from the computer more than normal watching for this pack. I pray you will get them all soon. It sound as if they are becoming more intent on thier hunting. PLease keep us posted on your injured stallions and how they are doing.

Latest posts

Back