Daisy's foaling thread-MAIDEN

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Diane!!! I think I was so used to her being so round. Thanks for the comparison photos. It's very hard to wait for this baby to grace this world. Her udder has really gone down though in the last week but after reading some of the threads on here that sounds fairly normal this year.

I totally agree with Diane, she is making slow but sure progress just as she should Andrea
default_smile.png
so don't worry.

well Daisy is back on track udder is full and warm/hot she actually had 2 cow patties in a matter of 15 mins but still testing at 7.8 soooo.....will go check in in about an hour or so. I have to bottle feed a little baby calf...it's so tiny and cute, can't wait for Daisy's foal and the calf to meet

Daisy sure is a cute mare...cant wait to see her foal
default_smile.png

thanks Bonny I guess all the cow patties last night ment that she ate too much grass lol no foal...hopefully she keeps progressing now no more steps backwards

it sure would be thoughtful of her to have this baby now, maybe then I`ll get some sleep and maybe a bit of a social life back
default_new_rofl.gif
I think she is getting closer, if only her ph would drop a bit more....do you think it`s ok to let her out in the rain for a bit...I don`t want her to get chilled but she was really wanting out

well you were right she loved the rain and is filthy!! lol oh well. The rain is actually very welcomed. We were very dry. Today has turned into movie day. Well in the matter of 18 hours I adopted 2 little calves....moms abanded them. Will post pics tonight.

Ahh poor calves, you will have plenty to do now then, how often do they need to eat?

they eat 2x/day. still bottle feeding, they aren't sucking very well so it takes a while. Hoping we can get them onto pail feeding and it'll be quick

1 has caught on to bottle feeding the other one I hope picks it up quick it took 45 mins to feed her. Sorry it was raining all evening/night so no pics

daisy's ph is now inbetween 6.2 and 6.8. Her udders have filled a ton since losing it all but I think she has a bit more filling to go. Just have to run the boys to ball practise then I'll grab some pics
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back