Daisy's foaling thread-MAIDEN

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she is doing great. Udders seem to either gone down or not filling. Her hooha seems to be elongating and turning color and her bum is really mushy. She is starting to get very cranky with me. Not letting me touch her udders. I'll try to post pics tonight

Great thanks
default_smile.png
Have the cows finished calving yet? Any pics of the calves?

Last edited by a moderator:
haha, no unfortunetly not...just had to pull one an hour ago and now he took the barn so poor Daisy gets to graze all night, hopefully she doesn't go tonight
default_pray.gif
I'll snap some pics of the calves that we have in the yard when I get some more of Daisy

Hi and welcome to the nut horse!
default_xbud.gif

Nothing like your first foal
default_smile.png

Your girl looks like a sweety, would love to see daddy pics when you're allowed to as well
default_thumbup.gif

Daisy is looking great - I think you stll have a little while to go yet. No reason not to keep a very close eye on her though, just in case, but I think she needs to put a little more 'work' on her udder and hooha.

That little calf is gorgeous, but we cant have him kicking Daisy out of the barn, he will just have to share!
default_yes.gif

Thanks for the pics, we love calves here
default_yes.gif
Daisy is progressing very nicely.
default_thumbup.gif

how long do you think? 1-2 weeks? AnnaC-Daisy just got kicked out for one night..we had to pull a calf (not the one in the pic) and wanted to leave the momma and babe in the barn for the night-Daisy likes to get the cattle worked up lol

She is looking great
default_smile.png
when you get time can you take pic of her udder from behind as it makes it easier to see if it is full.

Thanks Renee

007.JPG014.JPGjust checked her when I got home and her one teat is dripping...it doesn't seem to be terrily engorged but a difference from this morning...here are the pics of her udders this morning, it was hard to take the pic she wanted love...I'll try take more once the kiddos go to sleep

oh she has wax!!!! watch her VERY CLOSELY!!!! my girl had a little bit of wac the morning and had an inch of wax on either teat 2 hrs before she foaled... watch her PH she might drop VERY quick!! :D oh I am so excited for you!! she is such a gorgeous girl! I can't wait to see her baby!! wish she was on marestare
default_sad.png
oh well LOL good luck with foaling

Latest posts

Back