Daisy's foaling thread-MAIDEN

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too cute! I know the feeling, always cleaning up messes. I have a 6yr old girl, a 2yr old boy, and a messy hubby, and my messy brother lives in our basement.. Lol

yes it does seem like never ending laundry and cleaning, now to add never ending lawn mowing to the picture=no time lol
default_doh.gif
Eagle-Bicky is so sweet...I love little dogs Daisy is progressing nicely this morning Bag is filling and warm and udders are finally filling but can't express anything yet. Vulva is turning salmon in color. Maybe 2 weeks yet? I'll try to post pics this afternoon Have a great day
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

I think she's progressng perfectly. Her udder has certainly filled since your first pictures - just scrolled back to do a comparison.

Have you got a separate place/paddock to give her and the foal once it is born, preferably with a safe fence between them and her present companions? They will need several weeks of being 'introduced' in this way before they can all be put back together again?

yes we have 6 other pens in the feed lot but I'm hoping the cows are done calving in the next few days and can keep them close to the barn. Thanks Diane we think she's pretty too, she def is my little princess
default_biggrin.png

just turned Daisy out for the day, not much change in her milk supply but I can now express clear fluid from both teats, anyone on the bran mash question?

Sorry we have had a busy day with April foaling
default_smile.png

I feed my girls a small amount of their mare and foal nuts with a cup of alfalfa pellets with a cup of very wet soaked beet to make it all nice and sloppy. I divide one feed ration into 4 portions and give a portion every couple of hours.

thanks for the advice...still waiting to get to Brandon hopfully on Monday to get the mare and foal feed...apparently no one in the area carries it :arg!

She is really progressing nicely!!!! It seems so long ago when I was posting pics and asking for advise about my mini mare, but after the foal is born, it seems like it was ages ago!
default_smile.png
Good Luck!

Daisy s backend is soft and mushy. Tail has little resistance but hooha still has little change. Clear fluid can be easily excreted now. Just put her back in the barn, she almost prefers it in there.

Hopefully she'll go soon

Hi your girl is gorgeous (sorry for being late LOL) and looks like she is progressing wonderfully for a maiden
default_smile.png
:)

hoping for a foal for you very soon
default_smile.png

nothing better then a new baby!!
default_smile.png

Good luck

thanks so much Cassie....it will be a first for me so I'm very excited
default_risa8.gif
Hopefully she will go soon
The first is always soo exciting and nerve racking LOL my first foal I didn't know when my mare was due as I bought her in foal and the old owner was um not very smart LOL so I didn't know when she could foal and was thinking she could foal in March last year... she didn't foal until October!
default_thud.gif
luckily the lovely ladies on here helped me LOL otherwise I would be dead LOL

I know you have no where near that long to wait with your girl, she is going to grace you with her gorgeous baby very soon! and we are here with you supporting you all the way
default_smile.png

do you know the stallion she is bred to? very excited to see her baby!!
default_firstprize.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Cassie, everyone on here is very supportive and very knowlegable and I'm very greatful for all the advice I can get. Diane-I usually bring her out at 8 am until 7 pm to graze and run-I can see her right from the house and I check on her hourly. If I have to go out I usually put her in the barn as well as overnight. I'm just amazed at how well she goes into the barn. She is used to only being outside and was very cautions the first couple of times going in but know she just follows me in like a little puppy.

me too!! Most days she trusts me. Today she is a little cranky
default_thumbdown.gif
Her udder hasn't changed much, was hard to excrete anything today but I believe she dropped more. I finally got into Brandon and picked up some mare/foal feed. It was harder to find than I thought. She lapped it right up. I just gave her a scoop for now and will figure out exactly how much to give her when I get back from a school meeting.

Latest posts

Back