Daisy's foaling thread-MAIDEN

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet on black! Only foals I've seen born true black have gone grey, the ones who end out true black or that soft grey/black colour over most of them. She's lovely
default_smile.png

Andrea, Shes just beautiful, congratulations!! by the look of photos little Mystic will never have any lack of Luv'in....your boys look so proud of their new baby sister...you can tall they are just soooo happy!!

again Congratulations on such a long legged beauty!!

yes the boys are def in love with her. My oldest is begging to take her to school for show and tell lol. I haven't had much of a chance to sit out there with her. I took my youngest boy to the doctor this morning and found out he has pneumonia. Poor little guy is so sick and cranky.

Such sweet pictures!! She is so beautiful, Kids too!

thanks Renee. He's not as sick as someone would think with pneumonia. Still plays, no fever anymore just a really bad sounding chest and cough.

Oh Andrea, Mystic is absolutely gorgeous!! Keep the pictures coming please.
default_yes.gif

Hope your little boy recovers very soon, bless him.

More Pics of my baby girl Hard to get one without mom in there lol 021.JPG031.JPG034.JPG037.JPG043.JPG

Mystic is starting to get a bit scared when I come around. Any tips other than constant touching and always being around? When should I be deworming her and vaccinating? Daisy was vaccinated about 1 month ago and dewormed within 12 hours post foaling

Oh she's beautiful!! No need to worry about worming until she's at least 4 months old and vacs probably around 6 months but check with your vet on this.

We actually never touch/approach our foals, we just carry on with work and ignore them! We consider they belong to their Mommas and that we will have 'our' time with them later. If they approach us we just stand still and let them sniff, those that are really bold may get gentle scratches on their necks. But within a couple of weeks they are all following us around when out in the fields for scratches and games. We trim their feet with scratches and never headcollar until well after they are weaned, by then headcollars are just another game and they lead easily because they are used to following us all the time. A very relaxed way of doing things, but it suits us. LOL!!

I would just try ignoring your little girl for a while - bet she will soon want to know why and come to find you!
default_yes.gif

Mystic gave me a bit of a scare today..somehow she got under the barb fence and was stuck on the other side. Mama was going crazy so I thought I would grab Mystic and bring her back around. I scared her and she kept trying to get through the fence running into the barb wire. Thankfully she didn't cut herself
default_ohnoes.jpg

Latest posts

Back