Daisy's foaling thread-MAIDEN

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
004.JPG006.JPGhere are some pics sorry it was raining-not the greatest just put Daisy in the barn for the night. ph is still testing a dark 6.2 maybe tonight?? what do you all think?

ok she is driving me bonkers!! Her ph is up to 7.2 now!!!! haha she knows how anxious I am to see this little baby and she is going to make me wait
default_sad.png

Are you sure you had clean hands when you tested? I can't believe she would jump back like that
default_frusty.gif

yep I just squirted the milk onto the strip. It went from a light/med orange to a bright orange again. I sometimes do both just squirting it onto the strip and also mixing with distilled water.

Ive heard of it too. Its rare but can happen!

What strips are you using?

I wanted to get the foal time but when I looked into it it was going to take 2 weeks to get here and I thought I wouldv'e had a foal on the ground by now
default_frusty.gif

Well for $20 if that makes her foal before they arrive go for it
default_smile.png
ROFL

haha if that will make her foal I think it would be $20 well spent
default_new_rofl.gif
checked her this morning and she's a definate 6.8 so maybe she was just inbetween both ways yesturday. Hopefully she'll make up her mind

Thats the same strips I use
default_smile.png
... When my friends mare did the same thing she thought it was the strips...Yellow House Ranch has it also on record where a maiden mare did the same thing.

When my friends mare did it, her calcium wasnt high....the milk didnt seem like colostrum...Wondering if your mares milk was the same....

Daisy's milk hasn't changed very much. Still cloudy honey looking. It's maybe a little thicker than before but the same in color. Unfortunately these strips don't test calcium. I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. I was starting to second guess myself. Thanks Bonny for the info

YVW
default_smile.png

The walmart strips, do check calcium... its the blue/ purple at the top of the strip...However if you use them to test for calcium/ hardness...use the 1 cc to 3 cc distilled water ratio...if you use the 1 cc milk to 6 cc distilled it will be incorrect.( wont read as high)

Just curious, again, her milk was the same but was it sticky by chance?

Well I think she might just be fooling you - you will be so cross with her the next time you test, that you will stomp away without looking back - oh whoops, she's just dropped her foal!!! LOL!!!

Seriously though, surely she CANT go much longer??????????????

Doesn't look like she'll keep you waiting much longer, I just think she wants to squeeze as muchd rama out of her remaining time as possible
default_whistling.gif

OR.....she'll be one of those mares than drops like a rock and is 6.0 while you're thinking she's still 6.8!!

Give me an "honest" stallion ANY day!!!!
default_thumbup.gif
I'm with you Diane! My boys don't cause me half as much pain as my girls AND they put up with being hugged a lot more
default_new_rofl.gif

Ohh ok... dang... Hope she doesnt hold on much longer either!

Latest posts

Back