Belle 2021

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elizabeth.conder

Reaction score
I thought I was long done foaling this year. But apparently I was wrong. My little black mare evidently snuck a date with my stallion sometime last year. I was wondering cause I was going to breed her for a foal next year and she wouldn’t come into season earlier this year. Fast forward to now and I have officially felt foal movement. I’m pretty confident I know when she’s due based off her last observed heat cycle and that I am just now feeling foal movement. I last observed her in heat December 15. Makes her due October/November roughly. So yay for a winter foal lol….
This will be the same cross from 2020 when I got a tiny black colt. Sire is my stallion who is silver bay tobiano. So lots of color options.

Attachments

• B53F874A-33FD-4ED6-8F04-7F47ACCE0426.jpeg
    B53F874A-33FD-4ED6-8F04-7F47ACCE0426.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 9
  • D7788B39-16A0-4B0D-BA70-222EF44755A0.jpeg
    D7788B39-16A0-4B0D-BA70-222EF44755A0.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Is it different there with your weather that they will catch in the winter? Congratulations? Hahaha.

Is it different there with your weather that they will catch in the winter? Congratulations? Hahaha.

Apparently lol. My stallion lives with my mares and he has never pasture bred while I’ve had him. I think 4-5 years now??? So I was shocked lol. I keep track of their cycles just in case which is now very appreciated lol. I just hope it’s a more mild winter. I guess I’ll have to stock up on foal blankets just in case.

I'm a little gobsmacked with that one! Both the winter foal and the stallion that won't pasture breed his girls. It's going to be a nice baby though. 😊

Well Belle is by my best estimate a bit over 260. She’s starting to show more and looks like she’s started some edema around her udder. She did have a bit of edema about 270ish with her last pregnancy….

Last edited:
Reactions: Taz
Doing well! Several days over 270 now. Hoping to start prepping to bring her up from the pasture in the next couple of weeks. She is definitely showing a lot more than with her last foal and I am feeling a ton of movement. She went 345 days with the last and only foal. Not sure that she will go that long again. She is already looking pretty low and her udder is starting to change some. Not filling yet but definitely making changes. I should have her on camera by 300 days unless there is some reason she needs to be on camera sooner.

Oooo...I hope you're doing better. When I have breathing issues (not including the sleep apnea) I chant this mantra: "God gave me two lungs, surely one of them can work." It helps only because I start laughing and that relaxes my airways a bit. Otherwise, albuterol is a quiet, steady friend.

That is too cool, they think of everything nowadays!… The link works! But she isn’t in her stall. I see her friend next door, but not her.

View attachment 44772

This program really is amazing. Helps a lot when I can get some of my horse friends to watch while I rest. I’ll put her up closer to Sun down. Still warm during the day so I try not to stall her much during the day.

I assumed her udder would be way down tonight, but she actually held a pretty good amount. Much more than I anticipated. Looks like I’ll have to start watching her closer. Couldn’t get anything to test yet.

Attachments

• 79D81BA2-C45B-4FE8-A8A6-B30AEBDBCFCB.jpeg
    79D81BA2-C45B-4FE8-A8A6-B30AEBDBCFCB.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 5140A83C-CED8-4F77-9D4D-608770E970E8.jpeg
    5140A83C-CED8-4F77-9D4D-608770E970E8.jpeg
    284.3 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back