Anna's Girls - Updated news.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah ha Diane - I thought that might get a comment from you! His dam is of course our special spotted Mummy mini, so he is Spotbum's half bro'.
default_yes.gif
Oh and I think he might be Wizz' ................... ahem - Uncle???? LOL!! We have so many siblings, half siblings, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, daughters and sons, not to forget the grand and great grand offspring amongst our tribe here, I get completely muddled most of the time! But what I love is wandering the fields and seeing the similar characteristics connecting them all - maybe their conformation, temperament, behaviour or even just that 'look'.
default_yes.gif

Ok a couple more pics to get you thinking - well not really thinking, just updating on a couple and as i'm having another sleepless night (it's 4.30am here) I thought I'd post a few pics!

For those of you who haven't read the previous page here are two of my girls. Do you think they could be pregnant and when might I be able to expect them to foal - no cheating by referring back until after you have guessed!!

The 'spotty' chestnut, Muffin's Child, is a 6 year old maiden mare, and the black and white pinto, Chapella, is a 21 year old dam of many daughters and one son (this will be Chapella's last foal before she joins my retirement group, but we used an outside stallion in the hope of getting yet another filly to cross match with our boys). So what do you think??

August 13 039.jpgAugust 13 042.jpg

August 13 043.jpgAugust 13 041.jpg

LOL!! That's clever - I managed to get M C's head included in Chapella's picture!!

Think I will go back to bed now and try for a couple of hours of shut eye before the 'day' begins - dawn is creeping over the horizon!

I can't even remember what you wrote so I'm guessing Muffins Child, or should I say Muffin Top, is just a massive pudding, not pregnant and Chapella is preggas and due in 4 mths time.

If I didn't know you and your "fat and sassy girls", I'd guess that this pretty girl is getting very close. But I believe you said she was being bred for a 2014 foal somewhere. I watch these spots closely (and she is GORGEOUS!), but I'm thinking you said it would be a "next year" baby. WOW! She is sure a wide-load, and any one else's horse I'd say a baby was in there laying sideways!!
default_whistling.gif

/monthly_08_2013/post-6307-0-11260600-1377748780_thumb.jpg

O.K girls, so what have I missed? Loads of fun I am sure but how many babies?

Got several little beauties born in the last month. And a VERY new baby in Austalia -- yes, Sweety FINALLY had her little one! We are very excited about each and every one -- all beautiful and all highly prized by their mommies and us Aunties!!

Watch out for Bree -- she's been very bad again -- but I'm quite happy with her new SPOTTED announcement!!

Welcome back!!

Hey, welcome back Renee! Hope all is well with you?

As Diane says, do check out Bree's latest addition, Sara too, has two new gorgeous youngsters and just as Hayley was hours away from entering a Bree like zombie state, Sweety finally foaled a beautiful little filly!

Again, great to have you back - we missed you.
default_yes.gif

Wow, Muffin's Child looks preggers to me and I love her spots. Renee, missed you!!!

Pretty Girls ! They both look very preggers and ready to go soon.
default_smile.png
Would love to see some side shots of the pretty black and white girl. Love me black and white ponies.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
As requested a couple of pics of Chapella for you taken in 2010 with her last foal Boo (just sold as a 2yo). Plus one of Chapella's other daughters Karis being introduced to her new sister (we kept Karis with a headcollar on just in case there was trouble, but there was no need!) Chapella is a brood mare wonder, she has produced only fillies for us (she did have one colt but he was born with a badly twisted cord, was oxygen deprived and sadly passed away within hours), she always takes to the stallion whenever we have bred her. She is in great condition and will be 22 years old next year when her next expected baby is born. This will be her last foal before she enters a well deserved retirement, but we were offered a breeding for her to an outside stallion, so just had to go for it!

By the way in my previous pics, both Chapella and Muffin's Child are only 2 months into their pregnancies (we hope!!).

Oh Chapella is the mare with the black head and hind end, Karis has the white shoulder patch - just in case you couldnt decide who was who!

June 11 027.jpgJune 11 031.jpg

June 11 033.jpgJune 11 072.jpg

Love those pictures! I just love seeing your scenery in the background. Just relaxes me no end!

I THOUGHT those girls were in early pregnancy! Can't imagine how big they will actually get!!

You know my horses too well Diane - they always look like beached whales, pregnant or not!! LOL!!

Beautiful black an white mother, daughter paints ! Love how they are marked..Little boo is pretty to would not run her off either.
default_smile.png

You have fuller figure gals.
default_smile.png

You are so very polite - everyone here knows that my girls are just down right FAT!! LOL!!

OK enough of my chit chat - time for more pics I think?

These are for Diane (as I could not work out how to send them via pm!!) Dug these pics out of Ansel (Falabella Anselmo) at a show in 2009 for you Diane. He and g/daughter DD made quite a name for themselves in the jumping classes at shows that year. Please excuse DD, she's the only one in our family capable of jumping and at our shows you can either go round the jumps or take them on yourself - DD likes to jump! Sorry the first two are taken at such a distance.

IMG_0927.JPGAnsel.JPG

3916451393_26a37c9811_m.jpgIMG_0931.JPG

More general mini pis to follow in next post.

A couple of weeks ago it was time to move the herd to pastures new. To get them to where we want them this time they have to follow a track, cross our now building site, turn a corner, enter a field, enter a second field, cross that and through a gate into the new field where we want them. Cathy calls them up and assembles them at the gate, I stand a good way down the track ready to call them. Cathy lets them go and I turn and run!! Now I dont usually run very much but with 33 small bodies approaching at racing pace - I run!! Just managed to keep in front of them to block an entrance to a barn and to send them on into the safety of the first field. They are then on their own as we follow and shut gates behind them. But they know where to go and wheel round through another gate into the second field - then it is heads down on the new grass! But we need them to go further, so in front I go again calling and clapping my hands. One or two start moving then the rest twig that they still have further to travel and the race begins again. This time I stay put as the mass of little bodies stream past me and into the final field. We love moving everyone this way, it is such fun and the minis adore it - it causes mad lunatic racings once they get where they are going and has us laughing our heads off at their antics. Sorry that there are no pics of them in full flight - it's a sight to be seen - but grabbed a few when I could with my mobile phone!

August 13 005.jpgAugust 13 006.jpg

August 13 007.jpgAugust 13 008.jpg

August 13 010.jpg Homebred Narcotics now 18.

More pics next post.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is so cool how you move yours from field to field. The closest I come is going through the cattle working pens and alley, across the first calving pen, through another pen and out to a little tiny corner pasture (they go out on their own in the morning); and then in the afternoon I tell them its time to go in and they head to their dry lot (sometimes at a mosey and sometimes at a run) and I follow to close the gate behind them.

Back