2007 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're expecting 8 foals here this year and already have 3 loud chestnut tovero fillies! :aktion033: All sired by Harts Tip Top Flash. I plan to keep one as her dam is a 13 yr old maiden mare this year and I'd love to have more just like her. Her filly is stunning! More than likely the rest of the foals will be for sale. If I keep a filly, I have to sell a mare and that decision can be quite hard sometimes.

I'm waiting now on what I hope will be a black overo foal out of Blossom, my bald faced sabino mare and sired by McSperitts Rowdy Night Image, a 28.75" black frame overo Rowdy grandson. Should be a super foal and our only Image foal here as I sold a couple of mares bred to him.

The rest of the foals this year will be sired by Flash with the exception of one mare I got who was already bred.

I had owned Redrock Flash of Zorro for a while a few years back. I bought from a lady out of KS. I started to train him to drive, and wow when I had asked him to go, he went!! He was a awsome guy, but he ended up being too tall for me at the time. I sold him to a lady in TX, who kept him and fitted him for show and finished his cart training. I was going to buy him back, but she was asking 4 times the amount of what I sold him for, and couldnt afford it at the time. I still miss that guy. I remember having a lady tell me that she drove her disabled father out to the barn(it was public, and was YEARS ago), and they would sit in the car and watch Zorro for hours, something about him, brightened up her father.

I am expecting 3 foals this year. One of the pregnant mares is currently for sale so I may only be on mare stare for two. The mare that is for sale is in foal to a cremello stallion, so I have no doubt that if she sells before foaling.... she will have that buckskin filly I would love to have.
default_wub.png
:

I only plan on a few foals each year, but do offer them for sale. In previous years the foals have sold before weaning. It's hard to let the babies go, but I have made good friends and stay in touch with the new owners.

We will have two fillies for sale this year. Just need to get them both on my site, as things are a bit busy right now...

Say, jjnov, that's really interesting news about Zorro. He was sooo nice as a colt and so coloful. My filly born last week, Fashion, is a maternal sister to Zorro and boy can she trot! She's going to make someone a heck of a driving horse!

no babies due this year. But I think I will breed a couple for 2008. I have sworn that the only one that will be a keeper is a black pinto filly. I have 2 yearling fillies and 2 mares for sale. Hopefully they will sell before next year.

Robin

Sorry about your loss. :no: That would be heartbreaking.

We have 4 foals planned for this year. Two fillies born already (Mira and Lily) with one more filly expected (sire has had 100% fillies) and one colt expected (mare alway has colts). 2 of the 4 will be for sale. I've had a bajillion inquiries on Lily which makes me think maybe I should keep her
default_rolleyes.gif
: Mira will definitely stay with us since she may have some long-term issues related to her rough start. I honestly expect our next two babies to be either sorrel or chestnut, and since I have a barn full of sorrels and chestnuts, I will probably offer those for sale.

ETA: Plus, I have that ADORABLE filly coming that I bought from Erica and Belinda! A tiny buckskin named Erica's Cross Country Bella Mia! Watch out for her in the ring!!!!!

Last edited:
You know I guess I feel a little different then most but I plan my breedings to hopefully achieve or get the kind of foals I want to keep. You see I breed for Appaloosa's which of course can be the hardest goal to achieve. Not that getting the color is impossible but I want the whole package. Great conformation, Arabian type, you know long neck with a lot of presence. I also prefer 32" and up. ( I'm not picky am I)Plus I want the color
default_wacko.png
: So when knowing who's going on the sales page I have to take all that in to consideration, not to mention do I have room on the show string, will the foal fit into my breeding program, do I have huge bills and maybe I just need to let go a keeper once in a while to make it. Since I like the ones over 32" I usually have quite a few available as my stallion is just famous for his tiny little foals! I know some people would love that problem but I don't. I have sold a 30" leopard I would have loved to keep but too small, I just sold a beautiful appy filly again she's 30.5 at 2years so too small for me.So it's a wait and see game. I'll know who's for sale when their born
default_yes.gif
: Then sometimes lives events change and others become available.

I do know I have one 07 filly for sale right now.

Really sorry to hear about your loss
default_sad.png
Joyce

PS hope that all made sense
default_wacko.png
:

Say, jjnov, that's really interesting news about Zorro. He was sooo nice as a colt and so coloful. My filly born last week, Fashion, is a maternal sister to Zorro and boy can she trot! She's going to make someone a heck of a driving horse!
Zorro had a GREAT trot on him, of course when I had him he was a little chubby, but he did the best he could. He was a very flashy guy, I had wanted to use him to breed to a mare that I used to own.

Sorry about your loss. :no: That would be heartbreaking.

We have 4 foals planned for this year. Two fillies born already (Mira and Lily) with one more filly expected (sire has had 100% fillies) and one colt expected (mare alway has colts). 2 of the 4 will be for sale. I've had a bajillion inquiries on Lily which makes me think maybe I should keep her
default_rolleyes.gif
: Mira will definitely stay with us since she may have some long-term issues related to her rough start. I honestly expect our next two babies to be either sorrel or chestnut, and since I have a barn full of sorrels and chestnuts, I will probably offer those for sale.

ETA: Plus, I have that ADORABLE filly coming that I bought from Erica and Belinda! A tiny buckskin named Erica's Cross Country Bella Mia! Watch out for her in the ring!!!!!
Cant wait to hear how well your filly does in the show ring

You know I guess I feel a little different then most but I plan my breedings to hopefully achieve or get the kind of foals I want to keep. You see I breed for Appaloosa's which of course can be the hardest goal to achieve. Not that getting the color is impossible but I want the whole package. Great conformation, Arabian type, you know long neck with a lot of presence. I also prefer 32" and up. ( I'm not picky am I)Plus I want the color
default_wacko.png
: So when knowing who's going on the sales page I have to take all that in to consideration, not to mention do I have room on the show string, will the foal fit into my breeding program, do I have huge bills and maybe I just need to let go a keeper once in a while to make it. Since I like the ones over 32" I usually have quite a few available as my stallion is just famous for his tiny little foals! I know some people would love that problem but I don't. I have sold a 30" leopard I would have loved to keep but too small, I just sold a beautiful appy filly again she's 30.5 at 2years so too small for me.So it's a wait and see game. I'll know who's for sale when their born
default_yes.gif
: Then sometimes lives events change and others become available.

I do know I have one 07 filly for sale right now.

Really sorry to hear about your loss
default_sad.png
Joyce

PS hope that all made sense
default_wacko.png
:

It makes sense, but im the opposite, I like the arabian necks and heads, but sometimes I think that they are dished too much! IMO! The colt that I had put down, was going to be a black appy. He was born with a few spots on his rump. His dam is appy bred, but his sire wasnt. I guess that he took after his daddy. With that being said! I will be having her checked in a little while to see if her and my 28" appy stud did anything. If they did I am sure that the baby will be spotted.

default_wacko.png
:

I feel the same way as Joyce (and I raise appys too!). But now I'm finally at a point where I have plenty of mares for breeding, many of them of my own breeding, and several stallions that I'm really happy with too, so now I'm able to start selling horses that I would have kept in the past. Of course it's really difficult to let them go....

But now I'm finally at a point where I have plenty of mares for breeding, many of them of my own breeding, and several stallions that I'm really happy with too, so now I'm able to start selling horses that I would have kept in the past. Of course it's really difficult to let them go....
Magic,

Those are my thoughts now too. I have several mares (broodmares) and stallions I am Very happy with as they are very consistant producers for me of the type I like, so at this point, I am finally able to start selling foals and not retaining them all, even though I would like to keep them all
default_smile.png
; I have come to a point where I am very happy to be able to offer foals that hopefully the public wants and see them out being shown, being promoted and doing well......as I can only show a certain number of them. Yet I do retain some each each, but I am getting to the point where I am able to offer more and not retain as many each year. Of course like I said I get attached to them and don't want to sell any of them.......I have the mommy syndrome of wanting them all to myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am having two foals this year and cannot decide if I should sell my first, who is a stunning , leggy pintaloosa colt.....The next one will be chestnut for certain as both parents are....but I don't need another boy! AGHHH! I cannot decide.
default_wacko.png
: What do you all think? Hytide Top Hat And Tails aka "JIVE" is such a looker, plus he's got a personality oozing out every pore! He just begs to be shown! :aktion033:

Immys07boy030ee-1.jpg

[SIZE=18pt]HELP ME![/SIZE]

I have three foals on the ground already (two colts, one filly) and about 8 more to go. Most will be for sale. All are ASPC registered Shetlands.

Like some of the others I have my breeding herd just about where I want it right now so foals I would have kept a couple of years ago are ones I can now sell.

I am having two foals this year and cannot decide if I should sell my first, who is a stunning , leggy pintaloosa colt.....The next one will be chestnut for certain as both parents are....but I don't need another boy! AGHHH! I cannot decide.
default_wacko.png
: What do you all think? Hytide Top Hat And Tails aka "JIVE" is such a looker, plus he's got a personality oozing out every pore! He just begs to be shown! :aktion033:

Immys07boy030ee-1.jpg

[SIZE=18pt]HELP ME![/SIZE]
OMG he is a DOLL! You can send him down my way! What color are his eyes? I would have to wait and see what the next foal is before I made my decision. Its hard as I think personality makes the horse!

We have one colt on the ground and waiting on 3 more we will sell them all this year unless we just can't part with one

our colt was born 2/11/07 a black appaloosa colt here is a head and neck clip picture, cant wait to have warm enough weather to body clip see maybe some white hairs but not much yet he has white hairs on his nose

Dam is a palomino snowcap appaloosa and sire a black leopard appaloosa

Eagles Ring Raven's Illusion

HPIM24092mn.jpg

HPIM2451.jpg

HPIM2422.jpg

We have one colt on the ground and waiting on 3 more we will sell them all this year unless we just can't part with one

our colt was born 2/11/07 a black appaloosa colt here is a head and neck clip picture, cant wait to have warm enough weather to body clip see maybe some white hairs but not much yet he has white hairs on his nose

Dam is a palomino snowcap appaloosa and sire a black leopard appaloosa

Eagles Ring Raven's Illusion

HPIM24092mn.jpg

HPIM2451.jpg

HPIM2422.jpg

I hope that you get spots! I have an appy mare that is the oddest color, we are thinking maybe liver chestnut, and when I clipped her last month, I found little white and black spots all over her. Im hoping the older she gets the more she spots out.

We have 2 mares due and anxiously awaiting both babies! I want to keep at least one and then sell one of the mares,, not sure which,, its gonna be a hard decision.

Probably not breeding any for 2008.

Angie

We are expecting 4 foals this year.

3 are due anytime from now to the middle of May.

Those mares are:

Deja Vu (30.75" Chestnut Sabino Tovero)

Sweetie (27.5") Black Tobiano

Lacy (32.5" Black/Bay Sabino-Frame Overo)

These foals will all be from our b/w 27" Legionaire son "Destiny". These will be our first foals by him...so we are excited to see what we get!
default_yes.gif
:

The fourth foal will be out of our new 31" Max White Sabino mare "Liberty's Skip's Magic" whom I am going to pick up on Sunday! She was bred to a Chestnut Buckeroo son for a July 2007 foal.

We are expecting 4 foals this year.

3 are due anytime from now to the middle of May.

Those mares are:

Deja Vu (30.75" Chestnut Sabino Tovero)

Sweetie (27.5") Black Tobiano

Lacy (32.5" Black/Bay Sabino-Frame Overo)

These foals will all be from our b/w 27" Legionaire son "Destiny". These will be our first foals by him...so we are excited to see what we get!
default_yes.gif
:

The fourth foal will be out of our new 31" Max White Sabino mare "Liberty's Skip's Magic" whom I am going to pick up on Sunday! She was bred to a Chestnut Buckeroo son for a July 2007 foal.
AWSOME I bet these beauties will be VERY colorful as all of your always are.

Back