2007 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjnov

Reaction score
Who is selling their 2007 foals? Are you planning on keeping a certain one if it comes out the way you want it? How many foals a year do you keep?

I only had 1 foal this year, and he was put to sleep. But I did get my pick of 2007 colts this year from the breeder where I got the mare from. I picked a black(most likely will grey) grandson of Egyptian Kings Too. He has a really nice neck and dished head. Cant wait to have him home in a few months!

I am sorry about your foal but congrats on your new colt!

We are expecting 2 it looks like now and plan and keeping both of them

I had 2 foals born, both colts. Yes, they are for sale. I normally don't keep a "set number" of foals each year, but sometimes, I do like to keep one or two.
default_yes.gif
:

Sorry for your loss, and congrats on your new colt.

I have two mares in foal and both are for sale. The hope was for them to be gone before foaling, but so far that hasn't happened.

I plan to have zero foals next year.

Sorry on your loss! We are probably going to keep one baby back out of Champ, but the rest will be for sale. Spread the word..... :bgrin

I'm having 2 foals this year, 1 is already here and thats the one I know is going to be for sale, the other one whenever she foals depends on what she has.

I have two born, and plan on selling at least one, maybe both. I'm in no hurry, though, and only expecting one foal next year (hopefully!).

I plan on selling almost every foal I have born, just because I'm kinda "full up" right now, but I generally have room to hang onto them until they are sold to a good home (i.e. not having to mark them down to nothing to find a home period.)

Good luck and I'm so sorry about your foal...

Liz M.

Sorry for your loss. We had a colt year -4 boys. I would like to sell 2 and keep 2. I have them for sale now.

Next year probably won't sell any.

I have almost all my 2007 foals on the ground, have 3 more left.......but have 15 on the ground. Of those 15, 11 have been COLTS!!! and 4 fillies..........I am keeping 3 of the colts for now, and not offering them for sale, though I have had offers on all three of those to.

Of the 15 though, like I said I'm retaining 3 for now......and then the rest 9 have sold.....one more sale may be pending on, so I have 3 colts left up for sale.

I will be selling some of the foals this year. Wish I could keep them all but I can't.

The new colt here will be sold- dont need more than one boy here! And dont have enough mares to use another at this point anyhow. The filly I have not decided on yet... keep, sell, keep, sell.... oh what a decision. My problem there is again, who would I breed her back to? Wouldnt breed her to her sire.

Normally I dont keep any as I only have the one stallion and they would all be his offspring. I have only have kept one filly but I didnt own her sire.

I had 2 foals born, both colts. Yes, they are for sale. I normally don't keep a "set number" of foals each year, but sometimes, I do like to keep one or two.
default_yes.gif
:

Sorry for your loss, and congrats on your new colt.
A boy year huh? My friend had nothing but boys last year. That just means next year is a girl year.

Thanks, im excited, as I traded for the mare, I was also told that I could have my pick of the boys. I was at a auction last month, and a mini mare and a filly ran threw, I about cried when I realized that the filly looked JUST like the colt that I had lost. EXCEPT! She had 4 high whites, and my colt had white spots on his butt. The mare has really turned around. She is gaining weight. In fact my friend and I were talking the other day, that if she had just hung on till a few weeks ago, she would have been in better shape to had her baby. But next year Im sure that she will be happy, this was her first, and when I brought her home from the vet, she wasnt too happy to not find her baby in the stall with her. 2 days later she moved on, and started to dry up.

I have two mares in foal and both are for sale. The hope was for them to be gone before foaling, but so far that hasn't happened.

I plan to have zero foals next year.
Are you quitting the foaling all together? Or just for next year?

Sorry on your loss! We are probably going to keep one baby back out of Champ, but the rest will be for sale. Spread the word..... :bgrin

I bet they will be awsome show horses! How many foals(children) is Champ having this year?

I'm having 2 foals this year, 1 is already here and thats the one I know is going to be for sale, the other one whenever she foals depends on what she has.

What are you hoping that your other mare has?

I am sorry about your loss. We are expecting one foal this year - our very first mini foal. If the foal is solid color, he or she will be for sale. That is what we say now anyway! If a pinto, we will likely keep it. (FYI, It will be a half sibling of Lotto).

I have two born, and plan on selling at least one, maybe both. I'm in no hurry, though, and only expecting one foal next year (hopefully!).

I plan on selling almost every foal I have born, just because I'm kinda "full up" right now, but I generally have room to hang onto them until they are sold to a good home (i.e. not having to mark them down to nothing to find a home period.)

Good luck and I'm so sorry about your foal...

Liz M.

Well thats cool that you will hang on to them for a while, you never know, you may end up liking their personalitites and you will be able to match the horse with a future owner better.

Sorry for your loss. We had a colt year -4 boys. I would like to sell 2 and keep 2. I have them for sale now.

Next year probably won't sell any.

Next year will be your filly year!

I have almost all my 2007 foals on the ground, have 3 more left.......but have 15 on the ground. Of those 15, 11 have been COLTS!!! and 4 fillies..........I am keeping 3 of the colts for now, and not offering them for sale, though I have had offers on all three of those to.

Of the 15 though, like I said I'm retaining 3 for now......and then the rest 9 have sold.....one more sale may be pending on, so I have 3 colts left up for sale.
WOW you have been busy busy! Do you have some people that buy them before they are born?

I will be selling some of the foals this year. Wish I could keep them all but I can't.
Im waiting on pins and needles to see more Lotto babies. I remember Spuds, you bought him from Christy a few years ago. He and Lotto have some very unique markings, Sorry that Spuds past, but you have Lotto now, and Im sure he is going be just as awsome!

The new colt here will be sold- dont need more than one boy here! And dont have enough mares to use another at this point anyhow. The filly I have not decided on yet... keep, sell, keep, sell.... oh what a decision. My problem there is again, who would I breed her back to? Wouldnt breed her to her sire.

Normally I dont keep any as I only have the one stallion and they would all be his offspring. I have only have kept one filly but I didnt own her sire.
Well if you keep the filly, Im sure that there are outside appy studs avaliable. What does the colt look like? Im not sure if you posted pics of him, and maybe I missed them. Too many cute babies being born!

I am sorry about your loss. We are expecting one foal this year - our very first mini foal. If the foal is solid color, he or she will be for sale. That is what we say now anyway! If a pinto, we will likely keep it. (FYI, It will be a half sibling of Lotto).
Thanks, hopefully it comes out pinto, Lotto is awsome, something about hime just stands out to me, even though Im a appy person, I think its his face. I for some reason always look at the face first, because I see lots of character and personality threw them. I have a Palomino Paint filly yearling, who is a character. She gives the oddest expressions.

Hope to have to healthy foals this year. :aktion033:

Would be nice to have two fillies they will be keepers.

Colts will be for sale...
default_wink.png
:

QUOTE(Erica @ Apr 18 2007, 11:00 AM)

WOW you have been busy busy! Do you have some people that buy them before they are born?
NO I really don't sell before they are born as there is so much that can go wrong.....I do take names on a waiting list for foals and contact them after birth.

All of ours will be for sale. We kept too many from previous years! So if we keep one this year, someone else has to be sold. We just can't keep them all.

Lucy

We are waiting on one more foal this year who will be amha/amhr registered. the other 4 foals 3 will be for sale.One a filly who is amhr registered and 2 colts that are aspc/amhr registered will be for sale. The aspc/amhr filly is a keeper.

We have 9 on the ground and 1 more to go - 5 fillys and 4 colts, 4 blacks, 3 sorrels, 1 bay, and 1 silver dapple pinto so far and yes they are for sale. we will probably keep 1 or 2 but it depends on which ones sell first.

Latest posts

Back