2007 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have one colt now and 3 more on the way. All foals this year will be for sale... I'm hoping for one or two appaloosa/pintaloosa Sky fillies to keep next year to cross back on our young guy
default_wink.png
: (now watch I just jinxed myself and Sky will give us all colts! :eek: ) Our new pintaloosa mare is going to be bred back to a black leopard stallion after she foals and if that foal is a color filly and doesn't stay too small for us then she'll be a keeper as well..

Sorry for your loss :no:

I have 5 on the ground and expect 3 more. They are/will be for sale. Helps to pay for hay..........
default_wink.png
:

We have 1 colt so far and 4 more to go...most will be for sale...1 we want to see what we get first
default_smile.png

Tracy

Hope to have to healthy foals this year. :aktion033:

Would be nice to have two fillies they will be keepers.

Colts will be for sale...
default_wink.png
:
i hope that you get your fillies, when r they due?

All of ours will be for sale. We kept too many from previous years! So if we keep one this year, someone else has to be sold. We just can't keep them all.

Lucy
I understand not being able to keep them, I know that sometimes we wish that we can, BUT, we all know how that goes. Where in TX are you located? I was at Texas A&M last week delivering some horses for a friend to be A.I. and a stallion to a friend's place to breed to some mares out there.

We are waiting on one more foal this year who will be amha/amhr registered. the other 4 foals 3 will be for sale.One a filly who is amhr registered and 2 colts that are aspc/amhr registered will be for sale. The aspc/amhr filly is a keeper.

Are you going to be keeping the one for showing?

Sorry for your loss :no:

I have 5 on the ground and expect 3 more. They are/will be for sale. Helps to pay for hay..........
default_wink.png
:

Oh trust me! I understand the hay situation. Hay down here in Louisiana is outragous. Its like $12-15 a bale, and for the good stuff its $20-25. My friend went to S.C. they bought something like 400 bales at 3 something a piece. They brought home 180 of them so we are sharing. Which saves me money.

I have two foals on the ground, both fillies and one more to foal. Both fillies have sales pending already, and if the last mare gives me the blanket appy filly I want I will keep her, if not then the foal will be for sale.

Probably breeding 2-3 mares for next year, not sure yet. I'm still waiting for the elusive appy filly to be a keeper, so it just depends on what I get next year.

We will be selling ours, too.

I don't usually add the babies to the sales list until they're much older. In fact, I have quite a few horses on my sales list!

I have three born so far (two colts and one filly) and all three are for sale as none are Pintos. Nothing wrong with them, I just prefer Pintos.

I have one more due withing the next month. If it is a filly, I will most likely keep it regardless of color/pattern as I really like the bloodlines. If it is a colt, I may keep it and may not.

One other due in the fall. Undecided if I will keep it or not. Will just wait and see. Part of the factor determining if I keep foals or not is if I sell a couple of mares or not.

We have 4 foals on the ground so far and maybe 7-10 or so more to go. We have several which could foal late this year. All 4 current foals including 2 blk/white appy foals are for sale due to my husbands $110,000 hospital bills from his surgery this Feb. The appy filly may even be a snowcap(hopefully homozygous) so if she doesnt sell soon I may come to my senses and keep her lol. We may keep 1 or 2 07 foals but will have to be just what we want. We kept a lot of wonderful appy foals last year and have a lot of very unwonderful BILLS this year!

Sorry u lost your foal but great u have a new one coming.

We have one filly on the ground and 3 more mares due by the end of May, 2 other miniatures and a Step N Stone B/W pinto shetland. Our first foal, Coventry's Hollywood Diva was foaled on March 29th and she is a loud black leopard appy out of our National Champion and World Show Champion stallion that is also a loud black leopard as well, Bissel Mounds Monte Carlo. I had her offered for sale and did have a sale on her, but I had thought about keeping her and backed out of the sale before the deposit was sent. She is awesome and she is what our breeding program represents and all our foals are AMHR Futurity nominated, so Diva is going to the AMHR Nationals and staying at Coventry Lane and will be sent to the trainers. I really think if I did leave her go, I would regret it for the rest of my life and then wished that I would have not sold her afterall. I am greatful at least that the person that was dealing on her understood my feelings after changing my mind on this adorable foal. I just couldn't do the sale after being with her in her stall everyday and thinking of her leaving here.

But...all the other foals have to be sold no matter what since I am retaining Diva now for ourselves. I have a list of people waiting for foals to arrive so hopefully we will produce what the people desire.

3-30-07-8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about your loss. :no: Congratulations on your new colt though! :aktion033: I have 2 colts on the ground so far and 2 more mares to foal(would like the filly fairy to arrive! :bgrin ) and plan on selling all 4.

Geez......kept getting error messages and ended up with a triple post! Sorry!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming we actually end up with some 2007 foals, (we've lost 4, vet is investigating, the 1 live one we have is very weak) they won't likely be for sale. We much prefer to keep them and watch them grow up for a while first. Certainly not to say they won't be for sale later on, or that if someone really, really wants one we wouldn't sell!

I know it's often a business, but I still don't understand the theory behind selling all foals born as babies, if the idea is to raise a better foal that their parents, you would want to keep foals to upgrade your herd. But then, we probably do this to an extreme, until recently we only had 2 mares who we didn't raise, after a recent package purchase, 7 of 30 mares (of all ages - only about half that are breeding age) are not Circle J's.

I have two babies comin, and have to sell both. no more room, and i am NOT lettin go of my 06 colt.
default_wub.png
:

wish i had room to keep them al though, i get so attatched.

I plan to sell some/most of mine, IF my mares ever decide to have them....lol.

Our foals are all supposed to be for sale every year. :bgrin And actually we do sell all of them each year. We just aren't set up to keep them....from a room standpoint. If mother nature is with us we will have 9 by September.

Now I must admit, we have bought some of our foals back months or years later.
default_yes.gif
:

We feel our breeding herd is producing exactly what we have planned and hoped for. Almost all of our breeding herd we bought as very young foals and took them on to their illustrious show careers. They are our 'kids'. So selling one is traumatic for us.

And we have to consider our age. If we kept foals, they would undoubtedly outlive us. That is a big worry for us.

So our beautiful and exceptional foals are for sale.

Charlotte

I have 4 mares due, 2 foals are already sold and paid for, though both know if no live foals they have to wait until 2008 when I will have 8 mares due(More if I buy more mares). Of the 4 foals due if my grey pinto mare, E & J's Precious By Design has a filly I am keeping it which both buyers who bought foals from me for 2007 know. I really hope she has a filly this year, last year her colt was a loud pinto colt who sold easily and I could have sold him about a dozen times afterwards.

We usually have no more than 2 foals each year, and this year is no exception. We have one on the ground already, and the other mare is holding out at 351 days!! Yes, that is right, she's at 351 days and still doesn't look quite ready.
default_wacko.png
: Anyway, the filly we have on the ground is on our sales page, BUT... We'd like to keep Scarlet at this point, but we still have to see what the other mare has. So, if someone wants her enough, we'd let her go, if not, we are in no hurry and you probably won't see her advertised for sale anytime soon. I head and necked her the other day and I did a little more clipping today. The more I see of Scarlet, the more I like her.

We have two breeding programs going on........Some are AMHA and some AMHR or AMHR/ASPC. We are selling all of the AMHA babies. We may retain one or two of our AMHR sized foals.

Expecting about 10 more foals. Right now we have one bay AMHA filly, one palomino pinto AMHR Arenosa bred filly, and one palomino ASPC Arenosa bred filly. All three will be available for sale.

MA

We're expecting 8 foals here this year and already have 3 loud chestnut tovero fillies! :aktion033: All sired by Harts Tip Top Flash. I plan to keep one as her dam is a 13 yr old maiden mare this year and I'd love to have more just like her. Her filly is stunning! More than likely the rest of the foals will be for sale. If I keep a filly, I have to sell a mare and that decision can be quite hard sometimes.

I'm waiting now on what I hope will be a black overo foal out of Blossom, my bald faced sabino mare and sired by McSperitts Rowdy Night Image, a 28.75" black frame overo Rowdy grandson. Should be a super foal and our only Image foal here as I sold a couple of mares bred to him.

The rest of the foals this year will be sired by Flash with the exception of one mare I got who was already bred.

Latest posts

Back