With every good news, why does there have to be bad?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Liz, I was hoping for better news this morning...I am at a loss for words. My heart reaches out to you, your family and to your entire community.

As you said, I am sure you have had a lot of close calls over the years, but nothing like this...

I am just so sorry...

Liz R.

Liz.

My grandson was on an Alaskan crab boat. He could only take it for a week and

had to leave. I have the utmost respect for the fishermen and their family's.

Please know thoughts and prayers coming your families way for an ending to this

ordeal. Please know all our thoughts are with you.

Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart.

I have indeed, been leaning on you all, by sharing with you as it progressed, from the first post to the last, it has been cathartic to do so.

There is so much to be careful of when talking with family and even acquaintances, trying not to say something that may hurt more, and yet be comforting.

This is a rough industry, and even the ones that try to be safe, try to do things right in every way, lose the gamble. Then there's men like Craig, who push the limits all the time, with equipment not right for the situation (this boat was old, ancient, a previouis 58-ft. seiner in her first incarnation (the papers and tv keep reporting the size wrong, but who can blame them when it was coming ashore in pieces like that), and he had trouble keeping her afloat and operational last Summer during Tuna season. One trip, he got about 100 miles offshore and then had to drift for three days waiting for his batteries to charge so he could get the engine running and make it back in :new_shocked: that scared us all right there, and he has had a few bar crossings here where he lost power and had been swept to the side. One of his last communications w/other boats in the area was, "I've been drifting over Clatsop Spit (horrible place to be off course, like a washing machine) taking breakers, this thing's tough" and so his bravado won out, and for what reason he had to hurry to get in, we may never know.), they win against all odds, to the point that one would think they are charmed, or lucky beyond luck.

So when their number does, indeed, come up, it is somewhat shocking even if it had been predicted and even expected to a degree. One talks about it hoping it won't happen....

His mother is flying in from NV, and I'm not sure what plans will be made for a memorial or what. I'm still hoping his body is recovered before a long time passes. Most of the boat has been recovered but the wheelhouse, as far as I know, at least the majority anyway.

Thank you again, for all your thoughts and condolences, they mean a lot.

Liz M.

Such a tragic loss.
default_sad.png
I can't even imagine...
default_crybaby.gif
:

[SIZE=12pt]Liz-[/SIZE]

You and your family have my thoughts and prayers during this horrible time!! I was certainly hoping for better news.

Barbie

I did not see this until now, how horrible for you and the families. My heart goes out to each and every one of you. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers thru this hard time.

Liz, you and your entire family are in my prayers....tragic loss. Thinking of you all

[SIZE=12pt]Liz I am so very sorry for this tragic loss! :no: :no: :no: [/SIZE]

You have all my condolences and prayers!

May your nephew and his friends fly on his sterling silver fishing vessel in the skys, catching golden crabs by the millions...

God Bless them!

God Bless you, your family and their families

default_pray.gif
:

your friend,

Jenny

Liz,

I am so sorry to hear this horrible news. I read all the posts to my husband David. He is retired Master Chief from the Coast Guard, and at one point in his career he was the Capt, if you will of a Coast Guard Cutter in Fl. He was telling me their worse days in Fl were good days to the Coast Guard that patrols where your nephew was lost at sea.. Please know I am thinking of you, and the young man's family. God Bless you guys.

Is it me or does it seem that lately we have had more sad, more deaths, and tragedy lately than before? Or is it that fact that we are just getting older and have to confront death more often? I guess I just don't understand.

But know, you and yours are in our thoughts.

Lara and David Pier

Oh Liz, I am so very very sorry.
default_sad.png
Words can't express.... Sending prayers for you and your family, that you can survive this. {{{hugs}}

Latest posts

Back