With every good news, why does there have to be bad?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just talked to my husband and the story on the news IS them. Their boat disintegrated on a badly ebbing bar at Garibaldi. They found one body, but it was not my nephew.

They found all the survival gear, as well, on the beach in the debris, and noone made use of it, so his chances as well as anyone else's are horribly slim.

This is all that I know for now, but it was him, they went down, and he is likely gone at just 32 years old.

Liz

Here is a photo of Craig from the local paper, totally "him":

31049b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! I just read your post... I'm so sorry...

I have been checking in to see if you updated. I am so sorry - my prayers are with your family.

Oh Lord...... I am so sorry, Liz. Are you doing okay?

MA

PS: Does your nephew, Craig, have a wife and kids? I will send out prayers.....

Liz, I am so sorry, I just dont know what to say. Prayers going out for you and your family. Corinne

Oh no, Liz --- I just saw all of your posts ... I am keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers... I am so, so sorry...

Liz R.

Craig was not married to Jessica, but they have been together now for four years. They have a son that was born one week before Colton, so he will be two in April.

I am not sure how they are going to fare, though she has family in the area and of course we will be there for her, too.

This family is so small to begin with, and it just got smaller (I know there is a slim hope, but it's dreadfully slim. I don't know the temp of the ocean, but the air was about 30 degrees last night, and they went down at 1:20 a.m.). He was a good man. Troubled, but he had a good heart. Wish he hadn't have made these mistakes that led him here, and I feel terribly for those on board and their family, too.

I was so hoping this would be yet another false alarm. I have gotten a few of these over the years and luckily they turned out ok. I guess luck can't hold forever when one is employed in a dangerous industry.

Liz

Oh Liz! I'm so terribly sorry! Will keep in prayers they will find your nephew, and for all your families involved. I'm so sorry. Holding in heart, hugs and prayers.

Liz..

You and your family are in my prayers. Peace for you and your family.

Gini

Liz I am sorry.

I do know how you feel. Some of my Uncles and Cousins are Lobster men out of Gloucester MA. It is a dangerous business they are in.

l'm so sorry what a sad time to go through sending prayers and hope your way.

Awww Liz ~HUGS~ sending prayers and good thoughts to you and your family!

Oh Liz, I'm so sorry! Praying for a miracle and that they find your nephew and the other crew member alive. Why do bad things have to happen when you should just be able to rejoice about Cherry's healthy colt....not fair.

Still in disbelief that we will likely never see or hear him again. He was loud and full of life, and like I said, had a good heart.

He had called here not long ago when Martin was away and asked me if I needed anything done around here in the form of "manpower" work.

One night when he was feeling lonely and upset over having fought with his girlfriend, he came over here and used his frustration to dig out the entire back side of our barn for a drain ditch (about 30' of solid clay, dug down to three feet). He was glad just to get dinner in return for it. He always had a smile for everyone though he had a reputation as a scrapper and had a sort of a swaggering bravado about him.

I met him when he was 14, when I first started dating his uncle. Martin practically raised him in a way, they were very close, and I know it has had to be tough on him to be out there hearing the radio chatter as the search began and continues.

Thank you for your thoughts, I am sure this is going to be terribly hard on his mother, father, his two brothers (one is in Iraq) and his girlfriend as well as his young son.

Liz

Just got off the phone w/Jessica and it's so terribly hard to hear the stress in her voice. She's waiting to hear directly from the Coast Guard and we're hoping against hope that he's made it, or will.

Liz

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Latest posts

Back