With every good news, why does there have to be bad?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Liz I cannot begin to imagine the pain and uncertainty you all must feel. My heartfelt prayers come to you in hopes of a miracle. You paint a wonderful picture of him. May God hold him safe.

OH GOD IM SO SORRY LIZ IM PRAYING FOR A MIRACLE,WE GET THIS ON THE NEWS ALOT WERE I COME FROM,I JUST HOPE THE SEA RETURNS HIM :no:

Thank you, all. I do have just slim hope for him and the other man.

The clip they showed today was so heartwrenching. That bar is so huge and there was a piece of his poor, shattered boat, just the transom (rear part of the hull) lying there on the beach.

With the way the current is, they could be anywhere. I do hope we have some answers, soon. It is going to get dark in a couple hours.

The Coast Guard helicopters have been leaving regularly from the Air Station still looking.

Bless them in their search, we have had family in that occupation, too, they are angels.

Liz M.

Oh my..............How horrible. :no: ..............You and your family are in my prayers.........The not knowing is so hard.......Please keep us updated!!! Praying for a miracle!

Here is the article from our local paper:

Crab boat crew member’s body found; missing pair named by authorities

Coast Guard searches for two people from Warrenton-based boat that disappeared Tuesday morning

The Daily Astorian and The Associated Press

TILLAMOOK — The U.S. Coast Guard continued the search today for the captain and a crew member of a Warrenton-based fishing vessel that disappeared in the Pacific Ocean early this morning, after finding one body on a beach just south of Tillamook.

Three people were on board the 46-foot commercial crabber Catherine M, which another boat’s crew said was headed toward Garibaldi with mechanical problems Monday evening, said Bob Coster, civilian search-and-rescue controller at U.S. Coast Guard Group Astoria.

But the boat likely never made it to the north end of Tillamook Bay, he said.

Instead, emergency crews found the stern of the 46-footer on Bay Ocean Spit, said Tillamook County Sheriff Todd Anderson.

Also found there was the body of 30-year-old Jeff King of Garibaldi, a deckhand, Anderson said. Two others – 32-year-old skipper Craig Larsen of Hammond and 30-year-old crew member Trona Griffin of Garibaldi – were missing, Anderson said.

Anderson said Larsen’s wife talked with her husband by phone the night before. The skipper told her his boat was returning with about 1,200 pounds of crabs to sell, Anderson said.

She had planned to pick him up this morning, Anderson said.

Flares were sighted two miles offshore of Tillamook, south of Garibaldi, around 1:20 a.m. The U.S. Coast Guard launched a 47-foot motor lifeboat from Station Tillamook Bay and a helicopter from Air Station Astoria, while search parties combed the beach.

Skies were clear at the time, and the water temperature was about 47 degrees. The Catherine M crew did not signal distress via radio or phone, according to the Coast Guard.

Search crews initially identified the missing boat through debris, including an empty life raft and three survival suits that washed ashore, Coster said.

King’s body was found on the beach about one half-mile south of Tillamook Bay around 4 a.m., he said.

At first light this morning, the Coast Guard launched a helicopter and two Station Tillamook Bay motor lifeboats, which were continuing to search for the missing boat and crew members today.

Liz, I have posted the situation on another Message Board I visit for prayers....hope you don't mind.

I am just remembering the pain and incertainty we (my family) went through when my brother was missing. So, in a way I suppose I know a little of what you are feeling. Don't wish it on anyone.

Wish I could give you a hug right now....

MA

Liz, I'm so sorry, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, Kathy

Sunset has come and gone. No new word.

Everywhere I go in town that knows us and knew him are full of tears and hugs and commiseration. It's hard to do, emotionally. I don't like crying in front of people, but dangit, my eyes hurt! (2 hours of sleep doesn't help, either).

There is video and other footage here:

http://www.katu.com/stories/83100.html

For Craig, and for the two I did not know that were with him when they tried to cross the bar that last time:

Crossing the Bar

Sunset and evening star,

And one clear call for me!

And may there be no moaning of the bar,

When I put out to sea.

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,

Too full for sound and foam,

When that which drew from out the boundless deep

Turns again home!

Twilight and evening bell,

And after that the dark!

And may there be no sadness of farewell,

When I embark;

For though from out our bourn of Time and Place

The flood may bear me far,

I hope to see my Pilot face to face

When I have crost the bar.

-Alfred Tennyson

Last edited by a moderator:
My warmest hugs and prayers to you all. Tears are running down my face and I can't see to type more.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

It goes without saying that thoughts and prayers will be with the member of the families of all who were lost in that tragedy. My regards

FOR LIZ, and excerpt from a writing by Khalil Ghabrin, altered just a bit by: Maxine

Your pain is my pain

your tears run out of my eyes

I feel your sorrow to the depth of my soul.

Lift yourself up and let me bear your agony

I truly care about you thus

If I cannot remove your sorrow please know that

I share your pain and I am with you

I will think of you always and I care

Liz; I am so sorry. I've been hoping that, as the day went on, there would be news of a miracle. My condolences and prayers for your family, and the families of the other fishermen.

Im so sorry that all the news has been bad. What an awful thing to go through.

Thank you, all. It's been a little more than unsettling to deal with some of the calls and visits/encounters w/other people just because I think it makes me see in them more of what I'm feeling and trying to hold together while the little ones are up.

Brandon really loved Craig, called him "Boots" like all the other fishermen did. Craig got the nickname from his first job on a crab boat in Alaska. He showed up with really big, clumsy boots that were not suited for fishing and he got teased for it, a "greenhorn" mistake. Ever after, he was Boots. When we were watching the news, Brandon asked me why I was so sad and I had to tell him I was worried because Craig's boat sank and they were still looking for him. I will have to tell him somehow that we won't see him again because we will see Jessica and Lake (his son) and no Craig.

That will be hard, also.

For as much time as we spent talking about and worrying about his boat being unseaworthy and all the close calls, I guess we never really imagined it would happen. So many times it doesn't, and I'm glad I warned a friend of ours, whose son almost took a job w/Craig on the boat, not to go...because then I would have lost two very special guys. We all would have. And that feels selfish, too, but I got a call from his mom tonight and she was thanking me for looking out for them, but sorry for the loss nonetheless. Sucks to be right.

Liz

Liz I am so sorry.

My prayers are with you and all of those affected by this tragedy.

Oh Liz, I'm so sorry there hasn't been better news. I was and still am praying for a miracle. If not a miracle, I pray they find the bodies so everyone can start healing. My thoughts and prayers remain with you and the families of the two missing men.

Liz I am so sorry for the loss and the pain you all are feeling, life can change so quickly for any of us and no matter how much we think we're prepared it hits us like a brick wall.

When my husband was a brakeman on the railroad I couldn't sleep until he was home, no matter how safe they try to be and how many rules and regulations there are some jobs are just so dangerous, knowing my husband was repeatedly between railroad cars they were connecting in all weather at all hours was just so scary.

You truly are a strong person and a wonderful wife/mother/aunt to your family and a rock for them at this time. Know you have us here to lean on, we're here for you.

I'm so sorry for your loss and pain.

krisp

Liz, I am so sorry. :no: Thoughts and prayers coming your way that they are still found alive.

Robin

Liz, I"m so sorry. The water can be an unforgiving taker of life. We lost a good friend and neighbor when I was a teen, he drowned in a deep lake and wasn't found for 10 days. He was only 20. It still haunts me, and I can imagine what you are going through. Prayers to you and your family.

Jan

Latest posts

Back