With every good news, why does there have to be bad?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nootka

Reaction score
Just glad I was awake to get this one rather than awakened.

I just got a call from the US Coast Guard and they are looking for ways to find out where my husband's nephew is at. He runs a boat called the Catherine M and apparently they have had a distress call from it, and no contact info other than us. I had no idea where they would be, but I've gotten these calls before and they are NERVE WRACKING.

I know Craig's boat is a real ummm...shall we say piece of work, and so I don't doubt that he very well could be in trouble out there. I don't even think he has an EPIRB.
default_sad.png

I don't want this to turn out badly. Could you keep him in your thoughts, and his crew as well, that they are not beyond help.

I'll update you when I know.

Liz

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way, for sure!

Oh no....good thoughts coming your way from me for your nephew and his crew!!
default_unsure.png
: :eek:

Oh Liz! He is my prayers for sure. Please keep us updated.

Oh Liz how scarey!!!!!

I hope he is found safe and sound soon. I know you will keep us posted.

Will keep Craig in my prayers today, Liz.

MA

OMG... how scary! I've made a passage on the ocean up there on a 30' sailboat with nothing more than a GPS. I sure hope everything is okay and you're back in touch with them soon!

Liz,

I just saw your post, about the search for your nephew and his crew. Holding in prayers for their safe recovery. {{{HUGS!}}}

In His Hands,

Tanya

Oh Liz, how scary! Of course he is added into my prayers as well as his crew and family.

Let us know when you hear anything.

Stacy

Positive thought and prayers coming your and his way!!! We live int eh Straits of Mackinaw and have a lot of "coasties" living here nad Coast Guard cutters so know this scenerio all too well.

May God be with them all!

Maxine
default_pray.gif
:

default_sad.png
Oh no. I was hoping to see an update from you this morning, saying all was OK. Sending prayers for his safety.

Liz

Sending prayers for Craig and his crew's safety.
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
: I was hoping to hear

all were safe this morning. Please Keep us updated.....

My good thoughts and prayers going out as well. I hope they find them soon safe and sound...how scary!

I'm afraid still no word, and I talked to his mother this morning. Could barely hear her due to cell reception, but she was crying and hysterical before our connection dropped out.

We have not spoken to her in about 6 years, but things like this put aside family rifts for other reasons.

I am really afraid to hold out much hope as the boat was so old and decrepit. If he'd had an EPIRB, it is likely he would have been located by now. I don't even think he had a GPS, let alone radar.

They were fishing from this port (Warrenton), so they have had some tough water to navigate even though the storms have died down, anything can happen and even a small emergency can turn tragic if one doesn't have contact w/help.

I wish I could say no word was good news, but I don't think so at this time. I am still waiting to hear anything definitive. I would think there would be at least two others on board with him as is customary.

HIs son is the same age as Colton, they were born a week apart.
default_sad.png

Liz M.

Will still send good thoughts your family's way.

Thanks for updating. The unbelievable happens every day.

Latest posts

Back