Still no news, but hope springs eternal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
Well, we haven't been able to get anyone to even walk thru our house since we listed it with a realtor so we made the agonizing decision to lower the price, and not just a little, we lowered it by $40,000. If that's what we have to do, so be it. Thankfully, it is paid for, so as long as we buy something cheaper, we will be OK. It's just such a shame to have to give it away like this. But, there have been several calls to our realtor since we priced it under $200,000. Funny how these things work out. Hopefully now that it is getting some attention, we will get some people come thru and make us an offer.

In the meantime, since we have had to lower it so much, we have revised our search parameters to substantially less housing than what we were looking for previously. We have found a nice double wide, with a nice carport that's covered and connected to the house, a porch on the front and back, all one level and really nice. It is on about an acre, out in the country, has a detached garage (for hubby's stuff), and is about 4 1/2 hours north of us (near to Lexington, KY). We told the couple we loved it, would lower the price of ours (which we did the very next morning), and would buy it the day after ours closes. I will keep them appraised on showings here, etc. I'm terrified someone else will buy it before ours sells.

So, hopefully this will all happen. It will be like moving to another country, really, because we don't know anyone there, or the area, or anything, but we learned all that when we moved here, so we can do it again.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for us. We could really use a break right about now.

p.s. I'm so stressed that I am down to less than 120 pounds. I'm not sure if that's good news or bad news...LOL

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble selling your home. Did you find homes for all of your minis? Would you have room there for 1 or 2 of them? Keep the faith, everything will work out for the best.

I've been putting off making any decisions about my horses because I have this wild hope that someone will want them with the farm. I mean, they are just so cute, right? I do have two horsey friends up here (very close) and if I have to, I can put them on either of their properties while I find homes for them. I hate, hate, hate the thought of breaking up the herd. They are all such family now, after all this time. It would be like putting my children in different foster homes. I won't have room (if we end up at the place we looked at this past Sunday) to keep any of them. Such is life. You gotta do what you gotta do. Right now, we just need much less than what we have. I've already shed all the tears I'm going to about it.

Stay Strong, we all admire your strength , hoping it all works out for you
default_smile.png

Keeping my fingers crossed for you on your house. I've had mine on the market almost 2 years, and lowered the price 3 times. It shows a lot, but no takers. 2 mortgages are no fun anymore :-( It's a shame, it's all stairs, or you could move here and keep your heard at my "new" place! At least when you are closer to Lexington you can go to the KY Horse Park!

You have jumped through more hoops and over more hurdles than most of us could ever imagine. I really admire your determination and good attitude. Your home is lovely and it will likely sell soon. Hopefully your horse situation will work out for the best. We are getting ever closer ready to sell our place and re-locate. It seems to be a never ending task to downsize, de-clutter, clean, repair, and so forth and so on. Your strides make me feel like a wimp and yet at the same time gives me much needed encouragement.

Wishing you the best,

Vickie

OK, so I don't want to get too excited....but we actually have two showing of our house today. WHAT??? And someone drove by last evening and said they had seen it on Zillow and would call the agent for a showing. Oh, be still my heart. Again, I don't want to get all excited but this is a good thing. I actually ate lunch yesterday. WHAT??? I'm still 15 pounds down, but this makes my spirits rise so I may be able to keep food down now. (Of course, I'm so nervous now I probably won't eat today but it's better to be nervous than depressed, right? LOL)

And we had a horrible thunderstorm overnight. So bad the little dog crawled from the foot of the bed to my pillow so she could snuggle. I asked hubby this morning what he thought of the storm and his reply "What storm?" geez.

Well, our last Mazda Miata left today. I believe we had 6 (hubby used to race them and has always loved them). Over the last several months he has been posting them online and the very last one drove off today. Our garage and barn look so dang big when they are not stuffed to the gills with cars. LOL We are down to our daily driver (Kia Spectra), which I have been known to haul doors, hay, mulch, whatever in and our truck. Down the road we probably will not have a need for a truck but since it's paid for, it might come in handy just for hauling garden stuff or whatever. Seems odd to not have a little sports car as we have always had one....or eleven....ahem. LOL

Latest posts

Back