Windy Hill ~Izzie **Colt pics pg 36**

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a blue dobe that looks just like her
default_smile.png
What a cutie!!! Dobes are one of the very best dog breeds IMHO. They love minis too!

The front seems to be coming in a bit tonight, thats great, excited to see how she looks in the morning.
default_smile.png

The front seems to be coming in a bit tonight, thats great, excited to see how she looks in the morning.
default_smile.png
I cant wait to check her in the morning! I will wake up early even though it is my first day off in a while!

The dobie is a sweet girl. She is tiny..my daughter has a dobie that she rescued from the shelter. He is about 120lbs and looks like he could eat this one for a snack! My daughter is 9yrs old and weighs about 60lbs...it is funny to see her with her "Toby the Doby". He ADORES her. He was at the shelter for a while and acted very hyper when anyone came near his run. My daughter was about 7yrs old at the time and had come into work with me. She went out to see the dogs and when I came to check on her she was standing outside his play area and he was laying on the ground at her feet inside his play area. It was love at first sight for both of them and she cried until I said that we could bring him home as a foster...that was close to 2yrs ago! My brother loves him too and teases my daughter about stealing him everytime he comes for a visit. He is coming in the morning to pick up Jasmine the blue dobie girl to try her at his house!

Do you check her in the middle of the night? I would start checking her at 10 and possibly 12 at this point ( if she were mine) A lot can change fast at this point and you might just wake up to a foal!

Also if possible get a few drops of milk on your fingers just to check for stickiness until your strips come
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have started stalling her at night and right now the camera is hooked to a television in my bedroom...so I usually wake up and check on her several times during the night. A couple of sleep deprived nights ago I woke up to check her and #thought# that I saw her laying down with something dark beside her...first thought - darn! Izzie had a solid foal..i was almost certain that she was homozygous pinto...second thought - IZZIE FOALED...third thougt (as i jumped out of bed waking up my hubby)- UG..she is actually standing up and that is her legs that I see...lol!

I havent tried to milk her yet...she is pretty touchy about it. I think that I will try tomorrow and see what I get. I have used the pool test strips before, but havent tried the milk strips. Am excited to try them out...Thanks again Megan!

LOL I understand when you wake up sleep deprived any shadow looks like a foal!

Arg...Izzie is not a fan of being stalled anyway, but last night was over the top. Her gate is short enough for her to look over. I dont know if it was all the fireworks last night or what but she literally pushed on her gate until the bottom hinge came loose and she could escape. She is fine and when I opened the gate she went back in the stall. I just left the gate open and she has been happily coming and going as she pleases. I am about to go out and take pics and maybe try for some milk.

More filling in the front this morning i think. Her udder feels very firm and warm. Couldnt get any milk and the little snot tried to bite my behind! Will get my hubby to hold her lead when I try next time!

SANY9800.JPG

SANY9796.JPG

Now that I look at the pics blown up I think it actually went down last night!!! Do yall think it is from being so upset last night?

Normal to go up and down, front looks down a bit, but back seems about the same. Dont worry, it wont last long!

It is raining cats and dogs here today. Izzie is nice and dry in her stall (with the gate standing open)...but Duchess and Pippa are standing out in the rain on the other side of the fence near her stall.
default_frusty.gif
On the up side with Duchess all wet I can see her tummy better. Her tummy looks lopsided today and I saw movement that could have been fetal, but I was pretty far away so hard to tell. She has been running with a leopard stallion right up until I bought her and the last time that they noticed her in heat was last April, but she is not guaranteed bred. She is 29.5" tall..what do yall think? Does she look on track for breeding date in april?

SANY9810.JPG

SANY9820.JPG

SANY9814.JPG

Well....it looks like I have a new appy girl coming tomorrow! Will post pics when she is "officially" mine!

Since my new girl will be here in about 2hours I guess it is ok to post pics of her! She foaled a mini mule in july and these pics are from about a week before she foaled....and she only bagged up about a week before foaling! This is Cottontails Black Magic. She is a 34" amha appaloosa. She has been with the same leopard appaloosa stallion as Duchess since she foaled in July.

029%20(3).jpg

375435_414357641969064_1625854564_n.jpg

She is so cute in her fuzzy winter woolies!!! My camea died before I got any Magic pics. I got pics of Izz's udder and it has filled more but doesnt look ready....her tummy is a different story! It looks like a big ol V. Couldnt get great pics of it, but it still shows. I left my card reader at work...trying to get my laptop to cooperate so I can load pics now!

Latest posts

Back