Windy Hill ~Izzie **Colt pics pg 36**

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessj

Reaction score
Hi Ladies! I thought that I would start a thread for my girl Izzie! She is a 10yr old 35inch amhr bay and white pinto. She has had (that I know of) 2 foals. She foaled nicely with no assistance with both of those. She was bred to my amha,amhr, 100% falabella boy Ferrari (whom Diane was sweet enought to let me purchase). He is a bay and white pintaloosa with one blue eye. She was put with him during her heat cycle on Oct. 7 2011 and stayed with him thru the spring. I did not see her in season again after october...but that would make her at 368days today. I think she probably bred on the next heat (wich was also about the time that I found out that I was pregnant and had horrible all day morning sickness, so it is possible that I didnt notice her in heat then!) I started taking photos of her from the side every week to two weeks a little over two months ago. I should have started taken udder pics then too, but I didn't. I am going to post some current pics of her and Ferrari, then I will post progression pics of Izz. Get ready for picture overload! Thanks Ladies!

PICT0092.JPG

PICT0091.JPG

PICT0101.JPG

PICT1151 (2).JPG

PICT1301.JPG

PICT1340.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
These pics are from 302 days to 365 days (from oct 7). The first 7 pics are all 7-10 days apart. The ones after that are 3-5days apart.Sorry the pics aren't great!

284890_423016401067202_1059776529_n.jpg

253856_423016421067200_275716771_n.jpg

523616_425491214153054_645616582_n.jpg

SANY0086.JPG

PICT1539.JPG

SANY0631.JPG

SANY0200.JPG

SANY0261.JPG

SANY0426.JPG

SANY0809.JPG

These are current pics. When I first started checking her udder the nipples were turned in toward each other. I don't have any pics from then, but they are pointed down now and she is making a little progress. She also has quite a bit of edema in front of her udder. It has been there for about a month and a half. Sorry for the crazy side view pic, but the sun was right behind her so I had to shade the camera. My hand is in the top of the pic. So....I guess I will join you guys that are going nuts waiting on these pregnant mares! I am officially starting my "tricolour filly with spots" chant now!

PICT0097.JPG

SANY0811.JPG

SANY7647.JPG

SANY7651.JPG

SANY7655.JPG

SANY7656.JPG

SANY7681.JPG

Hey welcome back Jess! how exciting looks like a ferrari baby will be coming very soon! woohoo I bet Diane is excited about this!

will you be putting her on marestare so we can watch? how is your little baby boy doing? he is sooo cute! I love stalking your photos LOL.
default_smile.png

Hi Cass! I cant believe that our little Finn is already a year old! He is such a cutie! I cant wait for a snuggly little one! I've got the camera up, but dont have Izz on marestare. I will post tons of pics tho! My baby boy Trevor will be three months old in three more days! He is getting so big! I know that I overload fb with kiddo pics, but I cant help myself...lol!

Miss Diane you might be sorry that you asked for pics...lol! I really love Ferrari. He is such a doll. So sweet and loving! I really had planned to wait until the spring (at least) to breed Izzie, but Ferrari only had a gelding for his pasture companion at that time and they weren't exactly friends. I had him and Izzie seperated with an entire pasture between them. He jumped TWO fences to get to her! I didnt want him to get hurt on fences so I just left him with her. I have three mares and a yearling filly now so he is pretty content and doesnt try to jump fences as long as I keep one of his girls with him. Right now Izzie and the filly are in one pasture and the rest are in another.

Here is Trevor and my daughter Payton Rae.

399439_4405131291020_1414188468_n.jpg

487800_4405099730231_803366911_n.jpg

247726_4674144816190_579412221_n.jpg

310123_4746552866346_813776315_n.jpg

302626_4778317940453_160653644_n.jpg

Congrats on the new grandbaby! Trevor was born on july 12th. I had crocheted him tons of little hats before he was born(I was on bed rest and trying to find anything to keep me busy!) But with all that hair he didnt even need them! He still wore them in the hospital. Thanks for the welcome back! I have been around, but I mostly just lurk and drool over pics...lol.

Ferrari is great with the girls. He occasionally gives them a bit of attitude just to make sure they know that he is "in charge" lol. He is the sweetest guy. He comes running for some attention when he sees me and is just an absolute pleasure to have around. I am so glad that you thought of him for me when is was drooling over K.C. Diane! I keep Pippa seperate because she is only 18months old. I usually try to keep one of the mares with her so she isnt lonely, so it worked out nicely for Izzie to pasture with her for now! I really want to get another filly for company for her... am looking at a silver dapple appy filly about her age now. I havent seen her in person yet, just pics. I hope to go see her this weekend. I have a question for those of you in the know about color. This girl is out of a cremello mare and by a black blanketed with spots appaloosa. She is a silver dapple appy...no spots yet, just striped hooves,sclera, and mottling. Here is my question...my non appy silver dapple filly has striped hooves and sclera...can the silver gene cause mottling too? All my girls are pinto and I really want my next to be an appy...

I wrote an entire post earlier....then my computer went down and lost it!
default_frusty.gif

My girl Pippa is amha/amhr. Her registered name is REFS Silver Illusion Eclipse. Her sire is a blue roan frame overo and her dam is a silver bay pinto. Pippa is listed as a silver dapple, but she is actually a minimally marked pinto...I just havent gotten it changed yet. She has several white spots on her tummy. I am at work, but I think there are a couple of pics of her on this computer...I will post them. I don't know of any appy in her background, but it would be awesome if there was! She has striped hooves and sclera. I havent noticed any mottling, but I havent really check her girly bits for it either. I know that the silver gene can cause striped hooves, but didnt know if it could possibly cause sclera too?

I

zzie looks the same...no change. She has been a bit of a grump the last couple of days, but her udder looks exactly the same.

Here is Pip...let me know what you think Miss Diane! If you need better pics let me know too...these are just the ones on my work computer!

549151_418923294809846_854110418_n.jpg

182111_418923411476501_1635637152_n.jpg

396807_418923504809825_936433086_n.jpg

Will get some more pics tomorrow...close ups are DEFINITELY not a problem with this little filly! Half of my Izzie pics end up with part of Pippa's nose in them...she likes to "help" lol

Awesome Miss Diane!! Thanks for the look up! Her sire is registered as a blue roan pinto, and I had wondered if it was possible that it was an appy varnish gene that was roaning him out? Even if it isnt, its awesome to know that there is appy there! I'm gonna try to find pics of some of the others down the line and see if they look like pintaloosa or solid appys! I plan to test her for LWO sometime next year (her sire is LWO+) so I will have to test for LP while I am at it! Thanks again!

Miss Izzie has no progress...if anything her bag looks smaller
default_frusty.gif
:frusty
default_frusty.gif

I've got some pics from today that I am going to post below. I need to look back in my calender, but I think that she was with Ferrari until april or may...will look and confirm it. I KNOW that she was bred in october, but I guess she could have come in again anytime after that and I somehow missed it.

SANY7735.JPG

SANY7731.JPG

Your horses are all gorgeous
default_smile.png
cannot wait to see your foal!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay Izzie's thread is back!!!! I didnt get to post for a bit and her thread disappeared. Izz's udder looks exactly the same. I am seeing alot of BIG foal movement. I think that we are definitely going to be waiting until spring (wich is a good thing since that is when I had planned for anyway) My camera battery is charging...I will get new pics in the morning.

Izzy is so cute! Looking forward to seeing her foal. Do you have a barn cam? I am semi watching a mare right now to and dont mind helping you out if needed.
default_smile.png

Yay!! Jess!! I was wondering if you had a thread here!

Hi Megan! When are we breeding Laney back?? We need another Tink!

Thanks Bonny! I have a camera, but I dont have her online. I may put her on later, but for right now she is still out to pasture so you cant really see alot.

It is still dusky at my house before I leave for work and the flash kept going off on my camera...will see if I got any decent pics when I get to work. I did get this really neat video of my little tricolour spotted filly kicking tho! I hope it attaches, I've never put a video on here before...

***UGG I cant get it to load! how do i do that?!?

Latest posts

Back